Diablo® III

Paragon 2.0 question

How does it suggest both possibilities? A P100 character will not be able to contribute further to your account-wide total experience, because the character is no longer able to gain experience. In order to continue racking up more experience for the new system, you will have to play on a non-P100 character. Pretty straightforward.

I think what he is saying, is based on the context of the question from the original-poster (OP), we can assume that the cap is 10.4 billion per character
Reply Quote
the heck is "adventure"?
Reply Quote
09/18/2013 05:03 PMPosted by Adecoy95
the heck is "adventure"?

indeed. What?
Reply Quote
09/18/2013 05:03 PMPosted by Adecoy95
the heck is "adventure"?

+ Gold find
+ magic find
+ movement speed
+ monster experience
Reply Quote
Community Manager
09/18/2013 04:23 PMPosted by Ziden
So the following quote means that having two level 100 paragons was a waste =/

Not at all. With the way the system works right now, we'll first start by adding up Paragon experience across all your heroes of specific type. That cumulative experience will then be applied to the new Paragon leveling curve to determine what your Shared Paragon level will be. Depending on how many characters you have and what Paragon levels they are at the time Paragon 2.0 goes live, it's definitely possible that your Shared Paragon level will be above 100 (remember that we're removing the cap on Paragon at the same time). So, a player with 2 or 3 p100 characters will certainly be farther along than, say, a player with only 1 or 0.

(Note that Shared Paragon levels are broken down by game type, though. By this I mean that all of your Normal characters will share a unified Paragon level and all of your Hardcore characters will share a unified Paragon level.)

* In case someone asks, the experience curve for Paragon 2.0 is still under development, so I can't give you an exact conversion just yet.

09/18/2013 04:48 PMPosted by Perma
The original post to which Vaeflare is responding clearly asks whether or not experience will continue to accumulate on a P100 character. It will not. However, there have been several blue posts which clearly state that the total amount of paragon experience on your account will be used to calculate your account-wide paragon level - which means that having 2x P100 characters will grant you a paragon level somewhere above P100 when the new system is introduced.

Correct. The questions was "if I am paragon 100 and I keep farming with this account, [can I] still accumulate the overall experience points for my account?" The answer is no. At present, once characters reach Paragon 100, they will no longer continue to accrue Paragon experience.

Sorry for the confusion! As a side note, Travis Day went into Paragon 2.0 details and philosophy a little more here, if you’re curious: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9882180012#9
Reply Quote
Thank you for the clarification.
Reply Quote
Without being shot down by " Ugnnn pc is better, you suck', Are these changes likely to happen on the console versions?
Reply Quote
Truly none of this matters considering when there is Ladder in Ros, everything gets reset. So why bother worrying about our current characters or gear?
Reply Quote
Cause not everyone gives two craps about ladder.
Reply Quote
09/18/2013 05:45 PMPosted by Shackler
Without being shot down by " Ugnnn pc is better, you suck', Are these changes likely to happen on the console versions?

if so not for a long time after they go live on pc and they can observe its reception.

I mean. launch d3.
watch it and fix it for a year then put out console with more changes (no ah, offline ect.) see how it does then make reaper of souls, watch that for a bit then start making the console one

the pc gets patches more frequently and such. also I personally find it unlikely reaper of souls will see xbox 360 or ps3. but have no doubt it will eventually come to ps4 and xbox one
Reply Quote
Community Manager
09/18/2013 05:45 PMPosted by Shackler

Still TBD. Similar to the answer we give whenever asked "Will you bring 'X' from the console to PC?" the same applies when considering whether or not we will bring PC features to console. If it makes sense for that particular platform, will benefit the gameplay, and can actually be translated over in a seamless way, then yes. If not, then no. (Generally speaking.)

But to answer your question directly: We'd love to eventually bring Reaper of Souls and related changes to console. I don't have any details to share beyond that (I mean, we just shipped Diablo III on the PS3 and Xbox 360 this month), but it's definitely a goal. :)
Reply Quote
09/18/2013 05:48 PMPosted by ShotCallah2
Truly none of this matters considering when there is Ladder in Ros, everything gets reset.

Uh... that's not actually true, is it? As I understand it, ladder characters are separate and don't benefit from your existing non-ladder characters (including gold, stash and artisan levels/recipes), but non-ladder characters will continue to exist and will not be reset. So you only have to start over IF you are playing on ladder.

Or are they really going to wipe *everything* so that everyone will start over with Loot 2.0? (That seems inconsistent with what they've said about paragon level conversion, though.)
Reply Quote
=) Always get warm fuzzies when a blue repiles. Thanks for your answer Lylirra, like I said last time 'employee of the month!'
Reply Quote
Community Manager
09/18/2013 05:42 PMPosted by Doc
Thank you for the clarification.

Mah pleasure!
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
And there we go, ladies and gents. Get on those new characters and maybe we'll meet in a pubbie someday :P
Twitter: @Jaetch
Reply Quote
Well, I wasn't expecting that many replies in such a short time... I guess the blue responses might have helped here :P ...

Thanks a lot for all the infos, really clear and I can now focus on leveling adequately!

Looking forward to all the changes! :)
Reply Quote
Still TBD. Similar to the answer we give whenever asked "Will you bring 'X' from the console to PC?" the same applies when considering whether or not we will bring PC features to console. If it makes sense for that particular platform, will benefit the gameplay, and can actually be translated over in a seamless way, then yes. If not, then no. (Generally speaking.)

But to answer your question directly: We'd love to eventually bring Reaper of Souls and related changes to console. I don't have any details to share beyond that (I mean, we just shipped Diablo III on the PS3 and Xbox 360 this month), but it's definitely a goal. :)
Thanx mate. Console is my preferred version ( My laptop is hideous >.<) I really hope at least loot 2.0 comes to consoles anyway.
Reply Quote
To most ppl its not going to matter how that works anyway! Because with Loot 2.0, Ladders, and the loss of the AH, 99% of ppl will just be dumping their old toons and starting new ones at the start of each ladder season, just like they did in D2, and you don't get your paragons when you do that. I wish that wasn't what ppl would do, but it is. Unless you only play solo, then I can understand the reason behind question.
Now before everyone jumps in and yells at me for being an AH lover, no, I'm not at all. I'm a "Ladder Hater"
Reply Quote
Maybe off topic, but, any chance to get our character name on our toon rather than our battletag? I believe this has been brought up before. A lot of creative character names that could add a level of individualality are not being displayed.

Thank You
Reply Quote
View profile
Maybe off topic, but, any chance to get our character name on our toon rather than our battletag? I believe this has been brought up before. A lot of creative character names that could add a level of individualality are not being displayed.

Thank You

I am not entirely sure if I get what you mean by that, do you mind clarifying for me?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]