Diablo® III

Paragon 2.0 question

With the new paragon 2.0, does it means,

For example 2 character at level 60 (or 70), 1 of the character at paragon 100, the other at paragon 30. and if each paragon level gives 1 stats points to allocate, my total stats point i can allocate is
100+30= 130?

If the above is true, its so silly and unbalanced the game. Basically if u have 8 character with paragon 100, you can faceroll mp10 with so much stats point.
Reply Quote
09/19/2013 05:48 PMPosted by Lylirra
Right now when you delete a character, the EXP is gone unless you restore it (if the character was the last one you deleted). But come Paragon 2.0, your EXP will be on your account, not on any particular character. If you delete that character, all the EXP will still be on your account. Think of a HC character dying. For HC paragon, that "loss" will not impact the EXP you gained on the account.

Correct! That's how both character deletion and character death (for Hardcore) currently play into Paragon 2.0.

As a sort of side-note, one of the big questions for the Hardcore community is whether or not currently-dead characters will contribute to your HC Shared Paragon level once Paragon 2.0 rolls out. That decision has not yet been made. We know that this is impacting the way some HC enthusiasts are choosing to play right now, so once we've made a decision we'll be sure to let you know. (Note, however, that even if we do make a decision in the near future, things may still change all the way up until Paragon 2.0 goes live based on testing and feedback.)

And will it be still in place If we deleted them before expansion come out. I deleted my chars like 4 months ago so I would never log in again(Had to break the addiction due to work..). Now If I buy xpac, will my account have those paragon levels I earned ?(Assuming you guys still have data from the deleted chars to this date)
Reply Quote
View profile
Maybe someone can answer this question... will paragon points which are banked be useable by ANY character at level 1-70... or, do we have to wait until 70 to use them... I'm hoping for former!

Thanks,
Reply Quote
View profile
09/19/2013 11:09 PMPosted by DarkSoul
And will it be still in place If we deleted them before expansion come out. I deleted my chars like 4 months ago so I would never log in again(Had to break the addiction due to work..). Now If I buy xpac, will my account have those paragon levels I earned ?(Assuming you guys still have data from the deleted chars to this date)

I don't think that anything that is no longer available for you to play... HC or SC deletes, should carry over... done and done... this is such a gimme question... and to expect that just blows my mind... Oh, can we also have ALL of our money and gold back because the new items are better... give me a break guys...
Reply Quote
09/19/2013 01:07 PMPosted by Lylirra
There are no bonuses or burdens for Paragon leveling multiple characters of the same class.

and when you have 5 chars para 100 now not the same class? :D
Reply Quote
How many P 2.0 levels will be required to have the same benefits as one current p100 character?
Reply Quote
ok, you are now considering to take over XP from dead chars?!?!
I hope IF, the XP of deleted chars will be taken also! deleted my P76 two weeks ago because I thought the XP was lost anyway oO
Reply Quote
and btw afaik:
you get X paragon points for a Plvl.
But if you spend 1 Ppoint in vit, you will get (e.g.) 5 vit, if you spend 1 Ppoint on CC, you geht 0.2% CC, not 1%. Who would spend a Ppoint on his 1 main stat if he can have 1% crit instead?! the damage increase is much higher for increase of 1% CC than 1 mainstat...
Reply Quote
09/19/2013 06:08 PMPosted by Opiate

Correct! That's how both character deletion and character death (for Hardcore) currently play into Paragon 2.0.

As a sort of side-note, one of the big questions for the Hardcore community is whether or not currently-dead characters will contribute to your HC Shared Paragon level once Paragon 2.0 rolls out. That decision has not yet been made. We know that this is impacting the way some HC enthusiasts are choosing to play right now, so once we've made a decision we'll be sure to let you know. (Note, however, that even if we do make a decision in the near future, things may still change all the way up until Paragon 2.0 goes live based on testing and feedback.)

Many of us have current Deleted (not archived) characters and want to know how those will be handled in the P2.0 conversion as well. (I know that might be difficult to understand... but yes, we delete our characters.) Thank you.

I would imagine deleted characters won't factor in at all since they are no longer in the system.
Reply Quote
In that scenario those 147 points would be split into the 4 categories? meaning that in my example at paragon 147 I will only be able to spend 36 points into say the defensive category? leaving the restant 110 totally unusable on this category at that determined point?This means that to max out a specific category I would need to be around paragon 800 ( 800/4=200) with only 200 points of the total 800 to spend on said category? - Colt

Don't forget that for every point you have to spent you have the right for 5 status change. :)
Reply Quote
This means that to max out a specific category I would need to be around paragon 800 ( 800/4=200) with only 200 points of the total 800 to spend on said category?

