BlizzCon Ticket Sales - More Information

Community Manager
As a reminder, the second batch of BlizzCon General Admission tickets goes on sale Saturday, May 10 at 10 a.m. PDT. If you're interested in attending, you might want to take a look at our ticket-purchasing info blog to find out what information you'll need to have ready, or read our detailed walkthrough of the process. Remember there is a 4-ticket-per-household limit for General Admission tickets, and a 2-ticket limit for Benefit Dinner tickets.
We also asked Eventbrite to provide some additional details on how their waiting-room system works to help you get a better understanding of what to expect for the upcoming sales—here’s what they had to say:
The waiting room is enabled for high-demand events such as BlizzCon to seamlessly allow the first few thousand ticket buyers to complete their transactions within the registration time window. Keep in mind that being in the waiting room doesn't necessarily mean you’re guaranteed tickets. As ticket buyers complete or abandon transactions, or if they do not complete registration in time, the same number of ticket buyers will be selected from the waiting room for a chance to purchase tickets. If your turn arrives before the initial allotment of tickets has been fully claimed, you will be moved from the waiting room directly into the checkout process.
Those who come to the site after the initial allotment of tickets has been claimed will no longer be allowed in the waiting room. For those who are still in the waiting room after this point, if your requested number of tickets becomes available because other customers abandoned their purchases, you will be moved from the waiting room directly to the checkout process. In some cases, due to a variety of factors the system may attempt to move you from the waiting room to the checkout and realize that the number of tickets you selected is not available at that moment. In that case, you’ll be moved to the event page, but you will still be able to refresh your browser to try to purchase tickets before others who were not in the waiting room, and/or change the number of tickets you’d like to request. If the quantity you requested is now available, you will proceed directly to the checkout process.

It's also worth noting that the default ticket quantity you'll see upon arriving at the page for BlizzCon is zero (0), so you'll need to make a selection before you click Order Now.
Visit the BlizzCon ticket page on Saturday, May 10 at 10 a.m. PDT for a chance to get tickets—good luck!
Edited by Phenteo on 5/29/2014 2:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/09/2014 10:36 AMPosted by Phenteo
In some cases, due to a variety of factors the system may attempt to move you from the waiting room to the checkout and realize that the number of tickets you selected is not available at that moment. In that case, you’ll be moved to the event page, but you will still be able to refresh your browser to try to purchase tickets before others who were not in the waiting room, and/or change the number of tickets you’d like to request. If the quantity you requested is now available, you will proceed directly to the checkout process.

This doesn't fit with my experience of Wednesday night or the experience of many others on the forum/facebook group. I was in the waiting room for 10 minutes and was then kicked back to the event page and was unable to make it to the checkout or waiting room again despite trying until 7.45 during which time many hundreds/thousands of people purchased tickets so this information does not sound accurate
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Odd. It does match my experience. I was refreshing like crazy until the drop down appeared at the opening time. II was placed in the waiting room but was kicked out after 5 minutes or less saying the tickets were unavailable.

At 7:08, I started refreshed again until the dropdown appeared. Sometimes it would only show 1 ticket available, other times up to 4, or just unavailable. I kept refreshing and selecting 2 until it took me to the checkout page after quite a few tries.
Reply Quote
I had the exact same experience but without ever making it to the checkout. Was kicked out at about 7.10 and had various availabilities of tickets to select, kept selecting 2 or 1 if that was the only choice, refreshing and this went on until it said sold out. If Eventbrite's version of events above was accurate then no one who missed the initial purchase/waiting room would have been able to buy a ticket unless everyone in the waiting room had done so and that's not what happened.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
05/09/2014 11:22 AMPosted by Turiya

This doesn't fit with my experience of Wednesday night or the experience of many others on the forum/facebook group. I was in the waiting room for 10 minutes and was then kicked back to the event page and was unable to make it to the checkout or waiting room again despite trying until 7.45 during which time many hundreds/thousands of people purchased tickets so this information does not sound accurate

When placed from the waiting room back to the main purchase page, where it said tickets were unavailable, did you refresh the page? (Sometimes it will take several refreshes until some tickets have been made available again.)
Reply Quote
In some cases, due to a variety of factors the system may attempt to move you from the waiting room to the checkout and realize that the number of tickets you selected is not available at that moment. In that case, you’ll be moved to the event page, but you will still be able to refresh your browser to try to purchase tickets before others who were not in the waiting room, and/or change the number of tickets you’d like to request. If the quantity you requested is now available, you will proceed directly to the checkout process.

Agree Turiya. I was kicked out from the watingroom after like 5 min and the site told me all tickets was sold. And some ppl that went to the page like 5-10 min later than me got tickets.
Reply Quote
Yeah I was refreshing after each kick-back to the event page, my buddy who was on teamspeak with me was doing exactly the same and he was also in the initial waiting room, although he got kicked out slightly earlier than I did. The problem is that Eventbrite are still saying this is a first-come first served system which it clearly wasn't as people who missed the initial waiting room got tickets even while some were still in the waiting room...
Reply Quote
05/09/2014 11:31 AMPosted by Phenteo

When placed from the waiting room back to the main purchase page, where it said tickets were unavailable, did you refresh the page? (Sometimes it will take several refreshes until some tickets have been made available again.)

To bad this info was not in blizzards info posts before the sell of first batch :(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Basically, the system sucks in that it kicks you out of the waiting room thinking it has tickets for you, and when it sees "woops nope" it doesn't stick you back in the waiting room (in the same place) like it should. If you want any chance at tickets you have to manually refresh, and a lot of people didn't know that and missed out.

