BlizzCon 2014

86 Blood Elf Death Knight
Make friends. We all try again every year. There is no veteran's preference.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I hear you, this is actually the first year that I'm even going to have a shot with getting a ticket since I'll be off of work to do so. Also first year that my budget will even allow me to attend so I'm pretty excited and hoping to find out more from peeps who have been there before.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I got my ticket last night I was lucky but what I think is stupid is people who buy the tickets and have no planes on going and sell them for double the price that is not fair to people who have never gone before after tickets were sold there were 2 pages of people selling tickets for double I think blizz should stop that from happing if you don't plan on going don't buy tickets to sell them give other people a chance to get them in the first place.
Reply Quote
Many of those listings are fraudulent. Someone even pointed out that one existed prior to tickets going on sale. Right now people are desperate and will pay large sums on money for tickets. The scammers on eBay know this and are exploiting it. By putting up listing now they avoid the PayPal and eBay protections because by the time you know you've been scammed it's too late to do anything about it.

As for the real ones the solution to that comes down to us a community. As long as people pay the outrageous prices that the tickets are resold for on eBay scalpers will continue to do their thing. Blizzard can only do so much.
Reply Quote
OP, seriously...? I've managed to go every year except the 05'.

07' it just wasn't as popular yet, tickets were available for weeks.

08' The only year that was a pain...similar to this time...getting a ticket didn't depend on how fast you were, it was just pure luck. Blizzard wasn't prepared for the demand and it was understandable, they apologized and did a lotto which I was lucky enough for.

Since 09' it has been the same story; spam F5 2 minutes before the ticket sale time and keep your hand on the mouse, at the ready. I've also always managed to buy tickets on both sale dates for friends. I've also had to give a ticket away a couple times (for free). The friends of mine that "tried" did not understand how quickly tickets sell out and would attempt to buy them 10 minutes or 30 minutes after they went on sale. One friend stared at his page for 20 seconds not realizing the button was available and didn't make it. The blizzard system worked. If you were fast enough, you got tickets.

For whatever reason...they went with a third party this year (gave me a bad feeling from the start). It didn't matter how fast you were here. If this was your first year that you were actually prepared, refreshing and all, then I really do feel your pain. But to say that you deserve to go over others just because you've never have been able to before, that is just dumb. Stop asking for handouts just because you weren't prepared before. The logic you present is proof that you do not hold yourself accountable for things that go wrong. You should work on that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Personally Blizz should remove the "editable attendee" option. This way if you buy, you attend.
Reply Quote
05/10/2014 10:00 AMPosted by Rumor
Personally Blizz should remove the "editable attendee" option. This way if you buy, you attend.

This isn't a solution. It stops scalpers but will also waste countless tickets. Every year there are tons of threads popping up on here from people who have had someone back out of Blizzcon. Without the ability to change the names that ticket is gone. Lots of things can come up over the next 6 months, there needs to be a way for people to transfer those tickets so they don't go in the trash.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Not being able to change the names actually doesn't do anything. Said person can give out the badges and those people can get in.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I have 2 extra tickets available if anyone's interested. I managed to get 8 and 2 of my friends backed out if interested shoot me mail at jokerslye45@gmail.com
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
If you think that going to BlizzCon is a lot of $$$ dont even try to travel to Europe and Asia.

You should probably stay at home and watch it via the internet.
Reply Quote
I'm so happy that I get to go this year yay !
Bought 4 instantly when I noticed I had made it,

I got a spare as of now and am willing to sell at face value if anyones interested. Otherwise I'll have to drag my gf with me I guess. :D
Reply Quote
I have tickets left if you still need some let me know!
Reply Quote
I go to two other big shows (Dragon Con and San Diego Comic-Con) that also sell out, and I'm not aware of any way to buy blank tickets for those and transfer them to someone else later. Blizzard should require everyone to have a Battle.net account at time of ticket purchase, the names must be filled in at purchase, and the tickets cannot be transferred. In case of hardship, petition Blizzard for individual refunds but in general tickets are not refundable.

