The Patch 2.4.1 PTR is now live, and while this is a smaller content patch, we’ve included additional changes designed to improve server and gameplay performance.
Our engineers have been hard at work continuing to monitor gameplay in calculation heavy environments and narrowing down potential solutions for smoother gameplay. We’re asking our PTR participants to join us each night from March 11 to 13 and March 18 to 20 from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. PT to help us stress test these optimizations.
What We're Looking For
So what do you need to do if you want to participate? We’re looking for focus on playing in the following environments:
- High tier Greater Rifts, especially in four-person groups
- Use builds you are most comfortable with – anything from your normal “farming” level to pushing your limits
- Heavy use of Area Damage
- Use of items or powers that you may have previously avoided due to notable impact to gameplay performance, such as the Gem of Efficacious Toxin or Pain Enhancer
A Few Important Notes:
- If you find that a particular skill, item, or combination of skills and items is causing issues with performance, please let us know with as much detail as possible in the associated Focused Feedback thread
- This PTR patch will contain some other balance and item changes; bear in mind that feedback on these topics should be provided separately in the PTR Feedback Forum or in the relevant Focused Feedback thread
- As a reminder, any progress made on the PTR does not transfer over to your live account
- While you will be able to copy your existing characters, we will also be activating the 1000% Legendary Find buff to encourage participation and allow you to find some of the items that benefit the above skills
- Over the course of the PTR, server performance will be different than live. Sometimes it will be better, sometimes it may be worse—this is why we need your help testing!
We’re as eager to get back to a smooth sailing Sanctuary as you are, and we hope you have some time to help us out. If you need more information on how to participate on the PTR, visit our FAQ or see below for details.
Thank you, nephalem, and we’ll see you in Sanctuary!
Further details on how to access the PTR and use the Character Copy system can be found in the FAQ.
To participate in the public test, you must have a Diablo III game license attached your Battle.net account in good standing (i.e. it hasn't been suspended or banned). In addition, you will also need to download and install the Battle.net desktop app if you have not already done so.
Step 1: Create a PTR account. To create a PTR account, log in to Battle.net Account Management and double-click on your Diablo III game license; this will bring you to the game management page. On this page, click "Create a PTR account."
If you've participated in any previous Diablo III PTR (including the Reaper of Souls beta), the "Create PTR account" button may not appear. This is because you've already created a PTR account and can therefore skip this step.
Step 2: Once you have created a PTR account, installed the Battle.net desktop, and logged in with your Battle.net credentials, select "Diablo III" from the main menu on the left-hand side of the application.
Step 3: On the Diablo III screen, there is a drop-down menu right above the "Play" button (note that this may say "Install" if you do not have Diablo III currently installed). Select "PTR: Diablo III" from this drop-down menu before proceeding.
Step 4: You should now have the option to install and play the patch 2.4.1 PTR.
The 2.4.1 PTR is available in all supported languages, and accounts from all regions are eligible to participate.
The option to copy your existing Diablo III characters from your live account to the PTR will be available and can be done directly through the PTR client. However, only one region per account can be copied at a time. So, if you choose to copy characters from your account in a different region, any previously copied PTR characters will be lost.
Step 1: Log into the live game and then log out.
Step 2: Log into PTR client and create a level 1 character. After you're done, return to the main character screen.
Step 3: Click on the "PTR Copy" button located in the upper right-hand corner. (The PTR Copy button will not appear in-game until you have created a new level 1 character.)
Step 4: Select your region.
Step 5: Click "Copy." This will copy all characters on your account from the selected region.
Step 6: You will be disconnected from the PTR client.
Step 7: Log back in. Your copied characters will be available for play.
Please note that you can only copy characters from one gameplay region at a time. If you choose to copy characters from a different region, any previously copied PTR characters will be lost. In addition, you can only copy characters over to your PTR account once every 24 hours. Attempting to copy characters before this cooldown is up will result in an error.
As a reminder: Any progress made on the PTR will not transfer over to your live account.
Once you've had the chance to try things out, be sure to visit the Public Test forums to discuss the patch.
- To provide feedback about content changes in 2.4.1, visit the PTR Feedback forum.
- To report any in-game bugs you find while playing on the PTR, visit the PTR Bug Report forum.
As this is a test server, please anticipate uneven game performance, and note that restarts and downtime may occur without warning.