The site is poorly coded with its waiting room page, instead of having you in a waiting list that just pops up on any page when it's ready for you. Amazon has a "waiting list" for their gold box deals, especially during black friday. It puts you on the list for the item, and you can keep browsing. As far as I remember, you don't even have to refresh the page, it will just pop up and tell you when one has become available for you, and you have a certain amount of time to claim it.

Also not knowing what place in line you are is annoying.

I did get my 2 tickets, but I feel bad for others who had difficulties.
Edited by Kirke on 5/9/2014 11:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm sorry, but it told me tickets were "unavailable", I took that to mean "sold out." There was absolutely no indication that I could in anyway get my place back in line, so I closed my browser.

Can you please clarify this, I just want to make sure I do the right thing Tomorrow:

- If I'm in the waiting room and I get redirected to the first ticket screen with a big orange message at the top saying tickets are unavailable, I should hit the reload button on my browser?

- Do not hit the back button (as people were indicating on Wednesday)?

- This is the same regardless of your browser choice or operating system?

- When I hit the reload button, will I go back to the Waiting Room directly? Or will i have to keep hitting the reload button until the drop-down menu that lets you select the amount of tickets you want shows back up again?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
Community Manager
05/09/2014 11:43 AMPosted by Mightbegiant
I'm sorry, but it told me tickets were "unavailable", I took that to mean "sold out." There was absolutely no indication that I could in anyway get my place back in line, so I closed my browser.

Can you please clarify this, I just want to make sure I do the right thing Tomorrow:

- If I'm in the waiting room and I get redirected to the first ticket screen with a big orange message at the top saying tickets are unavailable, I should hit the reload button on my browser?

- Do not hit the back button (as people were indicating on Wednesday)?

- This is the same regardless of your browser choice or operating system?

- When I hit the reload button, will I go back to the Waiting Room directly? Or will i have to keep hitting the reload button until the drop-down menu that lets you select the amount of tickets you want shows back up again?

Thanks!

As was explained to us by Eventbrite, if you're in the waiting room and tickets are unavailable for your order amount when it's your turn to purchase, you're sent to the events page to re-select quantity. You will need to refresh the page till it becomes available again. If tickets become available, you will go directly to the checkout process.
Reply Quote
05/09/2014 11:31 AMPosted by Phenteo

Me and my friends had the same experience as the quoted poster described. Got in the waiting room right at 10 EST and kicked out shortly later (10:02/10:03). At the top of the event page their would be an orange banner saying that currently there are no more tickets available and no drop down to select tickets. At least once every two minutes the ticket selection menu would re appear after constantly refreshing the page. We selected the correct ticket number and hit Order Now. Every time we would be kicked back to the event with the same banner.
It felt like once we got in this loop we were fighting against other people to get back into the waiting room or the order page.

05/09/2014 11:49 AMPosted by Phenteo
As was explained to us by Eventbrite, if you're in the waiting room and tickets are unavailable for your order amount when it's your turn to purchase, you're sent to the events page to re-select quantity. You will need to refresh the page till it becomes available again. If tickets become available, you will go directly to the checkout process.

If this is true that annoys me even more. It means that we were close to the front of the queue since we got kicked at 10:02. It also tells me that even though we arrived first we were beat out by people showing up more than 10 minutes later because the queue isn't a real queue.
Edited by Battledragon on 5/9/2014 11:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/09/2014 11:49 AMPosted by Phenteo

This just feel realy stupid, if it is my turn to buy the site shall w8 untill it has the amout i want.
Now the site kicks me from the watingroom...
Reply Quote
So you mean by refreshing the page after being kicked out in less than 5min I may have been able to get my 2 tickets?
That's an extremely poorly designed system! Nothing was telling you to refresh after being kicked out, just a red message translated in your mind by "Well sucks to be you!"
Especially after watching the waiting room spinning thingy telling you NOT to refresh the webpage just before.

No idea of how many people in front of you, ETR, oh and of course not even dancing murlocs / game... But well will still try to get tickets saturday.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
In some cases, due to a variety of factors the system may attempt to move you from the waiting room to the checkout and realize that the number of tickets you selected is not available at that moment.

Is there any chance of getting a list of these "factors" to see if there are any that we can control, like any slight bias toward a specific browser or mobile app?

Or do you think "due to a variety of factors" is just there fancy way of saying "it broke and we don't know why"?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
In my group of 12 that was on Ventrilo, I was the first into the waiting room. Most of them were kicked out before me. I was kicked out quite late. Luckily, we did hit refresh. Many, many times we clicked refresh and people started to get one ticket each. At about 10:40 (7:40 PST), I was finally able to get two tickets (I wanted 4). If I was first into the waiting room and 8 other people were able to get single tickets before I could get any, it just doesn't seem like the process worked at all as described. Moreover, people who logged onto the site well after the starting time, were able to purchase tickets before me as well.

Please consider a different provider for the future.
Reply Quote
05/09/2014 11:59 AMPosted by Boraicho
Or do you think "due to a variety of factors" is just there fancy way of saying "it broke and we don't know why"?

This^^

In that case, you’ll be moved to the event page, but you will still be able to refresh your browser to try to purchase tickets before others who were not in the waiting room

This is the blatantly inaccurate part that annoys me. Many people were kicked from the waiting room and did exactly what eventbrite suggest above (refresh and select more tickets for the next half hour- 45 mins) and didn't get any while people who missed the initial waiting room were able to purchase them... So this information is clearly not true. So either Eventbrite's system is broken or they told Blizz that it worked in a different way from what it actually does, because the system described is not the system we encountered
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Not using Blizzard's own system has to be the dumbest thing imaginable. Why you went with Eventbrite is beyond me.
Reply Quote
And we thought Blizzards ticketing system was bad! Eventbrite is horrible considering this is all their company does :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]