Diablo® III

Paragon 2.0 question

09/20/2013 07:50 PMPosted by CriticalMass
- What category a Paragon Point can be spent in will be determined by what Paragon level you earn. Paragon level 1 gives you a point to spend in "Core Stat," Paragon level 2 gives you a point to in "Offensive," Paragon level 3 gives you a point to spend in "Defensive," and Paragon level 4 gives you a point to spend in "Utility" (or "Adventure"). Each Paragon level past that follows the same pattern.

I feel like this sounds awful.

Customization to me would mean if I have 100 paragon points I don't want them to be 25 offense, 25 defense, 25 core, 25 adventure. I want 100 points to spend how I want.

Also, with the current paragon system, (if I remember correctly) you get 300 main stat, 200 vit, 100 of each of the other 2 stats for a total of 700 core stats when you hit paragon 100. With the new paragon system, 1 paragon point= 5 of a core stat, 100 paragon levels is only going to be 500 of core stats. Why is that? (and this seems even worse with the predetermined categories points will go into).

Agreed. They say they are giving us customization but it seems like everyones characters are going to be progressing the same since we have to spend the points in certain branches. I don t understand why blizzard is trying so hard to stay away from giving us complete control on how we build our characters. Cross account paragon levels for gold and magic find is a great idea..... every other stat or paragon point shd have to be earned by the specific character and be able to be allocated to whatever area you choose when you earn it. Allowing my fresh wizard at 60 the access to 100 paragon points is kind of ridiculous and takes away from the progression aspect of the game. So I reiterate, I think gold and MF cross account for all characters is great,.. allows you to play different characters without worrying about losing out on loot.... making individual character paragon points cross all characters is NOT a good idea.
Reply Quote
Easy question, but not one I have seen addressed.

Do the Paragon levels and Bonus points only apply to level 60 characters?

Personally, I have always felt that characters below 60 should be able to get Nephalem Valor and the Paragon Points would be cool also for leveling alts.
Reply Quote
09/21/2013 07:23 AMPosted by ariasz
Players can respec their Paragon Points. We've not yet finalized whether or not respeccing Paragon Points will incur a cost, or what the respec cost might be if we decide to implement one.

please do not implement respec cost. just like skills, one should be able to experiment with different builds. if i want to be a tank today with a lot of vitality, let me play this way - for free. i don't want to pay each time for trying something new.

Part of the game is remaking a new character. I for one do NOT like that anyone can switch their spec or skill at anytime to match my spec or their mood. Your character should be designed by YOU and your decisions should be imprinted in that character. This highlights diversity and also gives people a reason to play more than 1 of each class (whether female or male is irrelevant) and then just changing that class when they want. This completely defeats the specific character builds or having certain characters for different specs. I like being able to have my throw barb Beast... but then I also have my whirlwind barb Savage. I do not want 1 barb that has no name other than my account name has no title or particular diversity and is just a slate that can be changed and manipulated whenever you choose. If you build a bad character, oops that sucks! time to reroll and figure out what you did wrong. This is what makes the game fun and what separates experienced or knowledgeable players from casual players who just throw points into stuff without prior experience or at least reading up on a specific spec.
Reply Quote
True! True! Two thumbs up!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
keep it coming maybe they will get the picture
Reply Quote
Any news on that conversion curve? What will 1 paragon 100 be post patch, 2 paragon 100s, 10 paragon 100s.
Reply Quote
Lylirra. "The third change is that we've removed the innate bonuses granted by Paragon levels, and players will now earn Paragon Points every time they level up"

Lylirra. "When Paragon 2.0 goes live, we'll being adding up all the Paragon experience on each of your characters, and we'll be using that combined total (the total amount of Paragon experience you have, not the total number of Paragon levels) to determine your Shared Paragon level"

So, if Legacy players have already leveled 10 characters to 60 does this mean they will not have the correct number of shared pool Paragon Points they would have gained leveling post 2.0?

Will Blizzard award legacy players the Paragon Points they should receive even though they will not have joined after 2.0? If not, then Legacy Players will have to delete characters to be awarded the total number they could have achieved compared to others joining after 2.0.
Reply Quote
So, having realized that we'll lose out on our current Paragon levels' innate x% MF/GF, it got me thinking... Why would thay do that? They say they want everything to be 'self found' or traded in person, but taking away a massive buff of 300% mf/gf severely hampers how we'll see new Loot2.0 legendaries, as the numbers they're pulling might be made using the assumption of current Paragon stats.

Something i've also come to the conclusion of... Mf and Gf will be in the same stat catagory, which means unless each point equates to 3% of either, we'll see a nerf even at Paragon 800, of which two lv 100 characters equate to a whopping 140(Estimate) points to spend. Now, let's think about that. That's 30 or so points for each catagory, which even at 3% Mf, or +2 core stat, is a significant power/effort loss.
Reply Quote
09/20/2013 06:49 PMPosted by Lylirra
- What category a Paragon Point can be spent in will be determined by what Paragon level you earn. Paragon level 1 gives you a point to spend in "Core Stat," Paragon level 2 gives you a point to in "Offensive," Paragon level 3 gives you a point to spend in "Defensive," and Paragon level 4 gives you a point to spend in "Utility" (or "Adventure"). Each Paragon level past that follows the same pattern.