T_T please dont tell me its like this, Im afraid my progress would feel 4 times as slower as with the current stat progression, also some categories are far more important than others and I wouldnt be able to reflect accurately my choice,needs or priorities in my point distribution..

At first the 'one category per level' upset me too. But I think there's a positive side to it, along with it feeling more balanced.

If I could dump 100 points into any stats I wanted, (i.e. - max crit chance, crit dmg) I'd be way over powered compared to someone of the same level who chose a different path.

Also, I think it encourages more strategizing and contemplation of where to put the points rather than just dumping them into a few categories.
Reply Quote
09/19/2013 11:41 PMPosted by TheOneRaven

I don't think that anything that is no longer available for you to play... HC or SC deletes, should carry over... done and done... this is such a gimme question... and to expect that just blows my mind... Oh, can we also have ALL of our money and gold back because the new items are better... give me a break guys...

I didn't ask if I have my chars back, I'm simply asking whether they are going to take old deleted characters into account for new paragon system. If I deleted my char which had paragon levels, will those still contribute in new system. It's not a demand either just a question. I don't even know why I'm explaining myself lol
Reply Quote
i'm confused. what happens if i have 1 char at paragon 49, another at paragon 50, another at paragon 30 and so on? do i need to have ONE single char at paragon 100 or do multiple chars add up to the total XP a paragon 100 requires?

i like to play multiple chars and i need to know if this is ok or if i should focus to get one of them to 100.
Reply Quote
09/19/2013 06:04 PMPosted by Colt
What category that point can be spent in is determined by what Paragon level you earn. Paragon level 1 gives you a point to spend in a Core Stat, Paragon 2 gives you a point in the Offensive category, 3 is Defensive, and 4 is Utility (Adventure). Each Paragon level past that follows the same pattern.

Anyone else is extremely confused at this part? !

This means that to max out a specific category I would need to be around paragon 800 ( 800/4=200) with only 200 points of the total 800 to spend on said category? [/ul]

Yes, that's exactly what it says if you finish reading the very same blue post that you are quoting. The blue post goes on to say:

"At present all categories other than Core Stats (Str, Int, Dex, Vit) have a cap on the number of points that can be allocated to them, which also means there is a cap to the total number of points that 3 of the 4 categories can have. If you reach Paragon 800, you will have maxed the number of points that can be allocated to the Offensive, Defensive, and Utility categories and all future Paragon levels will grant you a point in the Core Stat category instead. "
Reply Quote
Probably a dumb question but If I have 4 toons and each is paragon level 25 Will I then have 100 points for each charactor when 2.0 comes out.
Reply Quote
09/20/2013 08:27 AMPosted by Barilios
Probably a dumb question but If I have 4 toons and each is paragon level 25 Will I then have 100 points for each charactor when 2.0 comes out.

No, you'll have however many points that your total paragon EXPERIENCE gives you, not levels. Think about it like this, 25-50 takes more xp than 1-25, so if you had 2 at 25, add that experience together (not level number) and you'd have somewhere under level 50 for the new paragon system.

Moving on, i had a different question and i'm not sure if it's been touched on yet or not, or even if it's been decided. So Paragon levels will now be shared across all your characters in a game mode, but what about the points assigned? Will you be able to assign points on a per character basis, or do you choose the bonuses once, and those bonuses are the same across every character?
Reply Quote
09/19/2013 03:31 PMPosted by Jaetch
Personally I'll be exploring the game via non-ladder for quite some time before I even consider dipping my feet into the ladder world.

I'd be inclined to agree, except that the nature of ladder seems to be that if you don't go for it from the first minute it launches (not to mention taking that week off from work so you have more time to play), you might as well not bother, since you'd be starting over when other people are already established. You'd have all of the handicaps of starting over with none of the benefits.

That will probably result in me not playing ladder at all, or at least not in the first season. I don't know where people are getting the idea that nobody will play non-ladder anymore.
Reply Quote
and btw afaik:
you get X paragon points for a Plvl.
But if you spend 1 Ppoint in vit, you will get (e.g.) 5 vit, if you spend 1 Ppoint on CC, you geht 0.2% CC, not 1%. Who would spend a Ppoint on his 1 main stat if he can have 1% crit instead?! the damage increase is much higher for increase of 1% CC than 1 mainstat...

