What is the BlizzCon® Virtual Ticket?
The BlizzCon Virtual Ticket offers comprehensive live HD coverage of Blizzard Entertainment’s two-day gaming celebration, taking place November 8 and 9, via a multichannel Internet stream.
When you purchase the Virtual Ticket, you’ll be able to switch freely between multiple high-definition (720p) channels dedicated to different areas of BlizzCon, allowing viewers expanded access to the content they're most interested in. The Virtual Ticket grants you complete access to the Main and Panel Stage channels, featuring the following BlizzCon content:
- Developer Panels: Get the latest news and firsthand developer insight into the creation of your favorite Blizzard games.
- Exclusive Interviews: Dig deeper into the Warcraft, StarCraft, and Diablo universes in exclusive interviews with Blizzard executives and developers.
- Costume and Talent Contests: Get a great view of the creativity on display in the legendary BlizzCon Costume contest and the brand-new-for-2013 Talent Contest.
- Closing Ceremony: Be there for the closing festivities on Saturday night, celebrating two full days of Blizzard gaming and eSports action.
Limited high-definition coverage of the opening ceremony and BlizzCon eSports tournaments will be available online for free, featuring the Grand Finals of the 2013 StarCraft® II World Championship Series and the World of Warcraft® Arena Global Invitational. Keep an eye on www.blizzcon.com for more information.
If I order the BlizzCon 2013 Virtual Ticket, will I receive the BlizzCon 2013-exclusive in-game goodies?
Yes, if you purchase the Virtual Ticket Internet stream, you will also receive the BlizzCon 2013-exclusive World of Warcraft, Diablo® III, StarCraft II, and Hearthstone™: Heroes of Warcraft™ in-game goodies
- World of Warcraft Pet: Murkalot
- StarCraft II Portrait & Decal: Tearin' Stitches & Stitches' Hook
- Diablo III Banner: Mark of Death (PC version only)
- Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Card: Mystery Minion
The goodies will be linked to the Battle.net account used to purchase the Virtual Ticket at some point after the show begins. Please note that the BlizzCon 2013 in-game goodies are available only to players on realms/servers in the following regions: the Americas (including those serving players in Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, and Southeast Asia), Europe, Russia, Taiwan, and Korea.
Will replays of Virtual Ticket content be available after BlizzCon is over?
Yes! Anyone who purchases a Virtual Ticket will be able to access on-demand replays of the Main and Panel Stage streams for up to two weeks after the end of the event. Replays of the eSports events will also be available for free.
How do I participate in the BlizzCon online merchandise sale?
From October 11 through November 9, BlizzCon Virtual Ticket buyers and BlizzCon attendees will have access to an exclusive online sale featuring a limited selection of merchandise that will be available at the show (while supplies last). To participate, head to the online Blizzard Store
and log in with the Battle.net account associated with your ticket. Please note that orders will be shipped from the United States, and international shipping rates may apply.
How do I order the Virtual Ticket?
You can order the Virtual Ticket by logging in to your Battle.net account and visiting the Virtual Ticket ordering page
. Please ensure you have a valid, updated payment method associated with your Battle.net account. If you do not yet have a Battle.net account, you can create one for free on the Battle.net website
In what languages will the Virtual Ticket Internet stream be available?
The BlizzCon 2013 Virtual Ticket Internet stream and DIRECTV broadcast will be available in English only.
Can I purchase the BlizzCon Virtual Ticket Internet stream if I live outside of the United States?
Yes, the BlizzCon Pay Per View Internet stream will be available for purchase in multiple regions around the world, though keep in mind the Virtual Ticket stream will be available only in English. Pricing and availability may vary by region.
What are the system requirements and minimum bandwidth requirements to view the live stream?
To view the Virtual Ticket streams, you will need a broadband connection such as DSL or cable with at least 1.2Mbps download bandwidth.
- Intel® Pentium® 4 2.4GHz or Intel Core 1.6GHz (SSE2-enabled processor required for AMD systems) or higher
- Microsoft Windows® XP/Vista/Win7/Win8
- 512MB of RAM
- Graphics card with 28MB of RAM.
- 50MB of available hard-disk space for installation
- Microsoft DirectX-compatible sound card and display adapter
- Flash Player 11 or higher
- Operating Systems that do not support Flash will not be able to watch the BlizzCon Stream
- Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) or higher
- Safari 5 or Firefox 16 browser or higher
- Any Mac with Intel CPU
- 512MB of RAM (recommended but not required)
- Flash Player 11 or higher
- Firefox16+, Internet Explorer 8.0+, Safari 5.0+, Google Chrome 16+, or Opera 10+
I am not a DIRECTV customer—can I order the Virtual Ticket Internet stream?
Yes. A DIRECTV subscription is not required to order the Virtual Ticket Internet stream. The Virtual Ticket Internet stream is available directly through the BlizzCon website for a purchase price of $39.99 USD (international pricing and availability may vary) and includes both days of the event. Note that DIRECTV Pay Per View broadcast is not included with purchases of the Virtual Ticket made through Blizzard.
I purchased the BlizzCon 2013 Pay Per View event through DIRECTV. Do I have to pay for the Internet stream?
No, the Internet stream is included for free in your DIRECTV Pay Per View event purchase. After ordering through DIRECTV, you will receive an email containing a code that will grant one Battle.net account access to the Virtual Ticket Internet stream and the BlizzCon 2013 World of Warcraft, Diablo III, StarCraft II, and Hearthstone in-game goodies. Enter this code through the code redemption page
at any time, and your Battle.net account will be flagged to access the Internet stream. Make sure to redeem this code using the Battle.net account on which you wish to receive the in-game goodies!