Cosplay plans and goals

90 Night Elf Priest
So what's everyone's cosplay plans or goals for this years blizzcon?

I was initially planning to do a protoss zealot for my costume, however due to me gaining a full time position at work on a 4 on 1 off roster, I won't have the time.
so instead, I'll be doing Highlord Tirion Fordring this year. (and hopefully enter the costume competition for the first time too.)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
well hope you have fun doing it it is fun up there i did it back in 10 as a voidwrath and i only had to buy some witch gloves and black nail polish from the 99 cent store but hope you make it to the finals
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I plan on dressing up (i sorta kinda did in 2011) but won't be entering the competition. Good luck to you!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
02/26/2013 07:44 PMPosted by Mysticat
I plan on dressing up (i sorta kinda did in 2011) but won't be entering the competition. Good luck to you!

i did same in 11 with being in contest in 10 might do the same this year with making a fist weapon to carry around
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't know if I'll have time to make anything but I would really like to go as a demon hunter from diablo 3
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Probably going in DK gear for this year. :D
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'll be going as Night Elf Druid T11 (my transmogged druid!). Not entering the contest, way too chicken to stand on stage in front of thousands of eyes....but best wishes to all those brave enough to try and good luck to everyone, hope to see you there! :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Boyfriend and I are thinking of doing a Tier 5 Warlock and Succubus.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Wow guys these costumes all sound really great! My first blizzcon was last year and for those of you who did Cosplay I just have to say thank you. It was AWESOME! Also, I probably have pictures of you haha.
I have been inspired to cosplay as my favorite blizzard character of all time.
WC3 Blademaster!
This will be my first cosplay so I am sure it won't be nearly good enough to enter the competition haha.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
One of these years I'm going to get knocked up on a specific timeline solely so I can dress up as Therazane the Stonemother.
Reply Quote
Wow guys these costumes all sound really great! My first blizzcon was last year and for those of you who did Cosplay I just have to say thank you. It was AWESOME! Also, I probably have pictures of you haha.
I have been inspired to cosplay as my favorite blizzard character of all time.
WC3 Blademaster!
This will be my first cosplay so I am sure it won't be nearly good enough to enter the competition haha.

Just because it is your first time doesn't mean it won't be good! Start a thread when you begin working on your costume and ask for pointers and such. Sounds pretty cool to me, especially since the majority of people who dress up for the con go with something from one of the new expansions or from D3 - would be cool to see more from one of the older games.

As far as the newer games are concerned, I think it would be funny to see someone dress up as a teddy bear from Whimsyshire with a sign on a pole displaying the loading screen that says at the bottom "There is no cow level."
Edited by egowins on 3/17/2013 2:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I was wondering if my cosplay has to be blizzard-inspired.

Could I just show up as Sephiroth and have a fun time?
Reply Quote
Planning on going as Jaina as it'll be my first time Cosplaying - have no idea where to start though!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I hear ya!! I REALLY want to go as Tyrande Whisperwind..but have NO clue how to start...and im pretty shy. Not sure if I want all the extra attention. I went to the last Blizzcon, and it was SO awesome seeing all the costumes. : )
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
@Lunarielle
Let me know dear if you want help with your costume! I'm currently working on finishing up the gems and the LED's for mine, and would be happy to help with costume questions while it's all still fresh in my mind! Even the simple things! And whether your unsure if you want to dress up or not? DO IT!!! BlizzCon is a once in a lifetime experience, so if your going, make sure you make the most of your fun! For me, making my costume has been sometimes frustrating and stressful (not to mention costly! *shakes fist at Michael's store*) but it is absolutely worth the time and effort!! Especially when you finish it and put the whole ensemble on for the first time and look at yourself in the mirror. It's an awesome feeling. As for if you'll have time? I work 12 hours a day and every day for an hour or two I work a bit more on it. Slowly, ever so slowly, it's finally coming together! If you start early enough, and plan ahead of time, you can definitely finish the costume piece, even a complicated one if you keep at it!

Good luck to all of you costume makers and I very much look forward to hearing about your works and seeing you at the con! :)
Edited by Verhysa on 3/20/2013 11:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
82 Night Elf Hunter
Hey guys! I'm keeping it simple this year and just doing a level one undead warlock :)

Also I made a thread for this but will post it here too! We have a cosplay group that has been in place for a few years now feel free to come on over!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/210233372327722/
Reply Quote
@Lunarielle
Let me know dear if you want help with your costume! I'm currently working on finishing up the gems and the LED's for mine, and would be happy to help with costume questions while it's all still fresh in my mind! Even the simple things! And whether your unsure if you want to dress up or not? DO IT!!! BlizzCon is a once in a lifetime experience, so if your going, make sure you make the most of your fun! For me, making my costume has been sometimes frustrating and stressful (not to mention costly! *shakes fist at Michael's store*) but it is absolutely worth the time and effort!! Especially when you finish it and put the whole ensemble on for the first time and look at yourself in the mirror. It's an awesome feeling. As for if you'll have time? I work 12 hours a day and every day for an hour or two I work a bit more on it. Slowly, ever so slowly, it's finally coming together! If you start early enough, and plan ahead of time, you can definitely finish the costume piece, even a complicated one if you keep at it!

Good luck to all of you costume makers and I very much look forward to hearing about your works and seeing you at the con! :)

Awesome :) do you have Skype or anything (I'm actually from the EU so can't really whisper you ingame - I guess if you have D3 you could add me on that!)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]