Diablo® III

New PvP system! Rally to the cause!

I know that Blizzard's Diablo III dev team is working on ideas for a new and better PvP system, but they don't want to release it until it's perfect. This is where I think they err. When has anything of theirs been perfect on release? We don't need a perfect system to start. We just need something to work with. I realize that there is a PvP area right now. But this is not what we want.

I believe what we as a community want is a place where you can go and get matched up against other people of some similar ranking as yourself to battle it out. Or maybe even a PvP system that isn't simply two characters battling to the death. Maybe they could make a system where there are objectives and you have to battle the other characters along the way to attaining said objectives.

I'll think on it some more and post here again when I have more. To others reading this, I would love to hear your opinions and ideas! Let's come up with new ideas for PvP in Diablo and bounce them off of each other.
Reply Quote
You must be really young. Blizzard is aware of everything. The reason they don't release pvp is not because its not perfect..
Reply Quote
I loved D2 LoD pvp and was the only reason I played Diablo for so long. I loved the glitches and rallying with 6 other people to kill one hacker with auto tp. I'm not saying make it glitchy but I wish they'd change the cap of games to 8 again and add a lobby system where you can add titles to what you want to do. "Duels" was always fun to see.
Reply Quote
Yeah definately. One of the reasons Diablo 2 was so great for serious players....Teams in PvP...Declare hostility anywhere on the map...If they had a pvp like diablo 2 id definately invest more time in D3...But theres only so many times you can go through the Acts without getting bored. And now theyre taking away the auction house. Idk, Bliz kinda funked up on Diablo 3...Coulda been so much better.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
I tried hardcore D3, but it just isn't as fun as D2 LoD was. Why would I want to waste my time farming paragon levels over and over again... Ohh.. I get cooler items that will help me continue to grind out paragons (lame).

I wish we could go hostile and kill people, or duel people again. Right now this game is pretty lame.
Reply Quote
personally Starting to think this is BS . From multiple stand points 1 Arena PVP my copy of D3 says this , gonna be 2 yrs and still have not even seen even any beta test for this of any sort or even talk , unless u consider the lame brawling system we have now which is a joke . And the A/H how do u get rid of our only way to trade . and one major component which also was on the product i purchased . might as well be playing offline ,which i cant ..... srry for Ranting but dang
Edited by UnXxX#1127 on 12/21/2013 6:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
yeah the pvp system in diablo 2 lod was great. it had its flaws but overall its the only reason i played that game for years. there is a huge community of duelers on d2jsp! (incase blizzard some how doesnt know that.......)
Reply Quote
i agree this game needs more pvp!
Reply Quote
We want pvp!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
WE WANT PVP!!
Reply Quote
WE WANT PVP D2 STYLE
Reply Quote
You heard the community Blizzard. Time to bring the boys from D2 back or replace whoever is heading D3.

Simply, Taking away Trade!?!? COME ON! D2 was great for several reasons. Item find (Gotta Trade for those SoJs).

and

PVP! You could give us the PvP we want. You just dont want to. Hostile it up guys, Go and Battle it out no matter where youre at? Oh, you are farming? NOT ANYMORE IM FARMING YOU!

Take away AH, but put in some type of Item Trade System and give us the PvP.

No one will play this game for years on like D2 if you don't do these two things. I came back just for the expansion and the hope that someone woke up and decided to put some life blood back into this game. (Taking away AH was the right step btw, but Account bind good items? Come on)
Reply Quote
I could be wrong..

BUT I am thinking that Heroes of the Storm is d3 pvp.
Reply Quote
02/25/2014 03:45 PMPosted by Braille
You heard the community Blizzard. Time to bring the boys from D2 back or replace whoever is heading D3.

Simply, Taking away Trade!?!? COME ON! D2 was great for several reasons. Item find (Gotta Trade for those SoJs).

and

PVP! You could give us the PvP we want. You just dont want to. Hostile it up guys, Go and Battle it out no matter where youre at? Oh, you are farming? NOT ANYMORE IM FARMING YOU!

Take away AH, but put in some type of Item Trade System and give us the PvP.

No one will play this game for years on like D2 if you don't do these two things. I came back just for the expansion and the hope that someone woke up and decided to put some life blood back into this game. (Taking away AH was the right step btw, but Account bind good items? Come on)

I have the same opinion! This game won't last without that features. I really need a PvP like D2, where you could kill anybody anywhere.
Reply Quote
playing a diablo series without pvp is unthinkable.
Reply Quote
If they added Hostile, they would need to increase the player cap as well. That's what made Hostile so much fun in D2 was the 8 players.
Reply Quote
I think it would be interesting and fun if the PVP system matures and adds into the game. People are right about that diablo 3 character build and skills are not quite like ordinary PVP games. However, that's is why Diablo 3 would be unique, if a "mature" PVP system is introduced in the game. Who said hack and slash can't be made into PVP? I could imagine a player could be march a few dazes of soldiers, monster, mobs etc and go into PVP mob fights. You could also get team fights, death mach, king of the hill or even PVP boss fights (e.g. one player is nominated a boss with increased HP and defence, other players try's to kill him). I see there are lots of fun stuff that could come with PVP.

also, once the PVP is introduced, it makes sense that Diablo 3 becomes an online game. Players will not be stop playing, because when PVPing, players has the creativity and randoms that no computer generated settings could match. And it is this constant uncertainty in PVP that makes the game fun to play over and over again.

the only catch is that how do you make a hack and slash monster game into a balanced php game. one good example is the dungeon fighter online. although DFO was more like arcade type of hack and slash, I find their PVP system with auto balance was great.
Reply Quote
I agree that pvp whould be one huge reason that drive us playing Diablo.
Since clan is introduced in new patch I would love to see clan vs clan and ranking system in action. Which offer the players opportunity to co-op and discuss strategy in order to win high ranking like playing team sports. A reward system can be set up to reward a title to represent your skill level or increase item drop rate in pve which balance the play time between pve and pvp.
I personally think a team based pvp competition can alway result in creative builds of players and team strategies which makes the gamers further exploration of the game .
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I Agree PvP is a must for this game to keep longevity, Would love some kind of match making pvp system or atleast a specific lobby/area to join PvP games
Reply Quote
+1
At least some info you know
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]