Sure, there are always people who will bum badges at the door, but that is a small minority compared to the wholesale scalping going on now.
Reply Quote
05/16/2014 08:09 PMPosted by Batty
I go to two other big shows (Dragon Con and San Diego Comic-Con) that also sell out, and I'm not aware of any way to buy blank tickets for those and transfer them to someone else later. Blizzard should require everyone to have a Battle.net account at time of ticket purchase, the names must be filled in at purchase, and the tickets cannot be transferred. In case of hardship, petition Blizzard for individual refunds but in general tickets are not refundable.

Sure, there are always people who will bum badges at the door, but that is a small minority compared to the wholesale scalping going on now.

Just because other places do it doesn't mean Blizzard should. The battle.net account was a requirement previous years since the tickets were sold from the Blizzard store. That however does nothing to deter scalping since the accounts are free and take all of 5 minutes to setup.

The idea of names being locked in at purchase has been brought up every year that I can remember. Someone always thinks it is the grand solution to the scalping problem. The problem is that it doesn't deter or stop scalping. What it does do however is waste tickets.

It doesn't deter scalping because scalpers can just put their own name on every ticket. They then would pick up all 4 badges at the con and give those badges to their buyers. So the only real change for them is that they are selling the badge, not the barcode emails. So in the end scalping lives on.

It wastes tickets because every ticket that is refunded like you are suggesting is lost. Considering how popular this event is it is dumb to take tickets out of circulation. Someone from Blizzard did an interview a few years back stating that they run Blizzcon at a loss. Every one of those refunded tickets adds to their loses. They also lose the benefit of having that person buy things at the store and possible help recover some of those losses.

Like I said above this is suggested every year. I would have to assume Blizzard agrees it is a bad idea or they would have implemented the changes years ago.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Scalping is not even a concern anymore, there are a LOT of people currently selling extra tickets at face value. For example I am trying to sell two extra tickets for $203 which is their face value. I am only selling them because I had a couple friends flake on me and now are no longer going. I am not scalping and there are plenty of others not scalping. You will always have people trying to scalp yes, but honestly if you have people trying to sell tickets for face value the scalpers purpose is null and void.

Also anyone interesting in two tickets for $203 a piece let me know. I will give you my home address if it makes you feel more comfortable in doing business with me. I am not looking to gain anything just get rid of my tickets.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I want to buy a ticket, if any one not going please pm me or post reply
Reply Quote
I wanted to let you know that me and my fiancee never was ever able to get tickets to blizzcon. Every year we tried and every year was a big flop. This is our first blizzcon ever. When we bought our tickets and I was able to secure them I felt like I won the lottery. But I know how you feel. I believe even after all the craziness with the tickets that it has been more fair than last year. And I cannot stand those people who sell the tickets beyond face value. But those who were selling the tickets i was extremely surprised to see that they were selling them at face value. So my heart goes out to you guys for giving some one a chance to go and not wasting a ticket
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Still havent been able to go. Unfortunately most of the time its just cause being in the Military and stationed overseas kinda ruins a lot of things for me. Including Blizzcon and raid times... This year was the first time that my change of duty station and blizzcon matched up and just didnt get high enough in the queue for a ticket. Guess im going to have to try again next year at least ill be stateside again then.
Reply Quote
Let me tell ya man. I watch blizzcon every year since the introduced the virtual ticket. and that's due to the fact that every time I tried to get the ticket for me and my Fiancee we never gotten high in the queue. I was dumb I should have at least tried the blizzcon forums because after they were sold out there were a lot of people here selling at face value due to life changes. So never give up trying to get them. Just never buy them from Ebay I have seen a lot of scammers taking peoples money and giving them fake blizzcon tickets. The community that we have on the blizzcon forums is really strong. I feel very fortunate that me and my fiance are going for the first time ever.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Hey can I ask you all a question about buying Blizzcon tickets on ebay. I was unable to get tickets on the day they came out and looked at the prices on ebay. I just got an unexpected work bonus and would love to buy tickets for an anniversary present for my hubby. I saw that there are still tickets on ebay, but thought that the deadline for having the name on the ticket was in June. Is this legit? Is there a better place to get tickets and is it even still a possibility. I would love to experience this with him. We have both attended the SDCC but never together!

Thanks!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]