Band suggestions for Blizzcon 2014

First off, I'd like to say that Blizzcon 2013 was amazing and Blink 182 was a pretty good concert, but I feel Blizzard could have done a much better job on picking a band and here's why: 1.) Tom was being a complete imbecile and was acting immature while Mark was trying to talk about the convention 2.)Blink 182 seems kind of 1999...maybe because the World of Warcraft xpac release is going back in time themed lol. So sense it looks like Blizzard wants to stick with hiring people that are Los Angeles locals, which makes tons of sense, here's a list of bands that I feel would have done a much better job and should be contacted to play next years con.
System of a Down
Sublime
Metallica (would probably be the best pick but the most expensive performance rate)
Avenged Sevenfold
Linkin Park
Greenday
The Offspring
Rage Against the Machine
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Deadmau5 or Daft Punk( doesn't live in LA but would be really cool)
What would be your top picks?
Edited by Voztok on 11/10/2013 10:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
In Flames next year would be rad.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
My vote is for Lindsey Stirling.
Reply Quote
Brendon Small (Dethklok Live) would be good for blizzcon I think although Blizzard would probably want a bigger name.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I say just go with the Tauren Chieftains, Blizzard's own in-house band.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I agree I'd love to see Elite Tauren Chieftains play again but if thats not an option I'd suggest one of these bands:

Alestorm (They are just FUN! I'd love to see these guys play at a blizcon)

Dragonforce
Scorpions
Manowar
Anvil
Hammerfall
Sabaton

Also not exactly a band but it would be pretty great to see Lindsey Stirling and Peter Hollens play at Blizcon too.
Edited by Khristopher on 11/10/2013 6:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
Justin Beiber
Miley Cyrus
Ke$ha
Jonas Brothers
One Direction
Nicki Minaj

in that order

for a killing spreeeeeeee
Reply Quote
Linkin Park is pretty darn amazing live, I vote for LP :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
LP FTW
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Dokken
Ratt
Linkin Park
Foriegner (I know an older group but they do excellent in smaller venues and I have yet to see them not engage everyone, regardless of age, when they perform.)
Reply Quote
Cage the Elephant was pretty fun to see live.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If you could time travel and bring Metallica back from about a decade ago it would be great but please not this new thing that calls itself Metallica.

I would love to see Ramstein, Linkin Park, Rise Against or Even another one from the Ozzman.

LTC would be pretty awesome too.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
OP has some great suggestions -
Avenged Sevenfold (I asked for them after Blizzcon 2011 and they're local!)
System of a Down
Linkin Park
Rise Against
Metallica
Lindsey Stirling would be pretty cool
Avenged would be the ultimate coolest though in my opinion!!
I am not a super huge fan of Blink but they do have some great songs, and it was pretty fun to see them, regardless of any complaints people have. I just think its pretty awesome that Blizzard brings in live music. Not sure if other major conventions do that sort of thing?
Edited by Andelyse on 11/12/2013 11:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
Justin Beiber
Miley Cyrus
Ke$ha
Jonas Brothers
One Direction
Nicki Minaj

in that order

for a killing spreeeeeeee

Some men just want to watch the world burn...
Reply Quote
Dangerkids > Linkin Park

Oh and also maybe these bands could play:

Chimp Spanner
Pelican
Animals As Leaders
Cloudkicker

I'll write more if I think of them.
Reply Quote
89 Human Mage
If Metallica or Avenged Sevenfold went, that would make it one of the best concerts ever. Just get a band that rocks! For me, Blink-182 did not "rock" at all. It's all the same pop-garbage.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I would like to see the Tauren Chieftains and SongHammer (Those are the guys who won the talent contest this year) play next year. Make it a tradition that if a band wins the talent portion, their prize is playing next year's closing ceremony, that gives them enough time to assemble a set list (Though SongHammer has more than enough as it is now)

Won't ever happen because people have become spoiled with a brand name playing the closing ceremonies, but a shaman can dream.. :)
Reply Quote
Lindsey Stirling
'nuff said.

+ Whenever Bard (maybe never!) class gets introduced Lindsey is the only person in the world fitting enough to be the one playing there!
Edited by Lestuniem on 11/13/2013 2:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/10/2013 10:41 AMPosted by Mailmann
My vote is for Lindsey Stirling.

Winner!

Although I don't know if she can carry an evening on her own. She'd need a little bit of backup and/or a secondary performance before/after hers.
Reply Quote
i would suggest Tauren Chieftains or 5 finger death punch or godsmack or rob zombie they got talent but the band they had this year was not my cup of tea but who ever suggested that band should be shot and chopped up because they dont have good taste lol jk but godsmack or 5fdp or rob zombie would be the best choices.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]