BlizzCon Information & Overview

MVP
BlizzCon 2013 Information
Below is the known information for the upcoming Convention.
General Overview
Where:
Anaheim Convention Center, 800 West Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92802
When:
Friday, November 8th, 2013 and Saturday, November 9th, 2013, 9:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. PT (both days). Badge/Goody Bag pickup will likely be available on the Thursday prior (November 7th) as well.
Reservations
Blizzard put together a handy hotels page here: https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_gi_new&groupID=18741120
Ticket Information
Ticket sale dates have yet to be released, although it's likely to happen May-July. Blizzard will announce further details long before the sale dates.
Prices
It's speculated BlizzCon 2013 ticket prices will rise to $200. Previous conventions looked as such:
  • BlizzCon 2005: $100 ($80 without a closing concert pass)
  • BlizzCon 2007: $100
  • BlizzCon 2008: $100
  • BlizzCon 2009: $125 ($39.95 DirecTV Stream, $500 Benefit Dinner)
  • BlizzCon 2010: $150 ($39.95 DirecTV Stream, $500 Benefit Dinner)
  • BlizzCon 2011: $175 ($39.95 DirecTV Stream, $500 Benefit Dinner)

Previous Convention Information
This information was pulled from the old BlizzCon 2011 website via archive.org as it's unavailable on the current BlizzCon mini-site. This should be used as a reference for any questions, but do note, that as this is from BlizzCon 2011, it is subject to change for 2013 (although the chances are slim to none as this information has been used for almost all previous conventions).
BlizzCon Overview
In addition to serving as a gathering place for Blizzard Entertainment gaming communities, BlizzCon will offer attendees a chance to enjoy:
  • Hands-on play time with the latest versions of Blizzard Entertainment games
  • Discussion panels with Blizzard Entertainment developers
  • Professional and casual tournaments for players to showcase their talents
  • Community contests with great prizes
  • Commemorative merchandise based on Blizzard Entertainment’s game universes
  • More activities and attractions to be announced on www.blizzcon.com

Event Restrictions
BlizzCon tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable, and Blizzard Entertainment reserves the right to deny admission to anyone who violates this policy.
Due to fire regulations, access to certain panel discussions, presentations, and performances that occur during BlizzCon will be limited to the maximum capacity of the particular hall and will be on a first-come first-served basis. If an area has reached its capacity, you may not be granted reentry after exiting.
Attendee Age Restriction
Some content at BlizzCon may not be suitable for children. Anyone 12 years of age or under must be accompanied by an adult. Absolutely no children 5 years of age or under will be permitted to enter. No strollers will be allowed in the Anaheim Convention Center.
Item Restrictions and Prohibitions
Bags up to 20" x 10" in size may be brought into the convention. Blizzard Entertainment reserves the right to search any bags being brought into BlizzCon and to refuse entry if they are found to contain prohibited items below:
Prohibited Items: Desktop computers; laptops; electronic storage devices; edged weapons (such as knives, daggers, or swords for costumes), actual clubs, maces, or other crushing weapons; projectile weapons, even if unloaded or nonfunctional (including air guns, longbows, crossbows, etc.), alcohol, fireworks, glass bottles, cans, large containers.
**Any attendee found to have violated the prohibited items list may be removed from BlizzCon.**
Acceptable costume weapon props are limited to air-filled or soft plastic melee weapons (swords, daggers, maces, clubs, etc.) and wooden staves that are not shod with metal.
Video cameras are permitted for use in the BlizzCon exhibit halls. However, you may not record gameplay from any of the screens (with the exception of tournament gameplay), and recording the BlizzCon closing concert on Saturday evening is strictly prohibited.
Personal equipment may not be connected to any computer for any reason at any time.
Badge Information
Badge Pickup
To pick up your badges, please bring the printed bar code that will be emailed to you prior to the show, along with valid photo ID that matches the name on the confirmation email, to the Anaheim Convention Center at the location and times listed below:
General Attendee Pickup, Hall E, Anaheim Convention Center
<coming for 2013, likely Thursday, November 7th, 2013>
Please note: Once a barcode is scanned and the associated badge is printed, the barcode becomes invalid. We will *not* be able to reprint lost badges. In order to protect yourself, do not purchase tickets from third parties.
Attendee Names and Information
After you purchase tickets, you will have until Friday, June 10 at 8 p.m. Pacific Time to edit the names of attendees and associated information (such as World of Warcraft character or realm) through your Battle.net account Order History.
If you have not entered information by this deadline, all attendee names will default to the full name of the Battle.net account holder. In this event, the Battle.net account holder must bring *all* of the printed bar-code emails, along with matching photo ID, to BlizzCon to pick up badges and distribute them to his or her guests. (Note that while all of the badges will show the Battle.net account holder’s name, photo ID will only be checked at the time of badge pick-up.)
    Minors Attending BlizzCon Without Their Own Photo ID: Bring your bar-code email directly to the Solutions Desk at BlizzCon, along with the original credit card used to purchase the ticket and the purchaser’s original photo ID (No digital copies, photocopies, or other facsimiles will be accepted). You will be required to answer a series of security questions, and may be required to call the ticket purchaser if he or she is not already on-site with you.
    Adult Attending With a Minor: If you wish to avoid having to make a special trip to the Solutions Desk, as an alternative to the above you can enter your own name in place of the minor’s attendee information. This will allow you to pick up the badge with your own photo ID, after which point you can give the badge to the minor accompanying you.
    Attendee Name Changes After June 10: If a guest is no longer able to attend the show and you would like to bring a different guest, you and/or the replacement guest will need to bring *all* of the following items to the Name Change Desk for assistance:
    • The original attendee’s bar-code email
    • The physical photo ID of the new attendee whose name is to be printed on the badge
    • The physical credit card used to make the purchase
    • The purchaser’s physical photo ID.

