35 ticket sales on Ebay... and counting.

91 Night Elf Druid
35 ticket sales on Ebay... and counting.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Lol up to 76 now
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
And most will sell
Reply Quote
97 Troll Hunter
Its not just the amount of vendors though. Some are selling up to 4 tickets.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
One seller was selling 3 pairs of 2 at 1100 a pair and claims he's been doing it for years. So thats 6 tickets right there. Many are selling 4's and 3's and singles with a stack of 4-8. Come. That right there adds up to half the tickets that were made available it seems.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Just did an ebay search : "105 results for blizzcon 2014 "

So scalpers win this round i guess.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
They Always win....sadly i may have to go that route this year should i get shafted again on Saturday. Bad move blizz using event bright...terrible terrible site
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
100 tickets out of the thousands that went on sale........

Sadly, the people complaining probably still wouldnt have gotten tickets, even without scalpers.

And thats just honesty :T

Scalpers really dont hold as many tickets as people cry about. But i guess when you need something to blame......
Reply Quote
The "Most will sell" notion is also pretty faulty.

Several tickets went up on eBay prior to the sale of tickets on Eventbrite. Of the tickets on eBay the odds are there is a large portion that are not legitimate. Of the tickets posted most were posted immediately following the sale. Of the tickets currently on eBay very few even have bids and these are at very desperate values even this early on.

"Most will sell... After being relisted several times" is probably even more accurate.

The search I conducted turned up 147 results.

Of these results 4 were NOT tickets. 5 were listed before the sale on Eventbrite. One enterprising individual was able to secure his ticket on May 1, 2014. Watch out for him because he's clearly awesome at this and will probably sell vast majority of the Blizzcon tickets given his ownership of a Delorean brand TARDIS.

147 - 11 = 136.

So the number is reduced to 136 of which most are single tickets. Even if every last one of those tickets is a legitimate purchase and not a scam they represent 0.5% of total ticket sales.

If someone told me, "I'm going to pay you $27,000 to spend a weekend in LA playing video games but it will cost you 5 cents for me to give you this money I would be throwing my hands in the air because that 5 cents had absolutely ruined the whole experience for me.

To put this in perspective.... The scalpers represent a smaller percentage than the Occupy movement.
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Death Knight
You have a very legitimate point, HOWEVER, Blizzard DID claim that the main reason they were using Event Bright specifically this year was because they would have little to no scalping and could address the issue as it came up... Problem is, as far as I can see, the number of eBay tickets are the same as every other year... So not only did event bright not achieve their intended purpose but their site also (let's just admit it) crashed. I will also say that half of the problem was people that usually go that aren't going this year getting in line for the lols and getting spots then backing out rather than helping out fellow blizzard fans.
This will be my fourth year going; my first year I bought tickets off of eBay and was so grateful when the guy actually showed! It's a risk, one that I personally will never take again. I'd rather sit in teamspeak and give out my cc number to a guild mate. Just saying...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
It's annoying to see scalpers selling tickets. But let's slow the roll a little with some maths. Assuming Blizzard is selling 28000 tickets like someone said in another thread, and assuming that each of the aforementioned 105 scalpers have 3 tickets for sale, that means that a whopping
1.125%
of the tickets got purchased by scalpers. Not all of those scalpers are institutional, meaning that they are just individuals like you and me, that's a pretty small number.
Would I like to see them cut out altogether? Of course. But what's to stop someone like you or me going scumbag and selling on eBay the tickets we got legit?
I'm not too mad about this.
Edited by Duisternis on 5/8/2014 10:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
First, no information is better than bad information. All of your "Maths" is based on made up numbers that you collected from other posts that likely made them up themselves.

At least have some sort of standard deviation based on your 1.125% that you came up with. You could be off by 10% or more just based on the sample.

28,000 tickets... estimated amount
105 scalpers... guesstimated amount
tickets for sale.... unknown

How do you come up with a legitimate percentage based on that. Then have the gall to take it to the thousandths with your decimal point. Actually, it's rather amusing.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Accounting for your 10%, 1.375%
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
91 Night Elf Druid
Nothing is going to stop scalpers from putting up a post on Ebay even if they don't have tickets. The best thing you can do is report them.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Reporting as many as I can. This particular seller "griff" has 3 sets of 2 tickets with each set starting at $900.00.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I've already reach out to our legal team about these ebay listsings. We're in the process of having them taken down.
Reply Quote
95 Orc Shaman
05/08/2014 01:24 PMPosted by Phenteo
've already reach out to our legal team about these ebay listsings. We're in the process of having them taken down.

Is there any way of finding out who bought them and having those tickets put back into the 'pile' for Saturday's purchase? Or are they essentially lost forever?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
05/08/2014 01:31 PMPosted by Kazgrol
Is there any way of finding out who bought them and having those tickets put back into the 'pile' for Saturday's purchase? Or are they essentially lost forever?

If they do, in fact, get a ticket (meaning they didn't just pay into a scam) then there is no way we can tell.
Reply Quote
05/08/2014 01:59 PMPosted by Phenteo
05/08/2014 01:31 PMPosted by Kazgrol

If they do, in fact, get a ticket (meaning they didn't just pay into a scam) then there is no way we can tell.

I read that a bit differently. I thought he was referring to the scalpers. If there was a way to see who bought the tickets from eventbrite to scalp and putting those tickets back in. Taking tickets from scalpers not fans.
Edited by Zero on 5/8/2014 2:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
95 Orc Shaman
05/08/2014 01:59 PMPosted by Phenteo

Sorry. By 'they' I meant the sellers.

If you guys pull 100 tickets off ebay will you guys make an additional 100 available in the next purchase round to replace the 100 tickets that would have been scalped?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]