Best way to get a ticket?

96 Draenei Warrior
Without any special home-made prog or coding please... Lets be honest, that doesnt change anything lol.

Which Internet browser should be the fastest? Mine is Google Chrome, runs quite fast I must say.

Other thing, I never lag (direct high speed cable internet connection) so will it ''gives'' me more chances to get in the queue for a ticket?

Any other advices would be nice! I really want to go there this year, so please lets make it happen!

Thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5

*queue*

*see that your 6000 in queue*

*rage*
Reply Quote
DON'T turn off jpg loading hoping it will refresh faster if it doesn't have to load the image of the tickets. The "Buy tickets" button is a jpg and although the link to the queue was still there I wasted time mousing around trying to find it.

Only split seconds, but that's enough to put you waaaaaaay down the line.
Reply Quote
98 Worgen Druid
In years past, you simply need to click the button within the first 1.5 seconds to be high enough in queue to purchase.

Sounds simple enough........ Who am I kidding, this is always the most nerve racking part, and I have been able to buy them for the past two now. But this will not change with how many people want to go, and how limited the convention center is as far as capacity is concerned.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
fudgggggggge if anyone gets a extra please have me ontop of your list :)
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
What my group of friends always does is all just keep refreshing the page. Whoever gets in buys 4 tickets to ensure we can all go. We just pay back whoever payed later on.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
can i get a direct link to where i need to be for the ticket madness?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Tips:

- Boot everyone else off your network. No downloads/uploads, etc.
- Get an SSD drive, and make sure your RAM is good (don't let your browser client be the bottleneck!)
- Ensure your ISP is reliable BEFORE the date. (basically, it isn't hammered during primetime hours, or has a high chance of randomly disconnecting/redialling)

You can spam F5 all you like, but it means little. Go by the clock.

I've bought tickets to the last two shows, on both sale days, without any problems.

Oh, and for goodness sake - WARN YOUR BANK ABOUT THE INCOMING PURCHASE (particularly if you are buying a group of tickets)
Edited by Nirrti on 4/5/2013 8:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
nirrti can you give me a direct link to where i need to be?
Reply Quote
nirrti can you give me a direct link to where i need to be?

No-one can. The page doesn't exist at the moment.

It will be there a at least few hours before time though. Plenty early enough for F5 practice.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
There is no direct link at this time.

But likely, the link will appear over at http://us.blizzard.com/store/

For the last two times, there was a special landing page (which does not exist, but will go up a day or so prior to the sales). This special page will, upon the precise moment of the sales launch, add in a small drop-box (for ticket quantity) and a "BUY" button or similar.

This places you into the infamous queue of prayer and hope.

If you get the quantity number wrong, don't panic. You'll get a second chance to adjust the value if you make it to the checkout. The initial QTY value is for the backend system to properly know how many tickets are potentially available during the insanity.
Edited by Nirrti on 4/5/2013 11:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
You would think after all the cons, they would try and find larger venues, to support more attendees. This also lends creedance to the notion that 1 blizzcon is simply not sufficient.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Tyvm i was severely confused to where i had to be to purchase, i will prob be buying 4 just in case for my guildies. So if i have extra i will be selling them, ill make a post if so.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You would think after all the cons, they would try and find larger venues, to support more attendees. This also lends creedance to the notion that 1 blizzcon is simply not sufficient.

10 million people around the world play WoW. That number does not include the number of people who play just Diablo, or just Starcraft, or just Warcraft. What venue do you suggest that could hold just 10% of that?

Blizzcon is held minutes away from their world headquarters. With all the computers, statues, stage, sets, and tons of other awesome things for Blizzcon, the cost to move all of it elsewhere would jack up the price to the extreme (Blizzard already loses money on Blizzcon).

Blizzcon/WWI have been held in other places - typically, close to a Blizzard office. France and South Korea have both had events held. Plus, Blizzard typically does eSports events around the world.

Blizzard also frequently has a presence at many of the major cons around the country.

Finally, name another major con that ISN'T held in the same location for years and years. Gencon is always held in Indianaopolis. PAX is always held in Seattle. DragonCon is always held in Atlanta. SDCC and NYCC are always held in their respective cites. Why is Blizzcon special in that it must move?
Reply Quote
- Get an SSD drive, and make sure your RAM is good (don't let your browser client be the bottleneck!)

You must click really GD fast if your RAM and HDD speed are limiting you, but your finger clicking speed is not.
Reply Quote
Tips:

You can spam F5 all you like, but it means little. Go by the clock.

Terrible.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

Blizzcon is held minutes away from their world headquarters. With all the computers, statues, stage, sets, and tons of other awesome things for Blizzcon, the cost to move all of it elsewhere would jack up the price to the extreme (Blizzard already loses money on Blizzcon).

I would be interested to hear how blizzard "loses" money on blizzcon?
Reply Quote

Its expensive not just to move all their stuff, but to rent out basically an entire convention center. They aren't just paying for those 2 days. They have to pay for the space for as long as their stuff is occupying the space.

They also have to pay people to run the merch booth, the special attractions, etc, the performers, they hand out prize money to the people playing in tournaments, its quite the expense. Oh, and count the hotel rooms they have to book for employees...yikes...the HQ might not be far away, but its far enough that you can't drive home for the night after close and be back in time for opening.

Also, does anyone happen to know if you can buy tickets using paypal?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Also, does anyone happen to know if you can buy tickets using paypal?

We've not received any confirmation yet on this, I noticed they currently have their ticket system disabled for Blizzcon so you cannot submit them yet. This would really be great information to know now so that people can ensure the money is in their paypal account, etc.
Reply Quote

For the main convention they rent halls A through D. They then rent a couple rooms on the second floor for smaller events and panels. On top of that they also rent hall E in the basement to handle the ticket distribution. While the convention itself is two days the halls must be rented for even longer so that they can setup everything and then take it all down afterwards. I wouldn't be shocked to find out that they rent the place for a week or longer.

The demo stations and tournament computers are another major cost. Hundreds upon hundreds of top quality gaming computers are needed. Nobody's going to think the new content is all that great if they are playing on a 5 year old beater.

People cost money. They have to pay employees to work the event, not all of which live in California. Anyone brought in from afar likely has their hotel and airfare covered. I think last year there was even a craigslist add looking for even more people to work the convention. They have to pay people to setup everything, and then take it down afterwards. The person hosting the contests needs to be payed as does the band doing the concert during the closing ceremony.

Tournament prizes are in the tens of thousands of dollars. Multiple tournaments are held sending the prize pool easily over $100k.

Everything in the swag bags right down to the map and quest bookmark cost. When there are over 20000 swag bags that can get costly real quick.

Blizzard would be the only one with numbers to explain everything, but thinking about it all it isn't hard to imagine how quickly those ticket fee's get spent.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]