Diablo® III

diablo 3 OS Mavericks Open GL 4 support?

for haswell series processors?

is it coming? considering going forward with 2 expansions....
Reply Quote
technically I don't think they are supporting OpenGL 3 yet on OS X. I would expect this once 10.6 is no longer supported, then I suppose we could expect use of some of the OpenGL 3 api's (once just 10.7, 10.8, 10.9 are supported).
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
There are a few overall framerate improvements depending on your video card, but I wouldn't expect Mavericks to magically make Diablo 3 run a whole lot better. I've already tested it and it still has microstuttering in a lot of places. This means the problem is likely independent of the OpenGL revision and is a client specific issue.

When the Mac client team has time, they'll try and get the game client back to the state it was in when 1.0.5 launched where stuttering was almost nonexistent. Until then, the best advice is just to keep up to date with your OS, and in the case of nVidia PCIe GPU owners (Mac Pro), there is a new update for 10.8.5 out that improves performance and stability.

nVidia 313.01.03 Release: http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-313.01.03f01-driver.html

The update is for the following Graphics Cards for Macs:

Quadro & GeForce Mac OS X Driver Release 313.01.03
for Mac OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.5 (12F37)
New in Release 313.01.03f01:
Contains performance improvements and bug fixes for a wide range of applications.
Includes new NVIDIA Driver Manager preference pane.
Release Notes Archive:
This driver update is for Mac Pro 5,1 (2010), Mac Pro 4,1 (2009) and Mac Pro 3,1 (2008) users only.

Supported Products:
GeForce 600 series: GTX 680 for Mac
GeForce 200 series: GTX 285 for Mac
GeForce 100 series: GT 120
GeForce 8 series: 8800 GT
Quadro series: K5000 for Mac, 4000 for Mac
Quadro FX series: FX 5600, FX 4800 for Mac

CUDA Application Support: In order to run Mac OS X Applications that leverage the CUDA architecture of certain NVIDIA graphics cards, users will need to download and install the CUDA 5.5.24 driver for Mac located here:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-cuda-5.5.24-driver.html
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]