Diablo® III

Paragon 2.0 question

MVP - Diablo III
View profile
09/19/2013 02:34 PMPosted by Fusion
So we either pump all the levels into our main or spread the points out evenly throughout all our characters? Doesn't this system seem to be in favor of pumping all the points into one character or constantly respeccing to pump them into what ever character we play the most? why would i ever divide points between two characters.

You have 10 characters. You level up your account paragon. Say you get one paragon point upon leveling. All 10 of your characters get one point to assign to their stats. It's not like you get one point and have to pick which character to "upgrade." They all get upgraded. That's the whole point of making paragon account-wide, not per character. It's so you don't have to restrict yourself to playing a single class to make progress.

09/19/2013 02:07 PMPosted by Asterok
My only real question in this matter is what is the incentive to grind paragon if we all know everyone is going to jump onto ladder? Sure it trickles down to the nonladder experience pool but it still doesnt deter the fact that the community will saturate ladder not non ladder. All this grinding for paragon will essentially be put at a standstill until ladder season is over precluding me from enjoying all the paragon exp I have accumulated until ladder is over.

Well, I don't think everyone is going to jump on ladder. Personally I'll be exploring the game via non-ladder for quite some time before I even consider dipping my feet into the ladder world. And like mentioned before, progress you make on ladder will be reflected on your non-ladder characters. It's account-wide. At least that's what's intended. You can never rule out changes. Nothing's concrete yet, including the implementation of ladder right when RoS goes live.

Lylirra

I think it is best if you guys can make a sticky on top of general or RoS. I have seem the same exact question comes up and answered by many different CM/Devs. It might save everyone's time by adding that sticky with Paragons 2.0 F&Q or something like that.

All the information discussed so far is already in the RoS sticky in this forum: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9678948971

Just jump to the "Paragon 2.0" section.
Twitter: @Jaetch
Edited by Jaetch#1861 on 9/19/2013 3:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
09/19/2013 03:31 PMPosted by Jaetch
You have 10 characters. You level up your account paragon. Say you get one paragon point upon leveling. All 10 of your characters get one point to assign to their stats. It's not like you get one point and have to pick which character to "upgrade." They all get upgraded. That's the whole point of making paragon account-wide, not per character. It's so you don't have to restrict yourself to playing a single class to make progress.

Bingo!

Straight from the t-goblin's mouth:

Paragon levels are account bound, they are also segregated between HC and non HC characters. This means you will have a paragon level associated with HC characters that can not be increased by playing non HC characters. We didn't want players to feel like the "right way" to level their HC paragon was outside of HC.

The intent of account wide paragon is to reward the player, not the specific character. Paragon experience and levels are fun to earn, but they currently have the draw back of making people feel tied to a specific character. We want to let players play the game however they want when possible and this was one case where we felt the right thing to do was let you play any character you want and have them all work towards the same rewards.

In the case of spending paragon points, if you are paragon level 50, you will have 50 points to spend in the assorted categories. Each character that has access to this pool of points will get to allocate them for that character. So your barbs 50 points can be allocated differently than your wizards 50 points.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9882180012#9
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Also, just as an FYI, Travis recently created a Paragon 2.0 sticky thread over in the Reaper of Souls Discussion forum. Check it out: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10025092427
Edited by Lylirra on 9/19/2013 3:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This sounds like a question too stupid to ask, but what happens if you delete a character to make room for a new character? Like I used all 10 slots up but now want to make a crusader class, do I lose all that progress or is it incorporated in my account? Logic would say "No you delete a character you loose all progress."

I would like some clarification on this please.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Wait so are we getting less stats from paragon level 2.0? Currently every paragon level we get
+3(mainstat) +2(vit) +1(other 2) +3 %(magic find and gold find). When paragon 2.0 come out are we getting 10 points we can distribute. Or are we only getting say 1, 2, 3,etc?

To my knowledge, say you're going into Paragon 2.0 with a single paragon 100 character. You'll have 100 points to allocate to the stats you want on that character. You may not be getting 300 primary and 200 vitality stats, but as you progress further along—paragon 120, paragon 150, etc.—the bonuses will outweigh the losses going into the new system. The core stats will include your primaries and vitality, you'll also have adventuring stats (MF, GF, etc.), in addition to offensive stats like CC/CD, and defensive stats like evasion. As far as I know, there are also stats like pick up radius and movement speed as well.

You won't be the only one, though, so don't worry about that. You, me, and all the other players will have to adjust to the new system. We'll have more options figuring out how we'll want to build a particular character. And if you don't like how something turns out, there's a potential respec option that's under development.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
This sounds like a question too stupid to ask, but what happens if you delete a character to make room for a new character? Like I used all 10 slots up but now want to make a crusader class, do I lose all that progress or is it incorporated in my account? Logic would say "No you delete a character you loose all progress."

