2013 Unofficial Blizzcon Survival Guide

90 Human Paladin
You mention bring in food, they aren't allowing that this year.

Prohibited Items: Outside food and beverages; desktop computers; laptops; electronic storage devices; edged weapons (such as knives, daggers, or swords for costumes), actual clubs, maces, or other crushing weapons; projectile weapons, even if unloaded or nonfunctional (including air guns, longbows, crossbows, etc.), alcohol, fireworks, glass bottles, cans, large containers.
http://us.battle.net/blizzcon/en/event-info/about-blizzcon/event-restrictions
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
They can't deny someone with medical needs. It's discrimination.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Man, I love this guide! Thank you so much for taking the time to put it all together. I am taking many of your suggestions, but feel that in doing so I have come across a predicament. I am taking a shuttle around 1pm on thursday to my hotel (right by the convention center). I would like to pick up my tickets on that Thursday, but I am also going to the Medieval Times dinner show at 7:00PM. How would you suggest I get around from the Convention Center to Medieval Times?
One person mentioned ART, which sounds great since it has a direct line, but if I am understanding their schedule correctly, it only shows up on the even hours. (4:34/6:34). 4:34 seems like it would be too early, since the line would probably take longer than 30 minutes, and 6:34 is too late since the show starts at 7:00.
Any suggestions? Thanks!

Using this route 18 schedule http://www.rideart.org/schedules/route-18/
I would hop on the Northbound bus at the Convention Center Grand Plaza at around 5:07 or 6:07 (it looks like it is on the right of the convention center and it should get you to the Knotts Berry dropoff around 5:30 or 6:30 if you take the later one.
Edited by Katherinn on 10/29/2013 4:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
As per the rules, yes you are not suppose to bring food in; I have not had a problem with a few small items stashed away - hard candy and a small thing of snacks - just don't plan on bringing in a cooler with sandwiches...

FULL water bottles do get stopped, so bring an empty one in - something that had water in it and a cap you can unscrew. Then fill it up once you get inside.
Reply Quote
Great info BTW! Helped a lot.

Anyone know if the DRANK stands will be around for this years con?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
but what if my backpack is 20x13 will I be told not to bring it with me? cause I am not going to carry items in arms all day while I am there.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Winterlordx: I do not think the security will take your bag and measure it; I think they are looking for very large bags, luggage, and climbing backpacks, etc. If your bag is a couple inches larger than normal, then I honestly don't think it should be a problem. If you want to be safe, take two smaller bags - one for a set of items and the other for different items. Nothing says you are limited to the number of bags you can take in, just the size...

I have a camera sling and a messenger bag/backpack that I take in; no problems getting in and this will be #4 Bcon for me.

What goes in said bag?
* water bottle
* sweater/jacket
* Handouts and quest items for the con
* extra cell battery
* A few snacks

I usually take the items that the rest of my group doesn't want to hold all day and deal it out at the hotel after dinner or when we get back for the night.

Note that the goodie bag will be given when you pick up your tickets, so if you happen to get them on Thursday, then you dont have to carry those items around all day on Friday. ;)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
When will the live feed start, now that I bought my Blizcon ticket how do I access it all ?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Do the doors open before 10AM?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]