Diablo® III

Congratulations Blizzard Community Managers

Congrats, you guys (and girls) deserve it.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Thanks for the kind words! It was really awesome for our team to be honored by such a community-driven award (for the second year in a row, to boot!), so thanks to to everyone who voted! :)

For anyone who's curious, the award acceptance video is here and our section starts around 10 minutes and 26 seconds in.

(P.S. - I feel like my cat being in an awards acceptance video somehow wins the internet.)

So is the woman in front on the left that's wearing a skin tight shirt part of the team or did you guys just throw her into the picture for some eye candy?

lol, sorry no offense (I don't know all the CMs faces... or any for that matter), but her posture and pose just made her seem out of place :)
Every person in our section of video are members of the Community Development Department, and the woman you're referring to on the far left is Zeriyah, one of the Community Managers for Hearthstone.
Reply Quote
09/19/2013 11:49 AMPosted by Ignus
How do you get an award for posting "we don't have any details to share right now" 200 times?

These CMs here put up with one of the most passionate (read: often hostile) communities in gaming.

The alternative being... silence. Which is exactly what you get from the mods in most other gaming company forums when they've got nothing solidified to share from the dev team.

The alternative being CMs who interact with the community and share their own thoughts and aspirations when they have nothing to share from the dev team.

And, you know, the dev team comes in and shares what they have to share when they have something to share.

A dev team that posts on the forums? What a crazy concept.

The problem with the Blizzard CM team is that they have filled the role of "Official Game Information Announcers" (OGIA) ever since the WoW devs abandonded the Blizzard forums, and so now whenever they post something that isn't "OGI", naturally we're disappointed. I mean, we'd be disappointed if a Dev came on here and posted "Check out this new wallpaper", wouldn't we?
Reply Quote
Shouldn't "Blizzard, Diablo 3, WoW, and other Blizzard game" be included in the same category? It seems it would just divide votes :o
Reply Quote
MVP
09/19/2013 11:55 AMPosted by Vaeflare
and the woman you're referring to on the far left is Zeriyah, one of the Community Managers for Hearthstone.

And if I remember correctly, she was the one that won the 2010 Blizzcon Costume Contest as the Female Monk. ^.^

Man that was such an accurately awesome costume.

EDIT: Whoops, my memory fails me. 2010 was her, then 2011 was the Terran Adjutant.
Edited by Drothvader#1215 on 9/19/2013 12:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote

So is the woman in front on the left that's wearing a skin tight shirt part of the team or did you guys just throw her into the picture for some eye candy?

lol, sorry no offense (I don't know all the CMs faces... or any for that matter), but her posture and pose just made her seem out of place :)
Every person in our section of video are members of the Community Development Department, and the woman you're referring to on the far left is Zeriyah, one of the Community Managers for Hearthstone.

And under what name does that cat you are holding posts?
Reply Quote
Who was the cute 4 legged furry one with the tail? Is that one a CM too? I <3 cats
Reply Quote
who's the hot girl?
Reply Quote
Community Manager

And under what name does that cat you are holding posts?
She won't share her BattleTag with me, so I'm actually not sure. ;) I suspect she plays a Monk when she's not at the office with me.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
09/19/2013 11:59 AMPosted by DrothVader
and the woman you're referring to on the far left is Zeriyah, one of the Community Managers for Hearthstone.

And if I remember correctly, she was the one that won the 2011 Blizzcon Costume Contest as the Female Monk. ^.^

Man that was such an accurately awesome costume.
It truly was! Here's a link to a blog about her incredible Monk cosplay from about a year and a half ago: Community Spotlight: Christina Sims, the Female Monk
Reply Quote
To be fair, this contest only takes into account the absolute biggest companies. It's like a competition to see who runs fastest amongst people with no legs. There's no doubt Blizzard provides the best support of all the big corporate developers, but that's not saying much.

I've wasted hours making polite, in-depth informational suggestions that get ignored. At this point I don't even care anymore. If only responding to say "we're not taking any action right now" is award-worthy then that's kind of disappointing.
Reply Quote
Way to go, guys!

Vaeflare, your cat looks you're about to get mauled for interrupting a cat nap.
Reply Quote
Whoever that is talking, in the video, has a pretty epic mustache.
Reply Quote
09/19/2013 12:23 PMPosted by Ghstbr
I would socket her gear anytime.

I literally lol'd.......I still am. And I'd have to agree 110%.
My jaw dropped seeing those pics.
Reply Quote
Well deserved. The CM's have seen their fair share of abuse.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]