Hearthstone card?

Murkalot, D3 banner, SC2 portrait are all available now & still no additional info about the hearthstone card.

Even if it's related to the WoW expansion, details like whether it's gold, legendary, obtainable through crafting, etc, shouldnt have to be kept under the wraps.
Edited by Rayleigh on 11/7/2013 6:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
so i got my wow pet and my d3 banner but i dont see my hearthstone card how and where do i find it?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter

This is true, but look at ALL other in-game goodies has given before. They are all vanity items. Mounts, pets, banners, icons. Nothing actually had any affect on the actual game (no better gear or stat increases). Just like the items you can buy from the battle.net store. So far, they have not made any games "Pay-To-Win". They want to give the same opportunity to earn their stats.

That being said, I personally see Hearthstone going away from this, because Hearthstone is free-to-play and they need to make money some how. Currently, you get a special card if you pay for cards in the beta. This is only obtainable from spending money, and I think the in-game card Blizzon gives us will be only obtainable this way and it will be a legit card with good stats.

You're wrong, don't spread false info like this. The card you get is a golden version of a card you can still get from crafting. Everyone can get it, beta players (who pay) just get the golden animated version, it's not exclusive to beta or payers in any way.

Granted making legendaries without paying does take unreasonably long without getting lucky, but you get my point.

Ok ppl what part of BLIZZCON EXCLUSIVE do you not understand. Even IF it is a gold card (which I highly doubt it will be) unlike Golden Geblin you won't be able to obtain the "mystery minion" card any other way than buy either physically going to BLizzcon or buy getting a virtual ticket. I do believe that it will be a legendary only because a player will only be able to have 1 of them in any deck at any time. If at any point in the future that the "mystery minion" become craftable in any way shape or form with the exception of hacking, I might shelve my HS decks and look else where because when you take away exclusivity of an exclusive item Blizz might as well give every WoW player the Blizzcon pets from the past; it would only be fair.
Reply Quote
Golden version of a craftable legendary card. It is so obvious I can't see why you guys can't see it. The "golden" makes it an exclusive vanity stuff to those who pays, just like on the other games, it doesn't give you advantage over other players. May as well be a golden card with different artwork. But the normal version will be craftable.
Reply Quote
Haven't been able to get beta key yet, so i hope i still get the card. A beta key for ticket purchasers would be nice too :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I have beta for Hstone, also have the virtual ticket, but see no extra cool card, assuming it will be within the next three days.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
If i can know what card i'm getting, it might tip the scale and i will either buy or not buy now... common tell me what card it is!! lol
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I love to hear people complain about the hearthstone card, as if a single card can tip the balance enough to whine about it. In Hearthstone, even someone with a deck full of legendaries can be roflstomped by murlocs if you dont draw the right cards in game. The basic cards you get are far more valuable gameplay wise than any sparkly golden holofoil chocolately coated super mega card you get from Blizzcon.
Reply Quote

Ok ppl what part of BLIZZCON EXCLUSIVE do you not understand. Even IF it is a gold card (which I highly doubt it will be) unlike Golden Geblin you won't be able to obtain the "mystery minion" card any other way than buy either physically going to BLizzcon or buy getting a virtual ticket. I do believe that it will be a legendary only because a player will only be able to have 1 of them in any deck at any time. If at any point in the future that the "mystery minion" become craftable in any way shape or form with the exception of hacking, I might shelve my HS decks and look else where because when you take away exclusivity of an exclusive item Blizz might as well give every WoW player the Blizzcon pets from the past; it would only be fair.

Unless they make it a boring uninteresting card then there's no reason as to why they can't just make a brand new legendary card, give buyers the golden version, and let other craft it, just like they're doing with the previous special card.

It would upset the balance of the game to make a powerful and useful card buyer only and they've talked constantly about straying away from that. So again, no, they will not be making it so you can only ever get this card through Blizcon unless it is a carbon copy of another card with new art (Or just a gold version of something that exist).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Hearthstone Blizzcon card is Elite Tauren Chieftain.
Reply Quote
so when do we actually get this card? still dont have mine in my collection
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
We also need more info about this card.

Is it really a legendary? Is it only obtainable to those who have a virtual ticket or attended blizzcon? Or will it be craftable?

The Mystery Minion has finally been unveiled! Elite Tauren Chieftain is the BlizzCon 2013 promotional card for Virtual and Physical ticket holders! All ticket holders will receive a glorious golden animated version of the card, and if you didn't buy a virtual or physical ticket, you will be able to craft your own normal version of the card for 1600 Arcane Dust.

so yes it will be craftable just not the gold version.
Reply Quote
98 Gnome Mage
still do not have it but it was cool to see it introduced, any idea when it will be added to our games?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
i dont see the card, i have reward in my diablo, warcraft, and starcraft game..
why dont i have the card yet?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Reply Quote
The card isn't uploaded into the game yet, that's why it's not available.

And the card gives an additional card TO BOTH PLAYERS. Randomized between 3 different cards, so no, it's not an advantage like some people beliee.
Reply Quote
i want mine XD.... just waiting lol
Reply Quote
You are right of course but the card that you can get in beta is exclusive to the beta after the beta it will not be available anymore... But the non golden version will be and is (same for blizzcon)
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Since Blizzard has gone to using a B.net account for all their games, it's easier for it to track information associated with your account across all games, so even if you never played the closed or open beta with an associated game during the time you redeemed your loot card, any legendary cards you would have gotten from said card would be available once the game was actually released and you obtained it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]