Diablo® III

Paragon 2.0 question

I've seen a lot of speculation/infos on paragon 2.0 patch and there's one thing I'd really like to know if someone got an answer to it. According to a post from a bliz member I saw in another thread (can't find where since it was quite some time ago), paragon player 100 will be rewarded according to the time they spent playing. Does that mean that if I am paragon 100 and I keep farming with this account, I can still accumulate the overall experience points for my account?

Well the actual question I really want answered is : Do I have to create multiple duplicate characters and level them to gain benefits on the overall paragon level patch coming, or can I keep playing my main character that is already paragon 100 and still get the benefits of the experience I will gain?

Any answer would suit me, but I really like playing my barbarian and I'd like to know if I need to create another one like everyone or should I keep using my main.

Thanks to anyone that has an answer!
Else, have fun and keep playing!

Palax
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I've seen a lot of speculation/infos on paragon 2.0 patch and there's one thing I'd really like to know if someone got an answer to it. According to a post from a bliz member I saw in another thread (can't find where since it was quite some time ago), paragon player 100 will be rewarded according to the time they spent playing. Does that mean that if I am paragon 100 and I keep farming with this account, I can still accumulate the overall experience points for my account?

Well the actual question I really want answered is : Do I have to create multiple duplicate characters and level them to gain benefits on the overall paragon level patch coming, or can I keep playing my main character that is already paragon 100 and still get the benefits of the experience I will gain?

Any answer would suit me, but I really like playing my barbarian and I'd like to know if I need to create another one like everyone or should I keep using my main.

Thanks to anyone that has an answer!
Else, have fun and keep playing!

Palax
We're still working out some of the finer details regarding Paragon 2.0, but our intention is to remove the cap on Paragon levels, so after Paragon 2.0 is implemented, you can continue playing and leveling up your Barbarian if that's what suits you.

In the meantime, the highest amount of "stored" Paragon experience you can have for one character is the current cap, which is Paragon level 100.

(Edited the last sentence for clarity.)
Edited by Vaeflare on 9/18/2013 6:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Yep. Total experience gained across your characters. So for the current game, once you hit paragon 100, that character stops gaining experience.

Based on the limited info that we have so far—I'll use myself as an example—my main wizard stopped gaining experience since November 2012 when I originally hit paragon 100. I more or less just played my main wizard up until the Paragon 2.0 announcement. In order to get a "head start" once the system goes live, I decided to gain more experience on my alternate characters. I actually got my second wizard to 100 a couple of days ago.

Now I have two paragon 100 characters' worth of experience (plus some experience across the other classes). I just decided to level a wizard again since I had one and the fact that I don't have to regear; I can just transfer my main wizard's gear over and proceed from there. You can do the same by rolling another barb if you choose to. But now's actually a really great time to get your feet wet playing other classes.
Twitter: @Jaetch
Edited by Jaetch#1861 on 9/18/2013 4:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It's gonna be boring when you dont level in a month or two when you are Plvl 231 when your new character hits 70.
Reply Quote
It has been said that it will be total experience that is carried over to your accountwide paragon level, which suggests that if you have more than one paragon level 100 that your new account wide paragon level would end up being more than 100. Is that the case or are you saying that Paragon level 100 is the most that will carry over to paragon 2.0, no matter how many plvl 100 you have? The reason there is so much speculation is that the responses leave alot to interpretation.
Reply Quote
09/18/2013 04:11 PMPosted by Jaetch
In order to get a "head start" once the system goes live, I decided to gain more experience on my alternate characters.

So the following quote means that having two level 100 paragons was a waste =/

09/18/2013 04:06 PMPosted by Vaeflare
In the meantime, the highest amount of "stored" Paragon levels you can have is the current cap, which is Paragon level 100.
Reply Quote
09/18/2013 04:19 PMPosted by Doc
It has been said that it will be total experience that is carried over to your accountwide paragon level, which suggests that if you have more than one paragon level 100 that your new account wide paragon level would end up being more than 100. Is that the case or are you saying that Paragon level 100 is the most that will carry over to paragon 2.0, no matter how many plvl 100 you have?

Its additive up in terms of experience up to the global paragon cap of 100.

I'm reading between the lines, but this makes sense to me.

In the meantime, the highest amount of "stored" Paragon levels you can have is the current cap, which is Paragon level 100.
Reply Quote

That answer is pretty confusing, considering everything that has been said since the announcement of paragon 2.0..

care to elaborate please?
Reply Quote
How do you apply this to the ladder (if it comes to Paragon 2.0/expac)?

Will this paragon-sharing on ladder get benefit from current total paragon/exp?
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
In order to get a "head start" once the system goes live, I decided to gain more experience on my alternate characters.

So the following quote means that having two level 100 paragons was a waste =/

1x paragon 100 character = 10,454,400,000 experience

2x paragon 100 characters = 20,908,800,000 experience

Based on what's intended for Paragon 2.0, you'd either go into the system with a single paragon 100 character (or 10,454,400,000 experience) for your new account paragon, or you'd go into the system with two paragon 100 characters or 20,908,800,000 experience. It'd be even better if you can go into the new system with 10x paragon 100 characters for 104,544,000,000 experience.

But should you choose to just play on one paragon 100 character between now and when Paragon 2.0 goes live, you'll have that one character's worth of experience carrying over. Why? Because that one character stops gaining experience as soon as it hits 100. Should you want to gain more paragon experience, you have to level another character. That's the current system.

