Diablo® III

Before Loot 2.0 - my 400k setup.

Presumably the world is going to shift with Loot 2.0 and I thought I'd share my LS setup which took a looooong time to create. As Void pointed out, the 3.01 aps requires 11% dagger with 9s all around for the rest and trust me, it was extremely difficult to gather the items.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/charlatan-1802/Thornwind/11651196

Stats:-

407k dps
3.01 aps
3.6k armor
800 AR
54.8k hp
2.8% LS
825 LOH
20 APOC
58.5% CC
500k eHP

I suppose I could add more dps from rings but I've had my rings for a long time and like them. Thanks to the forum folks for inspiring me and helping me with some items - I check alot of your gear (quietly =P). Loot 2.0 may make this easy to achieve in future but as Peterbiz says a 400k CM wiz will still be a 400k CM wiz.

Off-topic - I was in the men_with_juggs twitch this morning and a new CM asked my opinion on our Turbo friend's setup of 490 dps. Sorry for not being able to outdps Turbo but he did have only 10 APOC, 461 LOH with no LS at 2.73 aps. In his defence, he carries a LS weapon and Apoc chant in his stash and swaps them when fighting single targets and RD respectively. You decide if you want to do that - I shared my opinion on the set-up on twitch (Dr Neuron was there as a Mod anyway) and directed him to our friendly forums and guides.
Edited by Charlatan#1802 on 9/18/2013 8:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Congrats!

Awesome gear, great friend.
lol, 10 apoc TURBO. That will never get old.
Reply Quote
grats!!!!! damn that set is sexy, great friend too.

turbo is well, turbo.
Reply Quote
lolllll

Ultimate 3.0. !!!

So sick...
Reply Quote
omg ur chantodo force almost perfect just 1 - 2 dmg only........ omg lol
Reply Quote
lolllll

Ultimate 3.0. !!!

So sick...

lol y u dont change ur pants man
Reply Quote
Have you thought about selling and trying to recoup some of the $ spent before loot 2.0 (presumably through hoarding gems as gold will probably be borderline worthless aside from crafting)? Would hate to have that many godly items just depreciate a la legacy gear.
Reply Quote
checkmate team mempho
Reply Quote
beautifully done.
Reply Quote
Droooooolllls!!!
Awesome gears!
Reply Quote
View profile
Amazing Charlatan as always. Loot 2 may not mean anything when you got BiS from loot 1.
Reply Quote
Man, what an amazing CM wiz charlatan. Too good.
Reply Quote
View profile
Real GG CM Wiz. The only one I saw so far.
Reply Quote
View profile
... unbelievable
Reply Quote
Thanks all. It's been a long road to hit the 400k mark at 3.01. Things will no doubt change but I thought it would be nice to remember this build before Loot 2.0 and I'm contemplating just holding the IAS wand set but most of my pieces in this are used in that set anyway.
Reply Quote
pretty.
Reply Quote
As usual Charlatan, your wizard is incredibly impressive.

With all the news coming out and changes coming up, are you planning to still keep on going? You've been a mainstay of "wizard to aspire to" for as long as I have been following this forum.

-dolynick
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
09/18/2013 09:05 PMPosted by RulerEric
checkmate team mempho

Lol....love it!

Yeah, I remember Boozor saying, a long time ago, that SC would be BIS....even before all of these sword/dagger builds started popping up. I think he envisioned this setup as the true endgame for the elite 1% of the 1%. As soon as you go dagger/sword...you need the APOC from SC...not to mention the elemental damage.

On Boozor we should all trust.
Reply Quote
Doly, I have no clue to be honest. I'm waiting to see if Blizzcon gives further indicators. I think loot runs, clans/guilds and tougher critters with a new Act is exciting. But at the same time I won't be too impressed if loot becomes incredibly good and so easily available. I always felt for an online game, it should never be too easy. And I'm hoping they have a good way to trade because I hate to go to 3P sites to have to do this.

When I was studying to my early working days, I was playing Ultima Online and I played it for 7 years. And the only reason why it kept my interest was despite the graphics which got worse compared to new games each year, it was so hard to train 1 Char and to train 5 took me a few years. A Char had 720 points if I recall correctly and each skill had a max of 120 and each gain was 0.1 increments. It's not uncommon to spend 1 hour and gaining a whopping total of 0.2 or 0.3. It was so bad that they implemented an auto gain of 0.1 after every 24 hours within 10 mins of playing the Char and using the skill. 1 skill was called resist and the only way to gain it was to be targetted =P. Everything about it wasn't easy, getting daily rares, server births, buying a castle/keep, decor items, reagents, crafting was a nightmare. But that made it engaging and challenging.

So if it gets too carebear, then I'll probably leave and if they don't buff the legendaries too much (making my current gear still valuable), then you will see the Mother of Int Gear Sales. Abit like Ironwilly sale no.2.
Edited by Charlatan#1802 on 9/19/2013 7:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hehe yeah Booz knows what he's talking about... when not Boozing. ^^

09/19/2013 07:00 AMPosted by PieHole
checkmate team mempho

Lol....love it!

Yeah, I remember Boozor saying, a long time ago, that SC would be BIS....even before all of these sword/dagger builds started popping up. I think he envisioned this setup as the true endgame for the elite 1% of the 1%. As soon as you go dagger/sword...you need the APOC from SC...not to mention the elemental damage.

On Boozor we should all trust.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]