Warcraft IV Announcement

(Locked)

What do you think? Is Blizzard going to announce Warcaft IV?
Warcraft IV won't exist until WoW is done, and this is why.
Blizzard games are heavily story oriented, and you can't have 2 different games developing the story at the same time. I guess basically if they did make a WCIV game it would have to be in the past which would be ok but weird, or in the future which would just be bad.
Edited by Shisno on 9/10/2013 12:12 PM PDT
However, we want Warcraft IV.
59 Blood Elf Warrior
They already have. It was released in November 2004, and has become the world's number one game. I am of course talking about World of Warcraft, the fourth main edition in the Warcraft franchise and the only warcraft game we are going to get.
78 Orc Warrior
They will announce it and leave all the nay sayers will their mouths hanging open LOL
i want my chilhood back, wc3 brings so many big memorys i dont want it to be just a memory
30 Pandaren Rogue
I always thought that WoW was the fourth Warcraft.
90 Undead Mage
10/24/2013 12:14 PMPosted by NaSty
i want my chilhood back, wc3 brings so many big memorys i dont want it to be just a memory

Dont ask for that, trust me. Leave it as a good memory, because WC IV or even a remake of WC3 will not have the same value or be the same experience as it was in the past. You will probably end up ruining your memories.
definitely worth the risk.
Warcraft IV, would only be released after WoW is done cranking out expansions. I could see this kind of release table for Blizzard:
Next up:D3 RoS
Then: WoW Expansion
Followed by: Final SC2 Expansion

Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm in between those title releases.

D3 Final Expansion
WoW Final Expansion
Diablo MMO (WoW would probably go free to play if it is still around at this point)
Warcraft IV
Starcraft FPS RPG, maybe?

After that, an alternation between Diablo MMO and Warcraft IV expansions (with smaller projects in between) . After they conclude, Starcraft 3, WoW 2, Diablo 4.
Edited by Eldius on 10/25/2013 8:03 AM PDT
Warcraft IV, would only be released after WoW is done cranking out expansions. I could see this kind of release table for Blizzard:
Next up:D3 RoS
Then: WoW Expansion
Followed by: Final SC2 Expansion

Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm in between those title releases.

D3 Final Expansion
WoW Final Expansion
Diablo MMO (WoW would probably go free to play if it is still around at this point)
Warcraft IV
Starcraft FPS RPG, maybe?

After that, an alternation between Diablo MMO and Warcraft IV expansions (with smaller projects in between) . After they conclude, Starcraft 3, WoW 2, Diablo 4.

You left out Titan, which I could see being in there instead of the Diablo MMO.
Other than that, I could accept that schedule.
85 Undead Death Knight
I want to hear news about the Movie version of WOW! I am sure they will give a teaser trailer about it then everyone will be going !@$%^&* over who knows maybe Titan is the code name for the Movie because there was word that production was temporary stopped on that to focus the needs on other projects..
91 Human Paladin
what would Warcraft 4 look like after WOW? Would Blizz go back to its old model of limited scope of the world and player control, or would they make playing WC4 like WOW?
100 Gnome Warlock
11/29/2013 10:33 AMPosted by Exzavier
what would Warcraft 4 look like after WOW? Would Blizz go back to its old model of limited scope of the world and player control, or would they make playing WC4 like WOW?

It would be an RTS.
It is simple.

World Of Warcraft is MMO.
Warcraft is Strategy game.

What original fans of Warcraft franchise want, such as myself, is NEW Warcraft strategy game.

That's it.

Starcraft is strategy game, but it's different franchise, we can imagine "World of Starcraft" as new MMO, as well as Diablo strategy game, OR MMO, but it's all if we imagine. It would be cool to see those kind of games, and maybe we will someday, but me personally, I'd rather see new Warcraft strategy game sooner than later.

I'm not playing WOW, as I don't like it, just not fun. So please Blizzard, make something for original WC fans..:)
Blizzard recently hasn't put out a good product since WoW, I feel that with the disappointment of Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3, they should have some fire to make a good game again. WoW has also been a game for children in my book, RTS games really have been my favorite as they make me THINK, but that's just my opinion. I would like to see WC4 and hopefully watch Blizzard save the RTS genre all at the same time.
Wow wow wow wow. Wow. Wow, not World of Warcaft. The disappointment of Starcraft 2? Seriously? What planet are you on? Starcraft 2 is/was successful as anyone could have possibly hoped for. Diablo 3 had some problems, but so did Diablo 2. They will still fix them, but maybe Path of Exile will still be more popular (especially since its F2P), but we won't know until all is said and done. Also Hearthstone which is still in beta is already very popular, and very good. It will be a nice addition to the Blizzard cash-cows once its officially released and on mobile platforms. But I too desperately want a WC4. World of Warcraft is not Warcraft 4 even though it supposedly continues the WC3 story. I think Warcraft has my favorite lore and world of any game to date. I played WoW for many years on and off, but the story never feels good enough. Probably because grinding for weeks, skipping the texts books worth of average quest dialogue, and then finally killing some story related guy never feels satisfying. And then you repeat that 10000x more times. Give us another epic RTS with an awesome story where *stuff* actually happens.
Frankly speaking, I felt so disappoiting at D3. I really cannot afford to have another good memory ruined as WAR4. I just to have a good game in the end after waiting for decades.
They have divisions working on each game type.
So, after the final SC2 expansion (protos) is out the RTS developers can move on to making Warcraft 4. However the release date will depend on how they plan to make the game. Will they build up on the SC2 engine or will they start all over again with new game engine.
Taking all that and the past experience in to consideration, it will take at least 4-5 years till we see Warcraft 4.
*They won't make competition to their own game, SC2. So until they milk out SC2 we won't see Warcraft.

Whatever happens I hope they will keep the economy and the Warcraft 3 hero system (RPG elements in RTS game). Warcraft 3 was perfect in any way, the best RTS game to day (I love SC but it's heavily based on the economy alone). So I hope they build up on WC3 and don't change anything.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]