DIRECT TV WITH VIRTUAL TICKET - Resolved

90 Human Hunter
The following is from the Direct TV web site::
I purchased the BlizzCon 2013 Pay Per View event through DIRECTV. Do I have to pay for the Internet stream?
No, the Internet stream is included for free in your DIRECTV Pay Per View event purchase. After ordering through DIRECTV, you will receive an email containing a code that will grant one Battle.net account access to the Virtual Ticket Internet stream and the BlizzCon 2013 World of Warcraft, Diablo III, StarCraft II, and Hearthstone in-game goodies. Enter this code through the code redemption page at any time, and your Battle.net account will be flagged to access the Internet stream. Make sure to redeem this code using the Battle.net account on which you wish to receive the in-game goodies!

I did not receive any code!! However, I did get an e-mail conformation of my order (no number either).
I Called Direct TV. They dont even have a clue nor did they have any answers. Direct TV is pointing the finger at Blizzard....and Blizzard is saying to contact Direct TV. (Really guys lol)
This needs to be resolved. Moreover, who is responsible for sending out the codes. If they are going to be sent out later this needs to be indicated.
All I can say is this. If I do not get my code and get what was promised I plan on disputing this event and asking for a refund.
End of line....... :-)
UPDATE: I checked my e-mail today (10/31/13) and no code.
HOWEVER :-) I SAW THIS TODAY on http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/blizzcon
FROM THE DIRECT TV WEBSITE
Why haven’t I received my BlizzCon code yet?
If you have an e-mail address on file with DIRECTV.com and ordered via DIRECTV.com or our 1-800-531-5000 customer service number, you should receive your BlizzCon code within 72 hours of purchase. If you do not, it is possible your confirmation e-mail may have been intercepted by spam filters. Please check your spam folder for this message. If you are unable to locate it, or there is an issue with your email address, please contact BlizzCon@DIRECTV.com, including the following information:
1. Full Name on your DIRECTV account
2. Phone # associated with your DIRECTV account
3. DIRECTV Customer Account #
Our customer service department will investigate and re-send the code if needed.
There is the Answer :-)
Edited by Novyart on 11/1/2013 1:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
I can't help, unfortunately, but I can let you know that you aren't alone. These two posts are also from today:

http://us.battle.net/blizzcon/en/forum/topic/10387709158

http://us.battle.net/blizzcon/en/forum/topic/10388659269

I hope we all get a resolution soon. I'm still waiting for my code too, and I spent an hour on the phone with Directv this morning. :-)
Reply Quote
92 Night Elf Druid
Same exact issue, so we aren't alone.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
Me too. no virtual ticket code yet and its almost 72 hours. And it clearly states this is part of the package...
Reply Quote
Looks like we can start a club soon.

I spoke with Directv supervisor yesterday who insisted that the code was for a $39.99 credit to my account, and that I can't get the code for 2 weeks after I order. I explained several times the code was to access the digital content and live stream, and that get the code after the fact would be pointless. After 30 minutes I had enough and hung up. We really need to get Blizzard involved here, because Directv doesn't have a clue (she kept telling me to call Blizzcon-lol)
Reply Quote
So here is my full story.

First I waited for it to show up. It finally showed up in the search results, but was not available for purchase.
I called support and she had no info other then that it was not yet for sale. She guessed it would be available Nov 7 or 8 (but honestly didn't know).
Then I posted on their facebook page where I was told it wasn't yet for sale, because the price had yet to be determined (despite the price being listed on Blizzard, Directv.com, and the Directv guide).
Then I emailed support. Was told I should receive the code within 48 hours.
I emailed again, and was told to contact the Blizzcon@directv email where I got an auto response from 'Blizzcon 2011 support team'.
Finally I call again yesterday where I requested a supervisor. She kept insisting the code was for an account credit and it would arrive in 2 weeks. I informed her the code is for digital content and the live stream access and it wouldn't make sense to receive that after the event is over. Finally I hung up.

So summary-They have no idea what they are talking about. They don't know what they are offering, when its available, or what the redemption offer is. And their 'dedicated support' is significantly out of date.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Why is there no blue answer for this problem yet? :o/
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Same issue for me :/
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
So if I purchased the "virtual ticket" through Blizzard, does that mean I can't watch it on Direct TV even if I have Direct TV? Should I cancel online ticket and purchase Direct TV special and get online free?
Edited by Ayurveda on 11/4/2013 6:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
AoK
I'm with you Ayurveda. I guess I shouldn't be such a loyal Blizzard doobie. It cost me some happiness this time.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
I ordered via DTV.com in 2011 and never got my in game goodies and what not, and now I'm considering what to do, I want to watch via DTV but also want the goodies that DTV never got to me back in 2011.

I just paid for the v-ticked here via battlenet and don't want to have to pay again via DTV just to watch it the way I want.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
BTW I'm still very bummed about the 2011 issue, which is why I signed up via this site this time but now I'm bummed again because I might not be able to DVR it like I did in 2011
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I opened a ticket with blizz because I accidentally ordered the virtual ticket and wanted the directtv viewing. Blizz gave me a refund.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Thanks so much I will give it a try.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Ordered the DirecTV ticket and no code yet either. Got the confirmation email but no redemption code. Contacted DirecTV and the rep I talked to said they know nothing about a redemption code.

Didn't have this issue in 2011 but we're coming up on Blizzcon and still no code after over a week.
Edited by Bullettime on 11/5/2013 4:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warlock
got my code but says already used
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I ordered via DTV.com in 2011 and never got my in game goodies and what not, and now I'm considering what to do, I want to watch via DTV but also want the goodies that DTV never got to me back in 2011.

I just paid for the v-ticked here via battlenet and don't want to have to pay again via DTV just to watch it the way I want.

I believe that was the same year that DTV tried to screw me out of the goodies. They passed the buck to Blizzard and Blizzard for a time passed it to DTV. Eventually a Blue intervened on the forums and I had my goodies mailed to me in game.

I would urge you to do the same. It's an easy matter for them to send you an in game item.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I also recieved my code, but it says already used.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]