Diablo® III

Self found wins

(Locked)

09/18/2013 03:33 PMPosted by hunts
You clearly never played D2. Have fun struggling on MP2 with your self found items while people who trade on JSP will be clearing MP10 with the same or less time invested as you.

No players will use that site or others. I have decided its not allowed.
09/18/2013 03:50 PMPosted by hunts
outdone by people who trade like you are now, nothing will change.

Yeah i can totally see how the flippers will have the technical infrastructure that costs our real world markets billions over billions every year and smartbots to attend thousands of tradegames simultaneously and snag every good deal/item to flip it over to d2jsp or whatever ... LOL.

Instead of opening the AH tab in an instant right now and have controll, oversight and easy access to the whole market, doing with it whatever you want.

You opened my eyes, now i can see how the flippers got elevated to godmode with the removal of their main tool. *troll harder plz*

The denial is strong with you guys, still thinking you didnt get royally screwed.

09/18/2013 03:50 PMPosted by hunts
to get their gear that will be 10x better than yours.

Yeah keep dreamin lol.
Show me the walletwarrior barb that has 3m dps and is 10x times better then my crap non RMAH barb.

The gap will get smaller through the mystic alone even without improved droprates.
The chances to find a item with 5 good rolls compared to one with 6 rolls is a world of difference and i dont give a damn about BOA.
Edited by Quasi#2298 on 9/18/2013 4:53 PM PDT
MVP
09/18/2013 11:54 AMPosted by DuckOfDeath
I wonder if those same people that wanted to keep the community together will change their stance and now ask for a separate AH mode.

Actually, I've seen this request about 6 times now.
09/18/2013 04:39 PMPosted by Acrimony
Maybe more of you should have supported a separate self found mode. We were fine with you having your AH but wanted to be separated with no AH. But you wanted to keep the community together. So now everyone is forced to play the same mode where finding your own loot is the focus and there is no AH. I wonder if those same people that wanted to keep the community together will change their stance and now ask for a separate AH mode.

This gloating attitude is extremely arrogant and presumptuous. Both the AH and SF mode are horrible, horrible ideas for the Diablo franchise. The SF debate had nothing to do with this decision, as it was as impotent as any of the other routine, irrelevant debates that have spawned on these hellish forums.

The AH undermined the game's quality. Apparently, the loot overhaul could not be reconciled with the AH, so here we are. The SF was a terrible solution, and had nothing to do with this.

Please don't take credit where it isn't due.

I disagree. After all the insults thrown our way for suggesting SF back then, gloating is EXTREMELY appropriate.

Some SF wanted trading, some didn't. No game mode will ever perfectly match everyone. But this is a massive improvement for everyone who liked the idea of finding their own loot.

So yes, SF wins. It may not be called SF. Doesn't matter. We got what we wanted.

This gloating attitude is extremely arrogant and presumptuous. Both the AH and SF mode are horrible, horrible ideas for the Diablo franchise. The SF debate had nothing to do with this decision, as it was as impotent as any of the other routine, irrelevant debates that have spawned on these hellish forums.

The AH undermined the game's quality. Apparently, the loot overhaul could not be reconciled with the AH, so here we are. The SF was a terrible solution, and had nothing to do with this.

Please don't take credit where it isn't due.

I disagree. After all the insults thrown our way for suggesting SF back then, gloating is EXTREMELY appropriate.

Some SF wanted trading, some didn't. No game mode will ever perfectly match everyone. But this is a massive improvement for everyone who liked the idea of finding their own loot.

So yes, SF wins. It may not be called SF. Doesn't matter. We got what we wanted.

I agree that SF supporters were subjected to a lot of rude, unnecessary grief. But two wrongs don't make a right. I mean, if you've been punched in the stomach you know how it feels. Why would you turn around and do it to somebody else?

As for the removal of the AH, I believe this act gives SF their primary demand. However, SF wasn't just anti-AH, it came to be anti-trade as well. As far as we know, trade will still exist in this game. Hence, this victory is for all AH critics, not SF players. There will be no SF mode.
Edited by Acrimony#1433 on 9/18/2013 5:10 PM PDT
I know SF proponents who wanted no trade. Some even wanted no trading between characters on the same account. People like different things.

