Horray Blizzcon! (LFM for blizzcon)

Starting this thread early this year for those that might be going solo this year or just want a big party!

Email me @ omnomnomnom01 at gmail.com :D
Edited by Omnomnomnom on 10/28/2013 2:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
really tempted to try and make it this year, all really depends on wether I can snag tickets, so excited!
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
Stuck in Australia without any money! Guess it's the live stream again for me.
There not spelling mistakes, Im speaking 'Ye Old English'
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Blood Elf Monk
I'll make a poster that reads "I <3 NARU" for you Narull <3
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
hey there omnom hope to run into you at blizzcon again and i wonder if the friend of yours will be in her spirit healer costume or a new one for this years con
Edited by Demastonic on 2/19/2013 12:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'll be there, not sure about the others, but hey.. blizzcon is all about meeting new people right? :P
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
i think im gonna try to attend this year and get funky. hit me up for the super secret special fun time, if you know what i mean. dont look at me weird bro.
Reply Quote
It's gonna be my first one! I'm so happy!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Hey omnom! I remember you! And I never got that kitty picture on a napkin that one guy promised me =/ so you are planning on going again too huh? Well so am I! Already requested the days off from work!
Reply Quote
02/19/2013 01:58 PMPosted by Cherub
Hey omnom! I remember you! And I never got that kitty picture on a napkin that one guy promised me =/ so you are planning on going again too huh? Well so am I! Already requested the days off from work!

Thats because you never texted me and caught up with me, you were too busy dance contesting :p
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I want to be there. I went in 2011 for the first time and I loved it. Except for the part where I developed a really bad migraine at the end of the second day so left the concert early and crashed missing all the end of day stuff but this year I will be prepared. Well more prepared then illidan.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
First time going, haven't decided either to fly solo or room with some friends I've met from streaming.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
I am definitely going! First timer here, and super excited about it!! Would love to meet some new people there, sadly only IRL person I know that plays wow is Cdew, so I am questing solo.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
02/19/2013 02:47 PMPosted by Shamown
I am definitely going! First timer here, and super excited about it!! Would love to meet some new people there, sadly only IRL person I know that plays wow is Cdew, so I am questing solo.

Cdew won't take you under his wing? I'm sure he would be a blast to hang with for that weekend!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Speaking of texting, I lost Mai phone... But I have the same number! So txt me so I can readd you to Mai contact. Also about the dance contest =P there is a picture of me in the photo album on here! But you owe me a kitty picture on a napkin... Lol
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
making plans to go just hope i can catch the ticket sell in time to get my hands on 2 for me and my wife it will be our first blizcon.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Hey Omnomnom! Thanks again for my first In-and-Out experience!

As usual, I have some guildies planning on going to Blizzcon but I'm crossing my fingers this year my husband will actually be able to come with me!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Always fun friendly people to meet up with at Blizzcon, unless you are try to get seats, then someone may cut you!!
Reply Quote
For those of you who haven't been to Blizzcon before, (especially if you play wow) there are realm meetups and these are one of the most exciting parts I look forward to every year. Many people you will meet in line or in random crowds are pretty friendly. If you're alone don't be afraid to chat it up with some people who are idling around resting on the corners from the day's festivities or whatnot.

I can attest to my experience of how awesome BlizzCon is. 2011 was my 4th year in attendance, I wasn't planning on this but I met the love of my life, a fellow solo attendee, at the benefit dinner. It was his first BlizzCon. I came as a group that weekend and casually invited him to come join along with us. We have never known each other at all before this. (not even realid/in-game etc...)

Rest was history. We got married a year later (2012). Many of our date evenings were spent competing against each other on DPS in LFR's. We plan on attending again this year.

I can say that every year I've attended had it's own distinct flavor outside of the official festivities and it's definitely worth remembering these unforgettable nerdy memories :3
Edited by lasarabande on 2/20/2013 2:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
From what I recall - in terms of using phones and wifi at the convention center, signal/coverage (respectively) is super limited. It was really hard to keep in touch with people through phones and texting inside the building :(

Wifi is super expensive in the exhibit halls and is generally most marketable to vendors/clients (in this case, Blizzard and little Blizzcon vendor shops). I may be wrong now since things *may* have changed since then though especially with more people using smartphones.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]