Possible Ticket Solution

90 Undead Warlock
I know the second batch of tickets go on sale this saturday, but should i not be able to get any at all then and decide to go the ebay route, what kinds of things can you guys suggest that i look out for so i don't get scammed?
Edited by Drydock on 5/9/2014 5:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'd suggest giving it a little bit of time before making a ticket purchase though a third party, and I would personally avoid ebay all together (many are scams). As the Con dates get closer, this forum usually gets pretty loaded with individuals attempting to sell their extra tickets at face value after friends/family cancel or unforeseen problems arise. You should have no problem picking them up here from a more reputable source.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Definitely wait to buy your tickets even if you go the eBay route. If you do eBay wait till 30 days or less before the con so that eBay's buyer protection will cover you.

As the poster above me stated, there will be plenty here over time as people's circumstances change or they have buyer's remorse.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
The problem with that is if I wait until 30 days I won't be able to get any tickets because the information for the badges has to be turned in for a certain amount of time and I believe 30days is too late
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
What I would like to know is if I do buy early how can I identify the ticket as a scam ?
Reply Quote
05/09/2014 07:34 AMPosted by Drydock
The problem with that is if I wait until 30 days I won't be able to get any tickets because the information for the badges has to be turned in for a certain amount of time and I believe 30days is too late

If you buy from someone that is attending the con you can go through the name change line and get your name on the badge. I would suggest not buying from ebay at all, but rather from peopleon the forums or in the facebook group.

If you do need to buy from ebay make sure the tickets did not go up before the sale date. (dead giveaway their a scam) Also, Eventbrite has the option to send a confirmation email when the badge details are changed so make sure to get that. Of course there is nothing stopping them from changing it back without you knowing so their is always a risk. Hope this info helps!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Thanks Cerumo i appreciate the answer. I almost bought an ebay ticket but it went on sale on the 7th so lol that would have been bad
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Just my two cent, if they sell tickets below 400, there's very high risk of scam considering the amount they need to paypal and ebay

400 is just the small profit line for them if I do the math right
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I suggest joining the Blizzcon 2014 Facebook page. There are a bunch of helpful people there that are trying to make sure that everyone who wants a ticket, gets a ticket. They'll be face value and will put your name on the ticket in most cases. Most of them are from the Blizzcon 2013 page, and there was no incidents of scamming through the page that I can recall.

I'd trust that more than I'd trust ebay. Good luck on Saturday, though!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Good luck at the 10am sale. You should be OK if you're on the ball with the refresh. As for avoiding scams... #1 thing is to check the seller's feedback (if you're on ebay, say). That can tell you a lot. Anything under 97% positive would make me nervous.
Edited by Carrotboy on 5/10/2014 3:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I also have on on eBay, posted it last night - a friend of mine that was going to go is joining the Air Force and is unsure if he can attend.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
oh! you can contact me at parrjj01#1932
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
I would recommend against buying them on ebay at this point, as there isn't any way to tell the difference between scams and real transactions.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]