Blizzcon 4 Gig Thumb Drive Question

90 Dwarf Hunter
So I logged into the Blizzard Store just an hour or 2 after the Blizzcon Presale went live to check out all of the merchandise.
One thing caught my eye that I added to my cart: A 4 gig thumb drive for $15. Now that's a little over the average for such a small thumb drive, but it was the description that got my attention.

It said something to the effect of: "Comes preloaded with exclusive desktop Material/Content".

I was very curious to see what that would be so I placed it in my cart and looked around to see if I could find any answers on the forums/searches. No luck. I forgot that I had it in my cart and went about my day.
Last weekend I remembered to log in after seeing the blue announcement that they added more items to the store. Low and behold, carts have been emptied after the site was down for maintenance and the description has been change to just "a 4 gig thumb drive". No mention of the preloaded content.
Did anyone else see or notice this?
I called the Blizzard Store number at the bottom of the home page. Talked to 2 guys that didn't know what I was talking about, but did say that may have been one of the changes made when the store site was taken down for a while, but they didn't know for sure.

So my questions are:

Does anyone know if this item in fact contains any preloaded materials/content as the first description said?

People who did purchase this item under those pretenses early on, would Blizzard contact them to let them know that the product description was wrong to allow refunds or cancelations?

I would have been pretty bummed to get the drive to find that its empty since I was only curious about the content.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I noticed that too! I was wondering the exact same thing. I was initially intrigued by it, but thought I would wait until the actual Con to get it, because I am cheap and don't want to pay shipping. The other day I was googling to see if anyone uploaded the wallpapers online for download, and when I went to the product page to look up information about it, I noticed that detail was missing as well. I don't know what that means exactly (if they still have the wallpapers or not), but would love to hear from someone who has purchased the thumbdrive.
Reply Quote
85 Pandaren Monk
Purchased it for my husband, am saddened to learn of this. ):

I'll post info about it when it gets here.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Hey there, for the exclusive content, they had to remove that information as what the exclusive content will be is not finalized. They're working on getting that content, but please, do not purchase the item with the expectation.

If content is made available later, you will be able to contact CS and they will have the content.
Reply Quote
85 Pandaren Monk
Thank you for the infos, O' delightful Gorloc Timelord. <3
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
This makes me sad to hear, I purchased it the day the store went live for the "Exclusive content". It's a cute USB drive, but now I'm pretty disappointed.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Thanks for the update, just got my thumb drive in the mail (live in Australia, so took a few days to get here) and noticed there was nothing on it, thought my computer was being silly but then I noticed the store info had changed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I was wondering the exact same thing. I mean, the exclusive content would've been nice to have as it's a drive for 15, granted a very nice one, but I think people that ordered it would've like to have had some kind of exclusive information on it. Or even a copy of the original Warcraft and Warcraft 2 games. Or make it kinda cool looking, like the USB drive that came with the collector's edition of Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3.
Edited by Ashenis on 11/27/2013 11:21 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]