90 Human Death Knight
I'm 17 and my mom wants to drop me off at Blizzcon but I don't know if I need someone to go in with me in order for me go in.
Thanks.
Edited by Hadgard on 2/21/2013 5:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
I want to say that you'll be able to go without her and that anyone under 14 may go without parental guidance. It looks like the FAQ/Rules are gone from the site though, so I can't really cite them, but I'm 99% sure you'll be fine.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Don't think so. One of my friends was under 18 last year and was able to get in without a chaperon.
Reply Quote
02/21/2013 06:22 PMPosted by Araceli
Don't think so. One of my friends was under 18 last year and was able to get in without a chaperon.

That's odd, this is certainly not the case. As I said, I thought it was 14, turns out, I was wrong as well, it's 12. I pulled this from the 2011 site via Archive.org:

Attendee Age Restriction
Some content at BlizzCon may not be suitable for children. Anyone 12 years of age or under must be accompanied by an adult. Absolutely no children 5 years of age or under will be permitted to enter. No strollers will be allowed in the Anaheim Convention Center.

http://web.archive.org/web/20111106143628/http://us.battle.net/blizzcon/en/event-info/about-blizzcon/blizzcon-overview

-- So to the OP, yes, you can go without a chaperon.
Edited by Sixen on 2/21/2013 6:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
I think you should be fine without an adult. I was 19 when I went to my first Blizzcon solo and that's not too far off from 17 :)
Reply Quote
So if my mom really didn't want to go, I can go into the convention by myself if I'm 16? (Really 15, but I turn 16 the week after blizzcon.)
Reply Quote
Honestly as long as you don't look like you're still in Elementary school you can do whatever you want (except drink). No one checks your age at the door nor once you are inside. Unless of course you are buying alcohol.

Some third party parties are 21+ only but for the most part they use a wrist band or stamp system. Possible not even one at all! But do not just assume that you won't be able to attend parties because of your age! Come over and see what happens, fortune favors the bold. :)
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
Bring red cups.

Nah but you shouldn't have any issues getting inside the convention.

If need be find someone that can chaperone you in I suppose if they make a fuss about letting you in.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
Bring red cups.

Nah but you shouldn't have any issues getting inside the convention.

If need be find someone that can chaperone you in I suppose if they make a fuss about letting you in.

Pretty much this, if it is an issue im sure someone in line would help you get in. I would if you were by me.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
02/25/2013 08:57 AMPosted by Xhuna
So if my mom really didn't want to go, I can go into the convention by myself if I'm 16? (Really 15, but I turn 16 the week after blizzcon.)

Just make sure that it's your name on the ticket! The only person that can pick up the ticket is the person who bought it or the person whose name is on it.

At 15, you can go pick up your ticket on your own, get into the convention on your own, and do all of the fun convention stuff on your own, parent-free. Except beer, you can't have the concession stand beer.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
If you're over 12 you won't have a problem, unless you look like your 12 even if your 15-16 (not that uncommon really) and in that case you wouldn't have pic ID to prove your 15, just look for the guy dressed as sepiroth if I go i'll take you in :) lol
Reply Quote
89 Worgen Warrior
I was 15 when i went to my first blizzcon, I was by myself and a friend of the same age. Youre fine
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]