Hearthstone card?

90 Gnome Death Knight
What if I do not have the beta yet for Hearthstone what will happen to my card when I buy the virtual ticket?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You'll get it when hearthstone is in open beta.

A fair guess would be roughly around the time of Blizzcon. So that should work out quite well.
Reply Quote
We also need more info about this card.

Is it really a legendary? Is it only obtainable to those who have a virtual ticket or attended blizzcon? Or will it be craftable?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
10/13/2013 11:53 PMPosted by Rayleigh
Is it only obtainable to those who have a virtual ticket or attended blizzcon? Or will it be craftable?

can answer those 2 right now.
Yes: it is only obtainable by having either the virtual ticket or a physical ticket to blizzcon

so this makes your 3rd question a No. It will not be craftable
Reply Quote
10/14/2013 12:32 AMPosted by Reikani
Is it only obtainable to those who have a virtual ticket or attended blizzcon? Or will it be craftable?

can answer those 2 right now.
Yes: it is only obtainable by having either the virtual ticket or a physical ticket to blizzcon

so this makes your 3rd question a No. It will not be craftable

How do you know?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
10/14/2013 04:15 AMPosted by Rayleigh
How do you know?

Simple. it's one of the blizzcon bonus items. it'll be exactly the same as every other blizzcon bonus item in the past. exclusive to the convention and virtual ticket.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
10/14/2013 04:15 AMPosted by Rayleigh
How do you know?

They wouldn't make it a blizzcon perk, if it was obtainable outside of blizzcon.
Reply Quote
10/14/2013 09:13 AMPosted by Reikani
How do you know?

Simple. it's one of the blizzcon bonus items. it'll be exactly the same as every other blizzcon bonus item in the past. exclusive to the convention and virtual ticket.

The difference is that cards in Hearthstone can offer a gameplay advantage. Imagine if people that bought Blizzcon tickets got a special Legendary weapon in WoW. I think you can see the problems that would cause.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
10/14/2013 11:06 PMPosted by Thander

The difference is that cards in Hearthstone can offer a gameplay advantage. Imagine if people that bought Blizzcon tickets got a special Legendary weapon in WoW. I think you can see the problems that would cause.

I doubt it'll offer much or any of an advantage. I'd say it's fair to say it'll be on par with any other card of a similar level.

much the same way that the in game pets work with pet battles in WoW.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
hellOOOOOOO .. blizzcon gave us a banner for D3, an exclusive ingame pet for wow and a mystery minion card as well as some other HS cards to play with along with some other things . just sign up for the closed beta if you want. I did and am prepped for that card now :) I mean cmon guys. its not THAT expensive and those of us with accounts have access to sign up already
I would imagine for those that don't have the other games ( like my lack of starcraft due to favoring wow more than SC) that what doesn't get used just sits attached to your account anyway and if you decide later down the road to get the said game. the perk you got would apply . I don't see the issue there. *shrugs*
oh and if you DID sign up . check your email!! itll be sitting there waiting for you to use the key to unlock the beta ..( had one in mine XD)
Edited by Howlsong on 10/20/2013 3:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm wondering if it won't be an alternate art version of an existing card.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
10/14/2013 11:06 PMPosted by Thander

Promo cards in real TCG's offer "advantages" too.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock

This is true, but look at ALL other in-game goodies has given before. They are all vanity items. Mounts, pets, banners, icons. Nothing actually had any affect on the actual game (no better gear or stat increases). Just like the items you can buy from the battle.net store. So far, they have not made any games "Pay-To-Win". They want to give the same opportunity to earn their stats.

That being said, I personally see Hearthstone going away from this, because Hearthstone is free-to-play and they need to make money some how. Currently, you get a special card if you pay for cards in the beta. This is only obtainable from spending money, and I think the in-game card Blizzon gives us will be only obtainable this way and it will be a legit card with good stats.
Reply Quote
Seriously, they should at least give us a little info about this card. About whether it's gold, legendary, obtainable through crafting, etc.
Reply Quote
So far this is the only secret left for Blizzcon. Lets let this one stay under wraps until the convention.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Same poster that called the expansion on MMO champ said the card is an Elite Tauren Chieftain.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
11/05/2013 03:33 AMPosted by Rayleigh
Seriously, they should at least give us a little info about this card. About whether it's gold, legendary, obtainable through crafting, etc.

Gold: Don't think so.
Legendary: Yes.
Obtainable through crafting: No.

Look at the picture of it in the in-game goodies press release/virtual ticket page. It's not gold, it's legendary, and if it is given away at Blizzcon, that's the only way to get it (well and virtual ticket). Just like everything else that has ever been given away at Blizzcon.
Reply Quote
I think they will do it like the prize for testing the beta store. Everyone can get the Gelbin Mekkatorque card, but only the people who spend money during the beta can get a gold version. I bet a regular version of the blizzcon card will get patched into the game client shortly after blizzcon.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/05/2013 12:24 PMPosted by Cronedog
I think they will do it like the prize for testing the beta store. Everyone can get the Gelbin Mekkatorque card, but only the people who spend money during the beta can get a gold version. I bet a regular version of the blizzcon card will get patched into the game client shortly after blizzcon.

Doubtful, it wouldnt be a convention exclusive if anyone could get it.
Reply Quote

This is true, but look at ALL other in-game goodies has given before. They are all vanity items. Mounts, pets, banners, icons. Nothing actually had any affect on the actual game (no better gear or stat increases). Just like the items you can buy from the battle.net store. So far, they have not made any games "Pay-To-Win". They want to give the same opportunity to earn their stats.

That being said, I personally see Hearthstone going away from this, because Hearthstone is free-to-play and they need to make money some how. Currently, you get a special card if you pay for cards in the beta. This is only obtainable from spending money, and I think the in-game card Blizzon gives us will be only obtainable this way and it will be a legit card with good stats.

You're wrong, don't spread false info like this. The card you get is a golden version of a card you can still get from crafting. Everyone can get it, beta players (who pay) just get the golden animated version, it's not exclusive to beta or payers in any way.

Granted making legendaries without paying does take unreasonably long without getting lucky, but you get my point.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]