WoW in concert!

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I have watched Blizzcon streaming for the past years and I really enjoyed the event. However, something I would REALLY like to see in a Blizzcon event (or any other Blizzard special event) would be a live symphonic concert with some pieces from WoW's different soundtracks.

I bet all of you have some personal favorite music from WoW.
Some of the ones I'd love to see in a live concert would be: Orgrimmar music from Cata, Hozen themes and Inn music from MoP, Icecrown music and oh please Karazhan music!!!

and it doesn't even have to be just WoW music, you guys can include music from Starcraft and Diablo (I only play wow so I dunno about their music).. so it oculd be liek a Blizzard in concert or something like that..lol

anyways, anyone there who would like this? What is your favorite in-game music and which ones would you like to hear in a concert??
Reply Quote
Sholazar Basin and Grizzly Hills!

Maybe not a concert, but just a panel where attenders can come and ask some musicians to play a specific region music or somethin' like that! :)
Edited by Saphir on 2/19/2013 12:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah that's actually a cool idea. The music of WoW brings back a lot of memories.... the countless hours of mining in Icecrown, the music of various raids, it's part of one's life. I'd like the idea of asking a musician to play a specific region during Blizzcon someday. Having attended the Hollywood Bowl - tha'd be cool to see.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
A symphony would be simply beautiful, I went to Cali before just for the Legend of Zelda symphony. Video game music beautifully covered brings cow tears to my eyes.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
VG live would be really cool to see on the main stage, but I don't know if the venue is designed for an orchestra.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I'd definitely be down for this. Would love to hear symphonic renditions of the zone music for the Storm Peaks, Grizzly Hills, Kun-Lai Summit, and Ulduar especially.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
For Blizzcon 2007 and 2008, Video Games Live performed Blizzard music. It was cool, but it's been done. It's possible Bliz *may* consider VGL again, since it's been 5 years, but probably highly unlikely.

It was super awesome to see "Lament of the Highbourne" performed live. We enjoyed the show so much that when VGL toured by us, we went.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I'd like to hear Defenders of Azeroth performed live.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hope Blizzard considers this again. I'm sure WoW has added a lot of new players including myself) since 2008, besides with some awesome soundtracks released with Cata and MoP, it's worth the try!!!
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
I would -adore- hearing a symphonic piece live of the WoW music. Some of the area songs are so stunningly beautiful and especially underrated as many people play with music turned off *eyes boyfriend*
Reply Quote
HAHAHA! Video Games Live said they would never return to Blizzcon due to the enormous amount of heckling they received at both 07 and 08. Mostly brought upon two components.

The first year was amazing! They played in the arena dome next door it sounded great. However this was the first year Jay Mohr hosted and well... He was horrible. He did a set while they were prepping and he got heckled so bad he had to just leave the stage. This persisted through the entire night, even through Lament of the Highbourne. A few shouting matches actually started.

The second year in 08 they did a lot of the Wrath songs including one from Grizzly Hills. The night was going good and they were doing well with no issues. However some guy wanted to be pretenious and play the same Grizzly Hills song, which wasn't very good to begin with, AGAIN but this time with wood wind instruments. Well at first people thought they just forgot and were screaming "THIS IS THE SAME SONG!" then realizing it was a reprisal they just started to heckle.

Needless to say next year featured Ozzy Osbourne. Which by the way had it's own controversy! As Ozzy Osbourne played his awesome !@#$ there was a huge Islamic Mass going on RIGHT NEXT DOOR! You could hear Ozzy from outside the convention itself. Imagine what it was like for the people just next door! As everyone was leaving the convention center you could see all these Muslims in white robes just %^-*ing scowling, one of the best nights of my life. XD
Reply Quote
I was in the Ozzy concert Blizzcon, and had a great time. Didn't know about the Islamic Mass next door though. That's quite humorous.

I've recently started to listen to symphonic rock like Nightwish, Blackmore's Night, Trans-Syberian Orchestra, Within Temptation, and Epica to name a few. By no means do I expect them to play at Blizzcon, but I'm enjoying this type of music now more than ever. It will be interesting to see what they pick this year.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
I attended 2008 and I don't recall the heckling but the event was pretty amazing. Anyway, VGL is already booked for Proctors Hall in NY on the 8th.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]