In Paragon 2.0, it's intended that since all paragon experience is allocated to your account-wide paragon, you can play whichever character you want and all your characters can progress simultaneously. We don't know how much experience will scale beyond 100, though, so we'll have to see just how much 10x paragon 100 characters will be worth in terms of account paragon.
Edited by Jaetch#1861 on 9/18/2013 4:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Paragon 100 = 10,454,400,000 experience

2x paragon 100 = 20,908,800,000 experience

Based on what's intended for Paragon 2.0, you'd either go into the system with a single paragon 100 character (or 10,454,400,000 experience) for your new account paragon, or you'd go into the system with two paragon 100 characters or 20,908,800,000 experience. It'd be even better if you can go into the new system with 10x paragon 100 characters for 104,544,000,000 experience.

This is what I historically recall understanding but the quote by Vaeflare seems to imply that experience is only additive up to the paragon cap of 100.

the highest amount of "stored" Paragon levels you can have is the current cap, which is Paragon level 100.
Reply Quote
I think what people want to know is if they have 2x plvl 100 or 20,908,800,000 experience will that translate into whatever new paragon level that amount of experiance would be, say plvl 165 on your paragon 2.0 account level. None of the blue quotes are specific enough to nail this down.

I think the confusion this time is Vae stated stored paragon levels is capped at 100, when other have stated it is not paragon levels that will add up and transfer but total paragon experience that will transfer and then translate into whatever paragon level that happens to land at.
Edited by Doc#1553 on 9/18/2013 4:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Otherwise they would have mentioned that the maximum number of "stored" levels is 100 per character?
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
09/18/2013 04:37 PMPosted by Doc
I think the confusion this time is Vae stated stored paragon levels is capped at 100, when other have stated it is not paragon levels that will add up and transfer but total paragon experience that will transfer and then translate into whatever paragon level that happens to land at.

She means that characters stop "storing" experience upon hitting 100. They got to the 10.4 billion EXP mark and that's all they will get. Any other experience that would have been gained post-100 will not be "stored" on the account.

OP was asking if he needs to roll another character in order to continue gaining EXP or if he can stick to his paragon 100 barb. The answer, as of now, is yes, he needs to roll another character to gain EXP because his paragon 100 barb no longer accumulates EXP.

Edit: Oooh, I see what you guys mean with that last sentence. That might need clarification. Could have been a typo (or not). I'll check.
Edited by Jaetch#1861 on 9/18/2013 4:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Each character has a maximum amount of XP he/she can gain right now (capped at Plvl100). "XP" from each character will be used for Sharagon (Paragon XP only).
Reply Quote
You people are taking Vaeflare's quote way out of context.

The original post to which Vaeflare is responding clearly asks whether or not experience will continue to accumulate on a P100 character. It will not. However, there have been several blue posts which clearly state that the total amount of paragon experience on your account will be used to calculate your account-wide paragon level - which means that having 2x P100 characters will grant you a paragon level somewhere above P100 when the new system is introduced.

EDIT: Yeah, Jaetch beat me to it.
Edited by Perma#1154 on 9/18/2013 4:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/18/2013 04:44 PMPosted by Jaetch

She means that characters stop "storing" experience upon hitting 100. They got to the 10.4 billion EXP mark and that's all they will get. Any other experience that would have been gained post-100 will not be "stored" on the account.

OP was asking if he needs to roll another character in order to continue gaining EXP or if he can stick to his paragon 100 barb. The answer, as of now, is yes, he needs to roll another character to gain EXP because his paragon 100 barb no longer accumulates EXP.

Still doesn't verify the question if accross all our characters we have more than the 10.4 billion paragon exp, when that transfers to Paragon 2.0 will our account paragon level tranfered be capped at 100 or will additional experience allow us to be 100+ on day one. Your post seems to suggest both possibilities.
Reply Quote
Ok, so the current paragon cap is 10 level 100 characters, got it. Or as you said earlier 104 billion experience (10.4 billion x 10 = 104 billion).

I wouldn't mind them making the cap 10.4 billion experience, for those who are still only paragon 3 or 4. This might have problems however, as it would discourage players to play in months till paragon 2.0 is released, and would also result in laggy servers when it was released (due to everyone trying to be the highest paragon).
Reply Quote

Still doesn't verify the question if accross all our characters we have more than the 10.4 billion paragon exp, when that transfers to Paragon 2.0 will our account paragon level tranfered be capped at 100 or will additional experience allow us to be 100+ on day one. Your post seems to suggest both possibilities.

How does it suggest both possibilities? A P100 character will not be able to contribute further to your account-wide total experience, because the character is no longer able to gain experience. In order to continue racking up more experience for the new system, you will have to play on a non-P100 character. Pretty straightforward.
Edited by Perma#1154 on 9/18/2013 4:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
How does it suggest both possibilities? A P100 character will not be able to contribute further to your account-wide total experience, because the character is no longer able to gain experience. In order to continue racking up more experience for the new system, you will have to play on a non-P100 character. Pretty straightforward.

Because the blue didn't say that they said

And Jaetch said both this

Any other experience that would have been gained post-100 will not be "stored" on the account.

which suggest that we will not be able to store post plvl 100 exp on the account

and this

09/18/2013 04:50 PMPosted by Doc

which suggest that we maybe can if we play multiple character for plvl exp.
Edited by Doc#1553 on 9/18/2013 5:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]