What the hell you think with your stupid false choice? Where is the customisation here?
Blizzard want kiill the real utility of the parangon 2.0? You take the way to do it ...
Reply Quote
- The third change is that we've removed the innate bonuses granted by Paragon levels, and players will now earn Paragon Points every time they level up. These points can then be spent to boost up various stats in four different categories: Core Stats, Offensive, Defensive, and Adventure.

So I'm dumping 100s of hours of play time into the game so my characters can be weaker than they are right now, until I dump 100s of hours more on the same characters?
Reply Quote
so what are we going to do about magic find? does this mean gear swapping is coming back?
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 9/23/2013 10:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/22/2013 08:53 AMPosted by Altaïr

What the hell you think with your stupid false choice? Where is the customisation here?
Blizzard want kiill the real utility of the parangon 2.0? You take the way to do it ...

Indeed. I once though that P2.0 would be a good thing. Now i'm really scared that they will screw up their unique golden egg in this poor game.
Reply Quote
Paragon 2.0 is pure sh*t... As usual blizz is always good at hyping things up...

They never fail to talk about how good things were... but turn out to be complete otherwise... complete BS imho!

Barb lost 15% cc and 50% cd, and we have to wait till lvl 400 to catch back... lol I am really done with this game...

Fury gen with ITF and WOTB gone I already swallowed it hard... but now I can't even save my unbuffed DPS.. ROS is a downgrade... sorry not getting XPAC if this is the direction the game is going...
Edited by Guts#6167 on 9/22/2013 11:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Sounds great to me. Even the distribution. Gives people something to REALLY grind up for and not be instantly OP. Im curious how the plvl 2.0 will work with a new level cap? Thought I read somewhere we can hit 70? Also will there be any reduction in say gem costs since we don't need so much of a gold sink anymore? From just pickup and vendoring, 10s of millions is a bit much for JUST a gem. Or will it stay the same to promote longevity in looting?
Reply Quote
ADD thorns multiplier...

First they need to actually make Thorns USEFUL! And scale with MP level. The damage it currently does isn't just useless, it's downright insulting.
Reply Quote
Paragon 2.0 is pure sh*t... As usual blizz is always good at hyping things up...

They never fail to talk about how good things were... but turn out to be complete otherwise... complete BS imho!

Barb lost 15% cc and 50% cd, and we have to wait till lvl 400 to catch back... lol I am really done with this game...

Fury gen with ITF and WOTB gone I already swallowed it hard... but now I can't even save my unbuffed DPS.. ROS is a downgrade... sorry not getting XPAC if this is the direction the game is going...

Since this game released 16 months ago every patch thus far has been disguised & marketed with nerfs & cookie cutter character customization behind it.

Paragon 2.0, loot 2.0, and the RoS expac will be no different, other than more of that same concept being marketed in a shiny wrapper, so the D3 lemmings will open their wallets yet again.

I give it less than a month after RoS release and these forums will be filled with the realization from players (complaints & whining) of what RoS and the 2.0 patches will truly be bringing to the game.
Reply Quote
Please notice that the new account wide para. system
DOES NOT INDICATE HOW EXPERIENCE the players are with a particular class.

Current para. system, for example, it shows a player an experienced barb player when he has a para. level 100 barb with a different portrait/icon.

With the new system, we cannot know that.

The players who spent a lot of time/have a lot of experience of a particular class deserve a different portrait of the class on their toons.
Reply Quote
Please notice that the new account wide para. system
DOES NOT INDICATE HOW EXPERIENCE the players are with a particular class.

Current para. system, for example, it shows a player an experienced barb player when he has a para. level 100 barb with a different portrait/icon.

With the new system, we cannot know that.

The players who spent a lot of time/have a lot of experience of a particular class deserve a different portrait of the class on their toons.

No offense but this is a game that requires nothing more than attaching a few skills to a couple mouse buttons and spam clicking them until things die.

Really 0 skill involved here.

I really don't think a Diablo game has ever been about skill. It's more of a random map, random loot, random skills used type game where you customize and make the character stronger the more you play the game.

Oh wait... Maybe your right I've been doing it all wrong the last 16 months, and It is about skill, cause D3 doesn't have anything random or customizable about it!
Reply Quote
- All characters will be able to contribute to Shared Paragon levels equally. There are no bonuses or burdens for Paragon leveling multiple characters of the same class.
Quoted by: lylirra

Just wanna make sure i understand this right. So if i roll a 2nd of the same class at para 2.0, it would'nt help out whatever exp it gains towards para points? Or is it the other way around?
Edited by Mamuke#1728 on 9/22/2013 6:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]