Jonathan Coulton for a musical act?

90 Draenei Death Knight
Can we make this happen? Please?
They could even play the Spiffworld videos on the monitors while he plays. I think that would be incredible.
Reply Quote
Had to Google him to even figure out who you were talking about, although it seems I had at least heard a song or three of his before. NOT going to happen as the main musical act, IMO, as I don't see him appealing to nor being able to play to a 50-60k strong crowd, even though yes, he has had gaming-related songs. Prior acts have been Ozzy, Tenacious D, and the Foo Fighters, all of which have experience playing to crowds that large and are able to work them well. He would be great as one of the other acts playing during the closing portion of the event, like The Chieftains have several years in the past. I've stayed through to the end of every musical act, even when Ozzy had that rough start with the serious A/V issues on the screens. Not sure I would bother to stick around in the main event hall for this guy, I would most likely go back and get in more gaming at the stations set-up to demo what's new.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Wait Someone had to Google, Jonathan Coulton?
Welcome to fandom my friend, I honestly thought anyone who would be interested in cons, would have an idea who he is.

Have Coulton but have etc open on friday night with ETC. save the main stage for Saturday.
Edited by Beite on 2/21/2013 10:35 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]