BlizzCon 2013 VODs will be removed Nov 25

90 Blood Elf Priest
I got very sick during the month of November and drug myself out of bed for mindless playing when I was up for it but never felt well enough to concentrate on the details of the conference. For some reason, I thought it went through this weekend when I would feel better and not have to worry about kid interruptions and concentration. I don't want to have paid $40 for just a pet. If so, I won't do it again as November and Asthma/allergies are always iffy for me. I went live 2 years ago (in the neighborhood all the time) and the dry ice smoke made me sick day one and I missed the rest. This time my home allergies hit harder than they have for years and I literally had 7 doctor's appointments and a ton of labs. Not fun. Even more not fun at missing this. I thought I could spend today (Black Friday off for everyone else to take care of the rest of stuff I so I could rest and relax).
Isn't there some place to go now to see bits and pieces at least? I think I saw half of the opening discussion on WoW and realized I couldn't retain what they were saying.
Please tell me that this isn't all.
Edited by Tayva on 11/29/2013 1:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
WTB Blu-ray copy of BlizzCon 2013...
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Hi there,

We're really sorry but we cannot bring the VODs back. As there are many parties involved with contracts, there were stipulations with the VODs and their accessibility. I apologize for those of you who were unable to watch all the panels you wanted to.

I've asked the team to see if we can bring them back, but unfortunately we are unable to.
Reply Quote
The last Blizzcon in 2011 the VOD were available for a month after the show... This sucks that I finally get internet again (was moving in November) and I go to watch them and they were gone within two weeks of BlizzCon!

Given the 50% reduction in time from last time, would it have hurt to send out a reminder 72 hours ahead of time saying "don't forget, VOD leaving soon!"

This is the first Blizzcon EVER that I didn't get to see the costume contest, and I'm seriously bummed!
Reply Quote
Why is this always removed so soon? People paid 40 dollars a piece for this. It should be up for months not weeks...
Reply Quote
Community Manager
12/02/2013 10:50 PMPosted by ViddWizard
The last Blizzcon in 2011 the VOD were available for a month after the show...

Actually I was told that it was up slightly longer this year than last BlizzCon. Either way, I'm very sorry you weren't able to see the VODs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/03/2013 10:26 AMPosted by Phenteo
The last Blizzcon in 2011 the VOD were available for a month after the show...

Actually I was told that it was up slightly longer this year than last BlizzCon. Either way, I'm very sorry you weren't able to see the VODs.

Any chance of these ever making it to DVD/Blu-ray for us to purchase after the event? I would really like to pick these up to have in my collection.
Reply Quote
6 Pandaren Monk
Wow, guess I have to read the fine print, didn't even get to watch 1/3rd of it since I've been busy. I figured its Blizzard and VOD meant the videos would just be there whenever, or at least longer than 2 weeks
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I realize that the information said up for two weeks after the event, but I'm not happy about that. I had some time during the weekend to watch Blizzcon and the live streaming was pathetic quality at best. The exact same experience I had 3 years ago. So, life catches up with us and time to watch replays slips away. A few weeks later I've bought a $40 pet is what it comes down to. Blizz, here's my feedback.
1. Fix the live streaming so I can get what I'm paying for. That many people paying that much money, you've got the money to buy the bandwidth needed. You're getting ripped off or your ripping us off. We all deserve a 50% refund.
2. Leave the on demand up for a lot longer. (Which after reading your posts seems to be because of "agreements" with parties. So, your agreements stink.)
This was probably the last year I'm doing the virtual ticket.
Edited by Beefpattiês on 12/8/2013 9:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
I just submitted a support ticket on this because I didn't see this thread. I too was unable to finish watching everything by the cutoff date and did not notice the two-week stipulation in the FAQ.

I understand that these videos cannot be replaced, but I'm EXTREMELY dissatisfied with this result and will rethink my virtual ticket purchase for the next event.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
suggestion for blizzcon goers and virtual ticket holders in future events is have the content available for download or dvd set. 1 disc per stage. from begining to end. that would be somthing alot of people would prob be into i know i would.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
much disappoint.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]