I've got a few questions :)
1) Are we ever going to see the issues with female worgen addressed? On the whole, the artwork and models the Blizzard team puts out is top-notch, but I think we can all agree that female worgen was not your best work. Thematically, the model feels mishmashed as though several concepts were smushed together last-minute; and mechanically the model is extremely buggy.
While I understand that you're reluctant to adjust player models after they've been released as people get extremely attached to them, and I do respect that, I would just like to continue hoping her bugs will be addressed and fixed. As soon as Cata dropped, I excitedly rolled my female worgen only to find, if I may be frank, a hot mess that I did not enjoy playing.
1b) Worgen, females particularly but even the males, are not up to the same standard as goblins and pandaren. I suspect this is due to the fact that the remodel halfway through Beta severely cut the time you thought you would have to work on them, but their faces are not nearly as expressive and their facial choices are fairly limited (four distinct faces for the guys, twenty indistinct faces for the gals). I was hoping this would be addressed with the player model updates, since as I understand it the idea was to bring all the models up to "Cata quality" and many of us feel the worgen fall short of that.
2) Female pandaren. I'd like to know the artists' thoughts on the direction they took her face, with her permanent "kitty smile" and extremely youthful appearance next to her male counterpart. I would also like to hear the artists' thoughts on her facial choices, and whether or not her facial choices will ever be fleshed out to give her options the same depth and breadth as the males. Currently, with no changes in the nose, mouth or eyes aside from color, the female's faces feel static and not really very meaningful.
3) Could you perhaps walk us through what goes into designing a female model for a race that has historically not had a female counterpart shown in the game, eg ogres? I know you guys mentioned you had considered putting ogres into the game fairly early on but stopped around the point where you were deciding what the female looked like. It would be interesting to hear your thought process behind these models. Do you try to make them look "attractive" to prevent Female Dwarf Syndrome, or do you just want to make them visually interesting?
4) What's the process like when updating an old, existing model and trying to retain the old "look and feel" while making it mechanically better? For example, when you updated goblins to make them playable, or the naga update, or perhaps a future murloc update? Hint hint hint? :D
5) Do you guys ever think we'll see the same tech they have in other games whereby one player model can use multiple heads or facial models to give players more choice? I know it was something that was being tested in Cata beta (that is why there are some screenshots and videos floating around of worgen without a face) but I also know your tech is slightly better now. Is it a limitation of the engine?
Edited by Snuzzle on 9/28/2013 8:21 AM PDT