BlizzCon 2014 Costume Contest Rules

So I signed up for the contest, and I got an email back that has all the info I submitted. Nothing else is written on it I'm curious if this is a confirmation of being a contestant or if those will be sent out later. Thanks for the help!
Reply Quote
Community Manager
06/22/2014 08:12 PMPosted by Boraicho
Thank you for providing such detailed clarifications on the rules.

In your first post, you highlighted the section of the rules I have a question about, the contestants age. My grandson lives in California and will be going with me to our fourth Blizzcon this year.

He is 16 and wants to enter the costume contest, the way I read the highlighted section above is that he can, provided;

05/20/2014 06:49 PMPosted by Daxxarri
one of your parents or legal guardians must submit a signed, written statement that they have read, understood and agree to these Contest rules with your entry, and that such agreement constitutes acceptance of these Contest rules on behalf of you and themselves.

My question is how is this handled? I tried filling out the entry form, thinking if I did not check the "over 18", there would be some additional conditions attached, but I simply can't complete the form without checking that box.

Any suggestions?

Go ahead and enter your birth date to access the application, and then fill in the information for him. Since you're the guardian, checking off that you are over 18 is fine. Just be sure to make a note that you're the grandfather of the contestant and include his birth date (in the costume description field). If he makes it into the 100 or Wish List, we'll reach out to you about the signed document we'll need. The other option is to create a PDF of the application that shows your signature at the bottom acknowledging the rules. If you're able to do that, you can email the document to BlizzConContest@blizzard.com.

06/22/2014 08:35 PMPosted by NeoKitti
So I signed up for the contest, and I got an email back that has all the info I submitted. Nothing else is written on it I'm curious if this is a confirmation of being a contestant or if those will be sent out later. Thanks for the help!

The Subject line of the email should say, "Blizzcon Contest Submission Received - BlizzCon 2014 Costume Contest" which means you've successfully submitted your application. Confirmations for those who make the 100 or Wish List will be going out after the sign-up period has ended. =)
Reply Quote
Mistakes were made. I thought I saw 8ft max width when I signed up. I have modified my costume to where it will meet the size requirement but in my initial application, I put in a wider length. Where can I change this?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
07/07/2014 03:19 PMPosted by Myk
Mistakes were made. I thought I saw 8ft max width when I signed up. I have modified my costume to where it will meet the size requirement but in my initial application, I put in a wider length. Where can I change this?

Once sign-ups end and we have our 100 and Wait Lists, we'll reach out to everyone via email at which time they can provide corrections to their applications.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Other than the costume contests, fans that want to show there expression of what they have made based on their favorite character will they follow the same rules as the costume contest to enter the convention? If so will wood axe guitars with non sharp edges be allowed?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
08/18/2014 10:22 PMPosted by Udderjudgmnt
Other than the costume contests, fans that want to show there expression of what they have made based on their favorite character will they follow the same rules as the costume contest to enter the convention? If so will wood axe guitars with non sharp edges be allowed?

Security will likely have a concern if your weapon can still be used as a blunt-object. =/

My recommendation would be to create your weapon using benign materials that will not pose any threat to the other attendees.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]