Eventbrite

Yeah this was a bit of a nightmare, I stayed up until 3am spammed F5 like a boss (had to hit the order now button twice wasting a second or two) got in the waiting room and got kicked after 10 minutes (by which time through a facebook group and my mate on mumble I realised people who had been previously kicked were now getting back in and buying tickets!) So my issue with this is that it was NOT first come first served as stated by both Blizzard and Eventbrite. Also of course the rise in tickets being sold on ebay this year goes to show that Eventbrite is far too easy for scalpers/bots to manipulate. Poor show blizzard
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
This will be my 8th Blizzcon. I've never seen much of an issue with any of the systems because I've never had a problem in queue. Sure this one has its faults, but the same people that complain about the system year after year would be complaining there's not enough tickets or some other reason if the system were flawless.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Last year there were people complaining that their cards were rejected when they had money- 2011 I remember people complaining about thinking they were kicked out of que by Blizzard's websites.

People just want to complain. I apologize it didn't work out for you but complaining on and on isn't going to do anything.

There is another day to get tickets, and Blizzard already said they were looking into it. That means if there was an issue they will address it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
05/08/2014 12:17 AMPosted by Turiya
Yeah this was a bit of a nightmare, I stayed up until 3am spammed F5 like a boss (had to hit the order now button twice wasting a second or two) got in the waiting room and got kicked after 10 minutes (by which time through a facebook group and my mate on mumble I realised people who had been previously kicked were now getting back in and buying tickets!) So my issue with this is that it was NOT first come first served as stated by both Blizzard and Eventbrite. Also of course the rise in tickets being sold on ebay this year goes to show that Eventbrite is far too easy for scalpers/bots to manipulate. Poor show blizzard

Greetings Kinslaughterer.
Reply Quote
05/08/2014 01:15 AMPosted by Prettygoat
Greetings Kinslaughterer.

+1 first guy to get the name reference :)
Reply Quote
From a Stephen Donaldson book, the chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I wish I had known that you could refresh after getting kicked. My question is though, if someone is patiently waiting in the queue, are they getting screwed over by the system letting others refresh straight to check out? It would seem from many posts, that sitting in queue is unsafe.
Reply Quote
25 Orc Hunter
I think Blizzard did what they thought was best - do not think for a minute they were doing it to cause disruptions or upset people. 30k tickets, MANY people trying to go = people not landing a ticket. Remember folks, nothing works perfectly all the time and people are bound not to get a ticket. I got both of mine after trying relentlessly for 45 minutes of waiting.
Reply Quote
05/08/2014 02:53 AMPosted by Smasharella
Blizzard did what they thought was best -

I wish I could believe this but after this last year I really do wonder what's going on at BlizzHQ between

WoD launch going from "spring to summer" - quote from blizzcon to December

D3 loot fiasco, if you played you understand

Blizzcon eventbrite nightmare.

Blizzard releasing D3 RoS Twitch stream metrics and believing them to not be 95% bots, releasing HotS keys almost exclusively to streamers.

Azeroth Choppers????? I wonder if you could have developed a patch for the game with the resources used making this
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
05/08/2014 01:59 AMPosted by Turiya
+1 first guy to get the name reference :)

Sup.

My hunter was originally Banefire, but when I transferred to Frostmourne it was taken by some poncy inactive male belf abomination.

There's also a Triock on my server and I'm sure I saw someone else on FM with a Chromicles of Thomas Covenant name. I just forget what it was.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Don't blame Blizzard, it's not their fault. They outsourced the job to a company that just did not end up meeting the standards for such a huge event.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
05/08/2014 05:05 AMPosted by Buffaloos
Don't blame Blizzard, it's not their fault. They outsourced the job to a company that just did not end up meeting the standards for such a huge event.

And that is the problem with outsourcing.

There is a reason why Blizzards team is incredible, having to deal with us on a daily basis. Eventbrite, as much as I was being told was mean to take our sheer mass really blew.

I hate that I was so blind when I entered the waiting room. I wasted a couple milliseconds trying to hit order since I didn't see the tiny drop down. The three of us had 4 computers in queue. One lasted 2 minutes, I was in queue for 8, the kindle was like 12 and the last PC was 17 minutes in the waiting room. Our leader was so pissed, then noticed that the button turned green again. I saw it too, but as soon as we hit it we both got knocked out instantly.