I personally was always ok with the idea of trading. Trading and the AH are very, very different beasts. For me, this is what I wanted. Can't speak for anyone else.

This forum is just a cesspool of trolls anyway. Feeding the trolls is fun, so here I am.
I asked for groups, clans and better social features. Does that mean I won?

I made threads about Random events, and used the Jar of Soul to illustrate what players wanted. We got Nephalem Trials using the very same philosophy. Does that mean I won?

I created a thread about DE and as a result, Goblins dropped DE. Does that mean I won?

I want mah cookies!

SF didn't win anything. Diablo 3, as a whole, won.
Edited by DoomBringer#1994 on 9/18/2013 5:19 PM PDT
yay
I asked for groups, clans and better social features. Does that mean I won?

I made threads about Random events, and used the Jar of Soul to illustrate what players wanted. We got Nephalem Trials using the very same philosophy. Does that mean I won?

I created a thread about DE and as a result, Goblins dropped DE. Does that mean I won?

I want mah cookies!

SF didn't win anything. Diablo 3, as a whole, won.

You got the game you asked for, so yes you won.
The difference being that self found could at least co exist with the AH. Perhaps not as effeciently as you would have liked but it was an option. We dont get the same consideration.......just booted to the curb with nothing more than a generic, uninformative press release.

It may not hurt so bad if they at least gave loot 2.0 a chance under the GAH but this just seems like an overaction to a whiny fanbase that cant differentiate a good trade system from a poor loot system.

You can still coexist. You simply have to use trade. Its not completely self found. Its simply more focused on the self found idea of finding your own loot. Perhaps it wont be as efficient as you would like but it is still an option.

You think loot 2.0 itself would change the perception that the AH was the easiest way to get loot quickly? Unless loot 2.0 introduces a ton of BoA items all it will mean is more stuff on the AH. Fact of the matter is yes the AH is simply a trade tool. However it is a tool that makes trading very easy and much easier than finding your own loot. Diablo has always been about finding loot. And there should be some challenge to finding that loot. When you make trade through the AH easy then getting loot becomes easy and it ruins the purpose of the loot hunt. And I really hope that loot 2.0 doesnt make finding loot easy.

Removing RMAH and keep GAH. Then it's not as easy to get loot like you said. You still have to farm for the amt of gold needed to buy them
Diablo wins!
Community Manager
I believe Josh noted this in the video, but making the call to remove the gold and real-money auction house wasn't easy--and it certainly wasn't done in a vacuum. On the one hand, we invested a lot of time and resources into the development of the auction house system, and (for all intents and purposes) the auction houses achieved the goals we originally set for them when they were implemented. We also knew that many players appreciated if not outright enjoyed using the feature, be it because they worked long days and didn't always have time to farm, because they liked having a convenient way to sell off unneeded goods, or because they had fun "playing" the AH economy. These were all things we considered and debated heavily. (Keep in mind that we actually evaluated different options that would allow us to preserve the auction houses and just diminish their temptation. This was initially one of the big goals of Loot 2.0.)

On the other hand, it's become increasingly clear that despite the benefits the auction houses provide, they ultimately undermine Diablo's core gameplay and warp our ability to deliver a great in-game experience. A big part of Diablo is the thrill of battling demons and finding epic loot. While buying epic loot in the auction houses might be more convenient, it doesn't feel anywhere near as heroic as plowing through a pack of fearsome-looking monsters and having them drop that one awesome item that seems like it was made for your character.

Removing the auction houses is only one part of the equation, though. The other is Loot 2.0, which is aimed at making playing the game the best and most satisfying way to get items. This system focuses on better loot drops, targeted loot drops, and giving players additional ways to customize their items. We feel that these improvements, along with the removal of the auction houses, will improve the overall gameplay experience for all of our players and help address the initial loot concerns voiced by our community.

Now, we still have a lot of technical and mechanical details to work out, but we'll be sharing all that info once it's available.

TL;DR: The decision to remove the gold and real-money auction house wasn't about validating "self-found" or invalidating those who enjoyed using the auction house. That's a very binary way of looking at things, and I would sincerely encourage players to avoid falling into the whole "we win/you lose" trap. Locking this up.
Edited by Lylirra on 9/19/2013 11:37 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]