The costumes featured at the BlizzCon 2011 Costume Contest were absolutely spectacular, and it was incredibly difficult for our judges to narrow down all the stunning entries to just three winners. So, we gave 20 contestants who we weren’t able to recognize at BlizzCon a second chance at sartorial glory by offering the community a chance to vote on their favorites.
The voting was close, but the contest is now over. The winners were selected by tallying the votes we received as of November 18 from both NA and EU, and we’re ready to announce the results!
Please join us in congratulating our 10 winners, listed in order of placement:
1. Mary Booth, “Maiev Shadowsong” -- 2426 votes
2. Kathleen Elliott, “Sister Benedron” (Priest in Avatar set) -- 2311 votes
3. Lyz Brickley, “Mylune” -- 2292 votes
4. Jojo Chen, “Tyrael's Secret” -- 1828 votes
5. Tony Malcolm, “StarCraft II Marine” -- 1244 votes
6. Rebecca Hamilton, “Malis Vitterfolk, Shaman in Volcanic set” -- 824 votes
7. Christina Estrada, “Paladin in Regalia of Immolation” -- 727 votes
8. Joseph Grasso, “Paladin in Judgment set” -- 671 votes
9. Asher Augenstine, “Death Knight” -- 500 votes
10. Martha Robertson, “Gnome Spy in-a-mailbox” -- 382 votes
The top three costumes have earned their creators cash prizes of $1,000, $750, and $500. Fourth, fifth, and sixth place will each receive a SteelSeries prize package that includes 5H V2 Headphones, a 7G Keyboard, and an Ikari Optical Mouse. Runners-up beginning with seventh place will each earn a World of Warcraft virtual pet package that includes Lil' Ragnaros, Moonkin Hatchling, Lil' K.T., Pandaren Monk, and Lil' XT.
Congratulations again to all of our BlizzCon costume contestants. You all did fantastic work, and we thank you for sharing your creations with the community!