Diablo® III

LOH vs LS in ROS

So I dont know if this has been brought up yet but reading threads like voids nats/zuni and the dagger thread got me thinking. We dont know what will be done to us SNS wizzies yet in terms of the nerf but we all have a feeling its coming. So lets say they nerf the proc rate of the twisters. Is LOH even going to be a useful way to recover life after it? Are we going to have to move to a life steal way or just crank up life on hit? I know that they build may not even be viable anymore, but unless something can give us that life on hit in massive amounts, whats the point of our gear? Also if the build is shot then how are the sns'ers going to even farm in ROS? We are going to have to get a new build and fast to work with it. Its just some things that have been rolling around in my head.

As of right now I know its not going to be for a while yet so im just going to enjoy myself and farm away!! :)
Reply Quote
They said that they want more working mechanisms than just LS, for all the classes.

Besides the HealthGlobes crap, maybe we will see some LoH buff too.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
It seems like there are going to be more options with the Paragon points. If you have 5CC on a ring now, maybe you put LoH on your ring instead. Then throw some Paragon points into CC....to make up the difference. You'd also need a diamond in your helm to decrease cooldowns if there is a WW proc buff.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
Thing with LS is that it really only becomes beneficial once you get toward 250k DPS....and really only towards 300k and more. If LoH goes away, then you're gonna have ALOT of CM wizards left out in the cold with their useless LoH gear....unless you need to stack in on both rings, ammy, and Helm...and make up other stats with paragon points. And that's just to maintain the status quo....
Edited by PieHole#1628 on 9/19/2013 12:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/19/2013 12:02 PMPosted by PieHole
Thing with LS is that it really only becomes beneficial once you get toward 250k DPS....

So sad, but meh hell yea. If we're speaking about freezy wiz, of course.
Reply Quote
Thing with LS is that it really only becomes beneficial once you get toward 250k DPS....and really only towards 300k and more. If LoH goes away, then you're gonna have ALOT of CM wizards left out in the cold with their useless LoH gear....unless you need to stack in on both rings, ammy, and Helm...and make up other stats with paragon points. And that's just to maintain the status quo....
!

Yeah I get the whole ls needs deeps part. Looks like Ill still be doing a little hoarding of diff gears just so I have some options for diff builds. I just dont want to have all this attack speed and then no fast attacking builds to work with right away, along with no ah to get something different.
Reply Quote
hi

i havent played my wiz in a long while, and feel like coming back.

im being lazy here, but am i ok to move to a LS sword + SC + rare pants? will it dramatically increase p-levelling speeds?

oh and ignore the archon skills. i geared for CM previously.

and, does anybody have a nice sword for sale? im on a budget.
Reply Quote
Thing with LS is that it really only becomes beneficial once you get toward 250k DPS....and really only towards 300k and more.

Does this assume NO LoH?

My wiz a very much a work in progress, but I've been running a Lifesteal Chanto's for a while now. (I know about the DPS drop...just experimenting with LS ahead of the potential LoH nerf). I also have a decent Storm Crow, and was wondering: How much does the SC skew my survivability? In other words, since my LS is under 250k DPS (I'm just over 200k unbuffed), is it my SC that is really keeping me alive?

I've been trying to work toward the 3.01 BP and have crafted over 450 ammys to get something with LoH + Trifecta...still trying!

This all being said, I am thinking that my survivability comes mostly from my LS and damage-dealing skills...can anyone set me straight?
Reply Quote

Probably the reason it's been dropped out of so many skills, because top geared archons can pull 600k sheet dps with level 63 items. 1 million sheet dps+ life steal would probably be game breaking.
Reply Quote
09/19/2013 09:34 PMPosted by Harrowing
1 million sheet dps+ life steal would probably be game breaking.

... that's only if Blizzard doesn't tweak affixes like Reflect Damage ...

... or if they start to mess around with monster resistances a la D2: LoD ...
Reply Quote
After doing some extensive searching, I was able to get my answers:

My SC gives me about 32% regen for life, the majority of the rest comes from LS (I have some very minor regen as well, less than 200 life/sec)

I also was able to see some posts from April after doing a Google search: the search on here didn't yield the info about LS that I was originally looking for...

That being said, I have another question: other than searching in the search field above, is there any other way that such information is compiled on here? In other words, when someone wants to look up "LifeSteal" and they type in a search with just "LS", they may not get the same search results.

Does anyone know if anyone behind the scenes at Blizzard is looking to make an index of analogous terms (i.e., LS=LifeSteal=life steal) so that looking up information could be easier for forum noobs like me?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]