Right now when you delete a character, the EXP is gone unless you restore it (if the character was the last one you deleted). But come Paragon 2.0, your EXP will be on your account, not on any particular character. If you delete that character, all the EXP will still be on your account. Think of a HC character dying. For HC paragon, that "loss" will not impact the EXP you gained on the account.
Reply Quote

Right now when you delete a character, the EXP is gone unless you restore it (if the character was the last one you deleted). But come Paragon 2.0, your EXP will be on your account, not on any particular character. If you delete that character, all the EXP will still be on your account. Think of a HC character dying. For HC paragon, that "loss" will not impact the EXP you gained on the account.

Ok cool
Reply Quote
So, what happens to all of the progress as in, MF, GF and all of the stats that you have earned up the start of Paragon 2.0?
Reply Quote
Also, just as an FYI, Travis recently created a Paragon 2.0 sticky thread over in the Reaper of Souls Discussion forum. Check it out: us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10025092427

Nice to see Blizzard totally forgetting about HC once more in an official post.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
09/19/2013 04:23 PMPosted by Jaetch

Correct! That's how both character deletion and character death (for Hardcore) currently play into Paragon 2.0.

As a sort of side-note, one of the big questions for the Hardcore community is whether or not currently-dead characters will contribute to your HC Shared Paragon level once Paragon 2.0 rolls out. That decision has not yet been made. We know that this is impacting the way some HC enthusiasts are choosing to play right now, so once we've made a decision we'll be sure to let you know. (Note, however, that even if we do make a decision in the near future, things may still change all the way up until Paragon 2.0 goes live based on testing and feedback.)
Reply Quote
09/19/2013 05:48 PMPosted by Lylirra

Correct! That's how both character deletion and character death (for Hardcore) currently play into Paragon 2.0.

As a sort of side-note, one of the big questions for the Hardcore community is whether or not currently-dead characters will contribute to your HC Shared Paragon level once Paragon 2.0 rolls out. That decision has not yet been made. We know that this is impacting the way some HC enthusiasts are choosing to play right now, so once we've made a decision we'll be sure to let you know. (Note, however, that even if we do make a decision in the near future, things may still change all the way up until Paragon 2.0 goes live based on testing and feedback.)

Make sure that this loophole is not present at launch!

=> Get XP from character
=> Delete character
=> Restore character
=> Get XP
=> Repeat

:)
Reply Quote
09/19/2013 02:08 PMPosted by Travis Day
What category that point can be spent in is determined by what Paragon level you earn. Paragon level 1 gives you a point to spend in a Core Stat, Paragon 2 gives you a point in the Offensive category, 3 is Defensive, and 4 is Utility (Adventure). Each Paragon level past that follows the same pattern.

Anyone else is extremely confused at this part? !

• What if I earn 146 paragon points after the paragon conversion, on wich category I can spend those?

• Will I be forced to spend them all into one category until I level up again?

• Wow.. or points are accumulated separately on each category?

• In that scenario those 147 points would be split into the 4 categories? meaning that in my example at paragon 147 I will only be able to spend 36 points into say the defensive category? leaving the restant 110 totally unusable on this category at that determined point?
  • This means that to max out a specific category I would need to be around paragon 800 ( 800/4=200) with only 200 points of the total 800 to spend on said category?

T_T please dont tell me its like this, Im afraid my progress would feel 4 times as slower as with the current stat progression, also some categories are far more important than others and I wouldnt be able to reflect accurately my choice,needs or priorities in my point distribution.. It would be reduced to spend it where I can.
Reply Quote

Many of us have current Deleted (not archived) characters and want to know how those will be handled in the P2.0 conversion as well. (I know that might be difficult to understand... but yes, we delete our characters.) Thank you.
Edited by Opiate#1943 on 9/19/2013 6:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
In that scenario those 147 points would be split into the 4 categories? meaning that in my example at paragon 147 I will only be able to spend 36 points into say the defensive category? leaving the restant 110 totally unusable on this category at that determined point?

This means that to max out a specific category I would need to be around paragon 800 ( 800/4=200) with only 200 points of the total 800 to spend on said category?

T_T please dont tell me its like this, Im afraid my progress would feel 4 times as slower as with the current stat progression, also some categories are far more important than others and I wouldnt be able to reflect accurately my choice,needs or priorities in my point distribution.. It would be reduced to spend it where I can.

Correct.
Reply Quote
I wanted to say... thank you. that is all.

:)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]