Diablo® III

Paragon 2.0 question

So the following quote means that having two level 100 paragons was a waste =/

Not at all. With the way the system works right now, we'll first start by adding up Paragon experience across all your heroes of specific type. That cumulative experience will then be applied to the new Paragon leveling curve to determine what your Shared Paragon level will be. Depending on how many characters you have and what Paragon levels they are at the time Paragon 2.0 goes live, it's definitely possible that your Shared Paragon level will be above 100 (remember that we're removing the cap on Paragon at the same time). So, a player with 2 or 3 p100 characters will certainly be farther along than, say, a player with only 1 or 0.

(Note that Shared Paragon levels are broken down by game type, though. By this I mean that all of your Normal characters will share a unified Paragon level and all of your Hardcore characters will share a unified Paragon level.)

* In case someone asks, the experience curve for Paragon 2.0 is still under development, so I can't give you an exact conversion just yet.

I was wondering if I can get a clarification on "... adding up Paragon experience across all your heroes of specific type". Is there a limitation on the number of heroes of a specific type? For example, would there be a penalty of any kind if I have more than two Witch Doctors at P100 when calculating the shared Paragon 2.0 experience?

I was planning on starting a third and then a fourth Witch Doctor toward the goal of P100, but It may be prudent to wait for a clarification or start another hero class.
Edited by AkaiMango#1110 on 9/19/2013 5:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/19/2013 12:54 PMPosted by AkaiMango
I was wondering if I can get a clarification on "... adding up Paragon experience across all your heroes of specific type".

All of your Hardcore characters get one Paragon total, and all of your softcore get another.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
09/19/2013 12:54 PMPosted by AkaiMango
I was wondering if I can get a clarification on "... adding up Paragon experience across all your heroes of specific type". Is there a limitation on the number of heroes of a specific type? For example, would there be a penalty of any kind if I have more that two Witch Doctors at P100 when calculating the shared Paragon 2.0 experience?

Game type = game mode (i.e. Normal and Hardcore). So, you'll have a separate Shared Paragon level for Normal characters, and a separate Shared Paragon level for Hardcore characters. Says so right in the post just a few paragraphs down. :)

To quickly address your second point: under current design, all characters will be able to contribute to Shared Paragon levels equally. There are no bonuses or burdens for Paragon leveling multiple characters of the same class. This is all subject to change, of course, and I'll make sure to pass along the feedback I've seen on this topic to our developers.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
09/19/2013 12:40 PMPosted by bluephoenix
Fixed it for ya :-P

I'm not sharing the exact conversation, either! So...there? >.>
Reply Quote
Wow, 5 pages of morons who can't read the original blue post and apply a scrap of common sense. It's staggering the low IQ on these forums. I have no idea how the moderators keep their sanity on here lol.
Reply Quote
feels like cheating :) Blizzard should use max 5 character (one from each class) If you have 5 barbie @ P100, it should be 1 char @ P100 :)

Kind of agree with this. Let's say you have a max Plvl barb with top gear for mp10, you then get a new barb to 60, switch gear and hit mp10 straight off the bat, rinse and repeat. Not saying I won't do that too, but there should be more of an incentive to lvl up new classes I think.
Reply Quote
Question:

If you exp is still capped at p-100, why did they remove the cap? Under paragon 2 you can go to p 200, 300 etc. What will you gain by going over p-100?

As it stands right now (with p-100 cap) there's no point in playing that character. I have 2 that are at p-100. I don't use t hem (except for uber runs). My goal is to get all my characters to p100 before the expansion comes out.
Reply Quote
Question:

If you exp is still capped at p-100, why did they remove the cap? Under paragon 2 you can go to p 200, 300 etc. What will you gain by going over p-100?

As it stands right now (with p-100 cap) there's no point in playing that character. I have 2 that are at p-100. I don't use t hem (except for uber runs). My goal is to get all my characters to p100 before the expansion comes out.

... ... ...you serious? I mean, after all the blue posts and explanations and all...really?

Right NOW you're capped at 100P, when xpak comes a single char of yours could have 300-400-500 or whatever Paragon Points invested into it.

Now there's a cap, once the system changes there wont.
Reply Quote
09/19/2013 01:13 PMPosted by Lylirra
Fixed it for ya :-P

I'm not sharing the exact conversation, either! So...there? >.>

Well I'm trying to think of a comeback and I got nothing. Kudos, Lylirra. I tip my hat.

P.S., Love the banter like this in your posts. Helps show the community you CM's are real people, not corporate fuzz :-D
Reply Quote
My only real question in this matter is what is the incentive to grind paragon if we all know everyone is going to jump onto ladder? Sure it trickles down to the nonladder experience pool but it still doesnt deter the fact that the community will saturate ladder not non ladder. All this grinding for paragon will essentially be put at a standstill until ladder season is over precluding me from enjoying all the paragon exp I have accumulated until ladder is over.

Inb4 "Youre not even level 100 paragon." "You dont have to play Ladder"

We all know the benefit of playing ladder so lets be a little cordial. I just want to know why all the "preparation" to grind paragon when we know the community will be on ladder.
Reply Quote
My only real question in this matter is what is the incentive to grind paragon if we all know everyone is going to jump onto ladder? Sure it trickles down to the nonladder experience pool but it still doesnt deter the fact that the community will saturate ladder not non ladder. All this grinding for paragon will essentially be put at a standstill until ladder season is over precluding me from enjoying all the paragon exp I have accumulated until ladder is over.

Inb4 "Youre not even level 100 paragon." "You dont have to play Ladder"

We all know the benefit of playing ladder so lets be a little cordial. I just want to know why all the "preparation" to grind paragon when we know the community will be on ladder.

Paragon XP in Ladder will convert to your pool of "normal" Paragon Xp, so when ladder ends all the xp you worked towards in the ladder was accumulate and you still benefit from it if you want to play your non-ladder chars.
Reply Quote
View profile
Will there be paragon portraits for your characters in public games, based off your total paragon level?
Reply Quote
09/19/2013 02:22 PMPosted by Wheresmymind
Will there be paragon portraits for your characters in public games, based off your total paragon level?

That's a good question. Bet I know the answer, though: it's a work-in-progress :-P

I'm just waiting 'til Blizzcon for what I want to know.
Reply Quote

They didn't say anything afaik

And there wasn't anything in the datamined info saying so
Reply Quote
So we either pump all the levels into our main or spread the points out evenly throughout all our characters? Doesn't this system seem to be in favor of pumping all the points into one character or constantly respeccing to pump them into what ever character we play the most? why would i ever divide points between two characters.
Reply Quote

That's one I haven't heard yet, good question. I'd like to assume we get fancy portraits, id love to see the old school d2 window again showing people online and the cool auras you'd get... anyone remember that?
Reply Quote
09/19/2013 02:34 PMPosted by Fusion
So we either pump all the levels into our main or spread the points out evenly throughout all our characters? Doesn't this system seem to be in favor of pumping all the points into one character or constantly respeccing to pump them into what ever character we play the most? why would i ever divide points between two characters.

Each character gets its OWN points to spend, based on the total paragon experience on all characters combined. So if amongst all your characters you have a total of X amount of experience that provides Y amount of points to spend, EVERY character EACH gets Y points to spend on themselves.
Reply Quote
View profile
Lylirra

I think it is best if you guys can make a sticky on top of general or RoS. I have seem the same exact question comes up and answered by many different CM/Devs. It might save everyone's time by adding that sticky with Paragons 2.0 F&Q or something like that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]