Blizzcon Bags

90 Troll Druid
So i seen that the size you can bring into the con can only be 10x20 so they really push for this or can a normal bag work or would something like this work

us.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=1100001514
Reply Quote
MVP
Honestly, I'm not entirely sure, but you're not allowed to bring in a laptop, I do know that much, :X.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Soul,

I have used a similar messenger bag but not of blizzard origin and have never had an issue getting in.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Will Blizzard also do the Direct TV events for the murloc pets? I live in the mid-east and I doubt I can be able to get there....
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
when i was talking to the tech from the blizzard company i was told ti was ok to bring a laptop
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
02/27/2013 09:09 PMPosted by Jorson
when i was talking to the tech from the blizzard company i was told ti was ok to bring a laptop

The rules have always been no laptops and no thumb drives. Why? Because you have idiots who try and steal source code and other confidential information from major events like this.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
I can't say whether they push it, but I'd guess if you brought something in that was *obviously* over the limit they would ding you on it. If it's like, 1" over or something maybe they wouldn't notice, I dunno. I don't know if they'd stop that Starcraft bag or not though - it's semi-close but it is over the size limit.

This was the bag I used last time:
http://www.target.com/p/swissgear-vertical-travel-bag-black-grey/-/A-11149392#?lnk=sc_qi_detaillink

It's fantastic - it has a TON of pockets to put stuff in and it holds a LOT. And of course it's within the dimensions :P
Edited by Melynda on 2/28/2013 6:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
02/28/2013 03:26 AMPosted by Moodey
The rules have always been no laptops and no thumb drives. Why? Because you have idiots who try and steal source code and other confidential information from major events like this.

I imagine the laptop rule is more for your own protection than anything else. If they are bringing source code and confidential material to blizzcon, then they have serious infosec issues. They can't really do anything about thumb drives. People carry them all the time and they can't be policed without personal rights infringement and breaking the law. If the workstations are locked down, usb sticks are rendered useless, another infosec issue.
Edited by Nirgáli on 2/28/2013 10:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
The Blizzard messenger bags are fine, I brought the one I bought at the '10 Blizzcon into the '11 Blizzcon, and had no issues getting in. Like others have said, no laptops or thumb drives, although tablets are fine.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]