IMPORTANT NOTE: You must present a legible copy of the front and back of the purchaser's credit card and ID to make any changes to the badges. Visit the Solutions Desk located in Hall E for further assistance on ticket- or badge-related issues at the show.

Ticket Overview
    Types of Tickets
    There are three types of tickets:
    [ul]
  • BlizzCon ticket: Just a generic ticket to the event (BC2011 was $175).
  • Benefit Dinner tickets: The day prior to the convention is a benefit dinner where guests can meet and chat with game developers, executives, and other folks from Blizzard before the show (this includes access to the Convention and is usually significantly more money, BC2011 was $500), with money being donated to the CHOCChildren's Hospital.
  • BlizzCon Virtual Ticket: DirecTV PPV stream of the show (BC2011 was $39.99).
  • There is a limit of 4 per household for regular tickets and 2 for the benefit dinner.

Ticket Delivery
Approximately one month before the show, the ticket purchaser will receive up to four separate emails (one for each ticket purchased) each containing a unique attendee barcode that will be required to gain entry to the show. This email will also be stored in the ticket purchaser’s Battle.net account Order History.
Order Status
To check the status of your order, log in to the Battle.net account you used to make your purchase and click My Orders from the Blizzard Store, or click Order History in Battle.net Account Management.
IMPORTANT! Each attendee must print the email containing his or her barcode and bring it to BlizzCon, along with valid photo ID, in order to receive a badge.
The name on the barcode email *must* match the name on your photo ID. For more information, see the Badge Information section.

Edited by Phenteo on 10/29/2013 12:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Good info. Can't wait!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Thanks for the info, it is extremely helpful. Here's hoping I can get a ticket.
Reply Quote
MVP
Thanks Sixen!

You've answered all of the questions I was too lazy to look up. ^.^
MVP FAQ: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4038704716#2
Reply Quote
MVP
02/25/2013 08:50 PMPosted by Drothvader
You've answered all of the questions I was too lazy to look up. ^.^

;).
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
You realize that tickets will be sold by people unable to attend, etc. How can a purchaser of these tickets be certain they will work for them?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Does anyone know if outside food is allowed inside? I'm guessing not, but I thought I'd ask. I'm allergic to everything and just want to know if I'm going to have to starve! haha :)
Edited by Pattymayo on 5/1/2013 9:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP
You realize that tickets will be sold by people unable to attend, etc. How can a purchaser of these tickets be certain they will work for them?

They can't, you will need to meet the seller at the convention, as you need the credit card (and photo ID) used in the original purchase.

Does anyone know if outside food is allowed inside? I'm guessing not, but I thought I'd ask. I'm allergic to everything and just want to know if I'm going to have to starve! haha :)

Usually they say only water, if I recall correctly, but I don't see them hounding you about small snacks, like granola bars, etc.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Omg, this is making me nervous O: First time going to Blizzcon.. Guh, I'm sure I'll be fine! Does it matter that I bought my brothers ticket on my account cause he doesnt have one? o:
Reply Quote
MVP
Omg, this is making me nervous O: First time going to Blizzcon.. Guh, I'm sure I'll be fine! Does it matter that I bought my brothers ticket on my account cause he doesnt have one? o:

Nope, that's completely fine as long as you'll be there to pick it up, ;).
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Anyone know if there is any type of child care provided?
Reply Quote
MVP
Anyone know if there is any type of child care provided?

Fairly certain there isn't. The minimum age to attend the Convention is 5.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
So I have a problem, I purchased Blizzcon tickets and I just found out that I got accepted to a Job in Texas, so I will not be able to attend in November. I am the original purchaser of the tickets (2). My friend and I will not be able to attend we both got the same job, so I was thinking about just giving the tickets to my brother and his friend so I don't waste $350. But in reading the forum post it states that they won't accept photocopies of drivers licenses and the original credit card. Is there any other way I can change it. I was thinking of just of giving them the email vouchers and a photo copy of my credit card and drivers license, but know I don't know what to do cause I don't want to waste $350. Can a blue help me out here or someone that knows tell me what my options are?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Hopefully the Blizzcon Virtual Ticket will be available for purchase soon, it'll be my second time attending Blizzcon (at least from home that is).
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
Virtual ticket is available for purchase as I type this.
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Warrior
ok I have a back pack that is 20x13 even though it says you can bring bags that are 20x10 inside the convention center I won't have anything in it just empty bag to carry the items that I purchase from there is that ok even though I am just a few inches over the bag size? or is it that it has to be exact bag 20x10 I know I don't want be carrying things in my arms all day walking an sitting.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I have a quick question that you fine folks might be able to answer. The bag size they would like us to bring is 10x20 inches. However, my husband and I have bags that are 13x15 inches. Will this be a problem? Obviously it is 5 inches smaller than the 20, but 3 inches bigger than the 10. *sigh* This is our first time coming to BlizzCon and we don't want something silly as the wrong size bag from stopping us getting in. LOL Your help would be greatly appreciated. ^_^
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Hello, my husband and I were having the same issue. We actually put a ticket in on WoW asking a GM for help. He said that no one should hassle us about our bags that are 13x15.

I hope this helps you like it did us! Have a great time at BlizzCon because I know we will!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]