I'm just worried because it seems that even though we were waiting for that long, people were queuing in late like 12-15 mins and getting tickets. Defeats the purpose of first come first serve.

I miss the old system, let you know if you were most likely to get tickets or not. I only notice that when I was on optics last year and my guildies were over here that I got to the ticket booth before them, like my place in line advanced a bit faster. At least we knew what the status of the tickets were.
Reply Quote
[quote="126730788445"]

I miss the old system, let you know if you were most likely to get tickets or not. I only notice that when I was on optics last year and my guildies were over here that I got to the ticket booth before them, like my place in line advanced a bit faster. At least we knew what the status of the tickets were.

I liked that about the old system as well. Being able to compare the number of tickets left with my place in line gave me an idea on if I was getting a ticket or not. You could tell pretty easily if you were getting a ticket or not. 100th in queue with 50% of the tickets left, you knew a ticket was yours. 20,000 in queue, well better luck next time.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Right exactly.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
This year wasn't too bad, went straight to the enter information page, skipping the queue. What i found crazy was my friend clicked order 3 seconds after me and got kicked out of queue, yet my tablet which was 10 seconds after him was still in queue for quite some time after he got kicked out of queue.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
05/08/2014 05:36 AMPosted by Zero
[quote]

I liked that about the old system as well. Being able to compare the number of tickets left with my place in line gave me an idea on if I was getting a ticket or not. You could tell pretty easily if you were getting a ticket or not. 100th in queue with 50% of the tickets left, you knew a ticket was yours. 20,000 in queue, well better luck next time.

Right, but it was an experience for everyone, including Blizzard. I am interested in seeing how they will handle the situation.

It really sucks for people who tried to get a ticket the minute they were available, but didn't and then people who queued 10-20 minutes later got a ticket.

I don't think Eventbrite was ready for 40 000+ people queuing at exactly the same time, and they should no longer handle Blizzard events unless they find a way remedy the situation and handle large amount of people queuing at the same time.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
This was the worst queue system ever. Eventbrite is worthless and should not have been used. What was wrong with the Blizzard system. It worked fine the past couple of years. Exactly the way it was supposed to.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BC2014/

More feedback and QQing about how retarded Eventbrite is can be found here. I literally left the page after like 5 minutes when it kicked me out because I assumed oh hey, that was quick, I got rekt. Nope, people could just keep F5ing to their hearts content and occasionally if the stars aligned by some cosmic intervention or using history pages, the button popped up again, you could get tickets. Who cares about queues right.
Reply Quote
I sat in the queue and got tickets just fine. So did my friend. After that, other friends (who were redirected to the home page from the waiting room after tickets were unavailable) were able to grab a ticket or two after the 8 minute timer (presumably) ran out for some people who got in initially.

I can't speak for problems others had. Based solely on my experience, everything went exactly as expected no refreshing required.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Mage
05/07/2014 10:13 PMPosted by Phenteo
I am currently gathering all the feedback from the forums, blog posts and social media posts. And will be sending that to the team.

If you have to resort to social media accounts to determine what happened, I guess that implies Eventbrite is telling you either:
a) nothing happened, or
b) that their monitoring is inadequate to determine what happened
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Our experience, for what it's worth to anyone looking into all this.

We had 6 family computers spread across several states with 5 different IPs, internet speeds, etc., and we were all conferencing and coordinating on Skype. I know we all refreshed at exactly the same time on the exact time (had an app up for the atomic clock). We all got into the queue at the same time a few seconds later. However, I was the only one to go from the queue to the timed purchase screen perhaps 10-15 seconds after that. Even though I had a problem with the credit card, I successfully bought 4 tickets for the family in the allotted time and received a confirmation e-mail at 5 minutes after launch. Meanwhile, the other five pcs remained in the queue while I was purchasing the tickets and they were all kicked from the queue with a message they had sold out just as I was receiving my confirmation e-mail.

Generally, RNG works against me; in this case I just considered this a lucky break.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]