Diablo® III

Paragon 2.0 question

09/19/2013 10:05 AMPosted by Khyras

And you plan on maxing those this century? Do you realize how much XP gain you will need to max al those categories?

XP needed to max out all categories is still unknown afaik, so you dont know how long it will take.Even if it takes few years people will eventually get there.Question is what then, especially considering that para points are shared and every character you make has access to them.Dont want another short-term bandaid mechanic, i want well thought through long term solutions to customization.

You do realize this is the first of at least 2 xpacs right!?
Reply Quote
Not to mention that this game will not be around forever. None are.
Reply Quote
09/19/2013 10:10 AMPosted by Khyras
Not to mention that this game will not be around forever. None are.

Dont see what that has to do with what i asked? Also, people still play D2 10 years later.

Really ... I still play Crusader of the Dark Savant too ... so there must be another reason for playing games than just getting to the top and saying 'that's all folks'
Reply Quote
*crickets*
Reply Quote
View profile
09/19/2013 08:52 AMPosted by Khyras
And what exactly am i supposed to do with paragon points once i max categories i need or once ( eventually) i max out all available categories.Also, if putting points in attributes, like dexterity, is unlimited, wont that trivialize the game because eventually your dodge rating will be so high mobs wont be able to hit you at all?.

Not because gaining levels requires increasingly more experience. So while there is no hard cap there is still effectively a cap since there are only so many hours one can realistically play this game.

Besides if someone really does play 20,000 hours they deserve to be stronger.
Reply Quote
09/19/2013 10:17 AMPosted by Khyras
i asked the question because i wanted an answer, not to start arguments.If you dont have an answer refrain from posting.

Not arguing ... just pointing out the fact that, somewhere in your response was the answer you were seeking. Look closer.
Reply Quote
Not at all. With the way the system works right now, we'll first start by adding up Paragon experience across all your heroes of specific type.

So if someone has 5 normal P100 barbarians, that person will end up with the exact same amount of Paragon 2.0 XP as someone who has one normal P100 monk, one normal P100 demon hunter, one normal P100 wizard, one normal P100 witch doctor, and one normal P100 barbarian?
Reply Quote
Not at all. With the way the system works right now, we'll first start by adding up Paragon experience across all your heroes of specific type.

So if someone has 5 normal P100 barbarians, that person will end up with the exact same amount of Paragon 2.0 XP as someone who has one normal P100 monk, one normal P100 demon hunter, one normal P100 wizard, one normal P100 witch doctor, and one normal P100 barbarian?

Yes.
Reply Quote
Holy confusion batman...how can you people be so confuse when the answers are so straight?!

Now the Paragon XP table goes from 0 > 100 Paragon. Imagine when expansion comes they'll simply extrapolate and continue increasing the same table to 700Paragon.

So the new table will be 0 > 700 Paragon and As you all know, each new level in the table you need increasingly more XP the then previous level.

Numerically, let's say you have 2 chars Paragon 100 currently. That means right now you have amount of XP accumulated in those 2 characters that translates to Paragon 100 in each of them.

For an example purpose, let's say to reach Paragon 100 it takes you 2million XP, so that means your account currently has an amount of XP of 4million (2 characters Paragon100 with our example numbers).

When the expak hits, they'll look at your XP total amount, in this case 4mil, and check at the new Paragon table that goes from 0 > 700 Paragon, and then those 4mil XP will fall at some point, let's say, FOR EXAMPLE SAKE, that 4mil XP in the new table nets you Paragon 163.

So that means when the xpak system hits, your old 2 characters P100 XP of 4mil was converted into the SAME 4mil, but those same 4mil netted together only allows you a total Paragon of 163 (EXAMPLE NUMBERS)
Reply Quote
Holy confusion batman...how can you people be so confuse when the answers are so straight?!

Now the Paragon XP table goes from 0 > 100 Paragon. Imagine when expansion comes they'll simply extrapolate and continue increasing the same table to 700Paragon.

So the new table will be 0 > 700 Paragon and As you all know, each new level in the table you need increasingly more XP the then previous level.

Numerically, let's say you have 2 chars Paragon 100 currently. That means right now you have amount of XP accumulated in those 2 characters that translates to Paragon 100 in each of them.

For an example purpose, let's say to reach Paragon 100 it takes you 2million XP, so that means your account currently has an amount of XP of 4million (2 characters Paragon100 with our example numbers).

When the expak hits, they'll look at your XP total amount, in this case 4mil, and check at the new Paragon table that goes from 0 > 700 Paragon, and then those 4mil XP will fall at some point, let's say, FOR EXAMPLE SAKE, that 4mil XP in the new table nets you Paragon 163.

So that means when the xpak system hits, your old 2 characters P100 XP of 4mil was converted into the SAME 4mil, but those same 4mil netted together only allows you a total Paragon of 163 (EXAMPLE NUMBERS)

^^^ Paragon 2.0 for Dummies ^^^

Excellent post.
Reply Quote
09/19/2013 10:58 AMPosted by Khyras
"You people" ? Im sorry was this "answer" meant to answer my question about para points caping ? Certainly hope not, cause it has nothing to do with what i asked.

Paragon 3.0 will be here before you can cap it.

and after that, well ... you must have a bigger reason to play unless you just love the paragon hamster wheel.

See ... you already answered your own question inadvertently. You just didn't recognize it at the time.

:D
Reply Quote
I would like it pretty much if the mf/gold caps were removed ... just like in D2 ( the mf had diminishing returns) but it would still allow for more freedom...

There might be some ppl ( probably me) that would prefer goin up a little more in MF even tho it's diminishing rather than to be forced to go with more powerful gear
Reply Quote
Community Manager
What does "...of specific type" mean?

I think he means Normal or Hardcore

Yup! Exactly.

09/18/2013 05:38 PMPosted by Lylirra
(Note that Shared Paragon levels are broken down by game type, though. By this I mean that all of your Normal characters will share a unified Paragon level and all of your Hardcore characters will share a unified Paragon level.)
Reply Quote
Community Manager
09/19/2013 02:18 AMPosted by Robert999220
So just to get this straight. if i have 2 paragon level 100 characters, when 2.0 comes out i will be somewhere around Paragon level 140 rather than paragon 200. the conversion rate is adding up all EXPERIENCE not just total levels correct?

Yes. Currently, the idea is to up add up the Paragon experience on each of your characters. Based on that combined total (the total amount of Paragon experience you have, not the total number of Paragon levels), we would then determine your Shared Paragon level. We're still tinkering with the Paragon 2.0 leveling curve, so I can't give you an exact conversion just yet.

Also, just in keep that you'll have a separate Shared Paragon level for your Normal characters and one for your Hardcore characters.

Edit: typos :(
Edited by Lylirra on 9/19/2013 1:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
We're still tinkering with the Paragon 2.0 leveling curve, so I can't give you an exact conversion just yet.

Fixed it for ya :-P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]