Eventbrite

93 Worgen Warrior
ARE YOU LOOKING INTO THE PROBLEMS CAUSED BY USING EVENTBRITE?

1. A QUEUE THAT DIDN'T WORK.
2. EVENTBRITE DID NOT KICK BACK UNSOLD TICKETS TO THOSE IN QUEUE.
3. THE GLITCH WHERE PEOPLE ARE STILL BUYING TICKETS HOURS LATER BY GOING BACK TO THEIR ORDER PAGE (VIA HISTORY) AND STILL MANAGING TO GET THROUGH AND PURCHASE TICKETS.
4. WILL THESE ISSUES BE FIXED BY THE NEXT SALE DATE?
5. WHERE IS MY MOOSE?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
Yep, I agree Naxt, it was an awful experience this year.

I did it last year and it was done so much better.
Reply Quote
It's luck of the draw. No matter how they handle it not everyone is going to have an amazing experience buying them. Nothing Blizzard can do about that. Get over it and try again Sat.
Reply Quote
You're right that no matter what some people will not have a good experience. However if you compare the systems from the last 3 years to this one the Eventbrite system is far worse.
Reply Quote
05/07/2014 09:06 PMPosted by Zero
You're right that no matter what some people will not have a good experience. However if you compare the systems from the last 3 years to this one the Eventbrite system is far worse.

I think it may come close to the fiasco of BlizzCon 2008. When everything that could go wrong went wrong and Blizz ended up releasing more tickets via an opt in lotto.
Reply Quote
93 Worgen Warrior
I went to Blizzcon last year... Me in my Blackhawks Jersey:
http://us.battle.net/blizzcon/en/media/photos/blizzcon-2013/general?view=general0096
My gripe is that nothing went as they said it was going to, I could care less about whether I go or don't as I have missed out on every Blizzcon up till last year. I want them to admit that Eventbrite failed them, and to never use this service again.
If people are still buying tickets after they are "unavailable" and sold-out... what is going to happen? Is Blizzard going to piss off the 100000 people that just exploited a glitch in Eventbrite's services and managed to purchase tickets after the fact, and will Blizzard cancel their transactions. Or are they just gonna say to hell with it and throw the most over-crowded Blizzcon in history?
Edited by Naxt on 5/7/2014 9:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If people are still buying tickets after they are "unavailable" and sold-out... what is going to happen? I Blizzard going to piss off the 100000 people that just exploited a glitch in Eventbrite's services and managed to purchase tickets after the fact by cancelling their transactions. Or are they just gonna say to hell with it and throw the most over-crowded Blizzcon in history?

That is an excellent question, I believe a possible outcome could be that everyone that purchased tickets will be refunded and another sale date is set. It will piss off those that got tickets, but it will also prevent from having an oversold con since space is limited. Another thing that can be done is tickets sold after x-amount of time will be pulled into a lotto...

or the outcome could be the return of the opt-in lotto system from 08. the down side to that is that tickets were limited to 2 per household.
Reply Quote
93 Worgen Warrior
"Fortune favors the prepared!" !@#$... fortune favored those who got kicked out of the queue and those who showed up late.
Reply Quote
97 Orc Shaman
Unfortunately, the only response you're likely to get is a warning and an infraction "Don't use caps in a thread title" instead of any answers.

But you're right. This years system for ticket purchasing was really crappy.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Edited by Falos on 5/7/2014 10:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
you should be more mad at the ebay folks
Reply Quote
93 Worgen Warrior
I never said I wanted anybody's tickets taken from them. And I never rage quit either... I clicked that !@#$ing F5 button like there was no tomorrow for the same %^-*ing hour. The QUEUE and Eventbrite failed a lot of people. That's what I'm !@#$ing mad about. I could give a %^-* about eBay or scalpers.
Reply Quote
93 Worgen Warrior
Man I love those funny little characters when I curse though!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
05/07/2014 09:48 PMPosted by Naxt
I never said I wanted anybody's tickets taken from them. And I never rage quit either... I clicked that !@#$ing F5 button like there was no tomorrow for the same %^-*ing hour. The QUEUE and Eventbrite failed a lot of people. That's what I'm !@#$ing mad about. I could give a %^-* about eBay or scalpers.

Ironic you don't care about ebay or scalpers when tickets you could have bought are now filling multiple pages on ebay with inflated prices.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
i wasnt talking to you Naxt, i ment to quote Laurindz who was complaining heres what he said...

05/07/2014 09:17 PMPosted by Laurindz
That is an excellent question, I believe a possible outcome could be that everyone that purchased tickets will be refunded and another sale date is set. It will piss off those that got tickets, but it will also prevent from having an oversold con since space is limited. Another thing that can be done is tickets sold after x-amount of time will be pulled into a lotto...

He wants peoples tickets refunded
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
witch i say is not cool, my CC is charged and i have a conformation.
Reply Quote
93 Worgen Warrior
WHY HAVE A !@#$ING QUEUE IF THE QUEUE DON'T %^-*ING QUEUE? I WOULD HAVE GLADLY QUEUED IN !@#$ING QUEUE FOR QUEUE'D TICKETS REQUEUED DUE CREDIT CARDS DECLINED.

I don't know man, all I know is that I don't know anybody that got tickets waiting in queue.

My line in queue should have trumped your clickedly click %^-*ing clicking for an hour.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
me too, i was in the que with in 4s of it coming up so had not got kicked out of the que i woulda got it as well.

blizzard shoulda used their old system and we wouldnt have had the refreash issues
Reply Quote
93 Worgen Warrior
It's like the Eventbrite pushed everyone who showed up first into a corner and said wait here... while they went and sold tickets to everyone who showed up fashionably late.
Reply Quote
93 Worgen Warrior
Using this service made thousands of people's experience unenjoyably effing miserable.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]