SPECULATION: Announcements

100 Troll Shaman
I foresee Blizzard announcing another expansion for WoW! And based off of the near ending in D3, I see an expansion for that as well. As for the unannounced game title... I think it might be announced this BlizzCon, since on the timeline for Blizzard's games and projects, it is set to launch in 2015...

And comments or thoughts on this?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
That seems to be the agreement for most people I've talked to

-WoW Expansion
-D3 Expansion
-PS3/PS4 Diablo 3 demos/Videos
-Titan reveal (kinda like how Destiny was just revealed)
-They'll talk about Legacy of the Void
-also I'm hoping maybe they have a trailer or some news on the Warcraft Movie, seeing as how they just announced a director.

Gonna be a big one this year!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

-WoW Expansion
-D3 Expansion
-also I'm hoping maybe they have a trailer or some news on the Warcraft Movie, seeing as how they just announced a director.

All of this!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage

-WoW Expansion
-D3 Expansion

When was MoP Announced? Like how far into Cata were we? Seems kinda early to already announce another WoW Exp no?
Reply Quote
I think you will always see something from the 3 main IP's.

WoW expansions do tend to have 2 year announcements, so as MoP was 2011 I think it's a given that their news will be the next exp.
D3 could possibly have news of their exp too, as the game will have been out for almost a year and a half by then.
SC2 I'm not sure though. Heart of the swarm will still be very new by then, I don't know that they will want to be glossing over that to tell us about the next exp. But I doubt they would have anything new to tell us about HoTS.

Movie news hopefully. Just hope it's not another false start, shame about Raimi.

And Titan............. I still feel it's a fair few years off, and although I would absolutely love all the new info there could be, I just don't see it. Not after all the bad reactions to the D3 development pace (understandable or not, it was still bad PR).
Reply Quote

-WoW Expansion
-D3 Expansion

I'm guessing all of those except Legacy of the Void. HotS is just now coming out, so they will wait til next year for info on it. IF they do give info, it might be a 30 second cinematic teaser.

Also, because they just picked a director, WC movie info will in my guess be limited other than basic plot. After the Ghost incident(Yes that's how I'm referring to SC:Ghost), and now somewhat D3 being changed drastically from what it started as, they are probably keeping things low profile until they are further along.
Reply Quote
Blizz said that they'll be announcing a new game at PAX East saying: " "It's not a sequel, expansion or that rumored next-gen MMO, but it's something we're excited for you to get your hands on." So I'd guess there's gonna be a good bit of info on that game as it will likely be their new baby for the next couple years.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
03/07/2013 11:14 PMPosted by Malcontentus
Blizz said that they'll be announcing a new game at PAX East saying

I'm sure that will be Blizzard All-stars.

At Blizzcon I'm guessing Titan, WoW expansion and a free D3 expansion as the major announcements with some SC2 info. It'll probably be too early for a movie trailer but they might do a behind-the-scenes thing.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman

-WoW Expansion
-D3 Expansion

When was MoP Announced? Like how far into Cata were we? Seems kinda early to already announce another WoW Exp no?

Mists of Pandaria was announced on October 21st, 2011. roughly 1 year after Cataclysm's launch. Should they announce another WoW expansion in November, it'll be just about a year and 2 months into Mists of Pandaria.

Based on the past 2 expansions (Give or take the other 2) expansions are getting shorter, and content is being rushed. This was even said by Mike himself. A normal expansions runs about 2 years now, no more, no less.

Hope that explains it! :D!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]