This...would be beyond broken. I assume all non-core stat boosts are capped at 50 points, which means if you put 50 points into Critical Chance at 0.2% per point, that totals out to be +10% to your critical hit chance.

If it was 1% per point? That's +50% critical hit chance, which means pretty much everyone is doing guaranteed critical hits, which would then immediately bring in the nerf hammer followed by the bawwwkerchiefs.
Reply Quote
@Zoen: the calculation was an example for increased Ppoint costs for the next increase of stat. whether its 1% CC or 0.2% CC or 0.31415% CC ;)
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Alright, so. Let's get everything into one place. :)

Paragon 2.0 is a work-in-progress.
All points below are as of current design.
Details are subject to change before Paragon 2.0 goes live.
More information will be made available as development continues.

- With Paragon 2.0, we're making three significant changes to the Paragon system. The first is that we're removing the cap on Paragon levels. Players can now earn as many Paragon levels as they please.

- The second is that Paragon levels are now account-wide per game type. Game type = game mode (i.e. Normal and Hardcore). All Normal characters on an account will share a Paragon level. Similarly, all Hardcore characters on an account will share a Paragon level. Following Paragon 2.0 going live, any Paragon experience you gain on your Normal or Hardcore characters will contribute to your account’s Normal Shared Paragon level or Hardcore Shared Paragon level, respectively.

- The third change is that we've removed the innate bonuses granted by Paragon levels, and players will now earn Paragon Points every time they level up. These points can then be spent to boost up various stats in four different categories: Core Stats, Offensive, Defensive, and Adventure.

- What category a Paragon Point can be spent in will be determined by what Paragon level you earn. Paragon level 1 gives you a point to spend in "Core Stat," Paragon level 2 gives you a point to in "Offensive," Paragon level 3 gives you a point to spend in "Defensive," and Paragon level 4 gives you a point to spend in "Utility" (or "Adventure"). Each Paragon level past that follows the same pattern.

- All categories other than Core Stats (DEX, INT, STR, VIT) have a cap on the number of points that can be allocated to them, which also means there is a cap to the total number of points that 3 of the 4 categories can have. At present, this means if you reach Shared Paragon 800, you will have maxed the number of points that can be allocated to the Offensive, Defensive, and Utility categories and all future Paragon levels you earn will grant you a point in the Core Stat category instead.

- Your account's Paragon Point pool is not shared between your characters. Instead, characters on your account will each get their own set of Paragon Points to spend independently (e.g. you can spend your Paragon Points differently for each character). To provide an example, if your account's Normal Shared Paragon level is 100, all Normal characters on your account will each get 100 Paragon Points to distribute as you see fit.

- Players can respec their Paragon Points. We've not yet finalized whether or not respeccing Paragon Points will incur a cost, or what the respec cost might be if we decide to implement one.

- When Paragon 2.0 goes live, we'll being adding up all the Paragon experience on each of your characters, and we'll be using that combined total (the total amount of Paragon experience you have, not the total number of Paragon levels) to determine your Shared Paragon level. Again, this will be broken down by game type.

- The leveling curve for Paragon 2.0 has not yet been finalized, so we are unable to provide a direct conversion of current Paragon levels > Shared Paragon levels at this time.

- After Paragon 2.0 goes live, if you are level 60 and do not have the expansion enabled on your account, you will continue to earn Paragon experience in the new system. This is because you are still technically at the level cap. However, if you are level 60 and decide to enable the expansion on your account, you will stop earning Paragon experience. This is because the expansion increases the level cap to 70. Once you reach level 70, you will start to accrue Paragon experience again from where you left off. (So, basically: Only max-level characters will be able to earn Paragon experience. If you don't have the expansion, max-level = 60. If you have the expansion, max-level = 70.)

- Under Paragon 2.0, if a character dies or is deleted, the amount of Paragon experience it contributed to your Shared Paragon level will not be lost. This is a benefit of having Paragon experience stored at the account level, rather than at the character level.

- Whether or not currently-dead characters will contribute to your account's Hardcore Shared Paragon level once Paragon 2.0 rolls out has not been decided. We know that this is impacting the way some Hardcore enthusiasts are choosing to play right now, so once we've made a decision we'll be sure to let you know. (Note, however, that even if we do make a decision in the near future, things may still change all the way up until Paragon 2.0 goes live based on testing and feedback.)

- All characters will be able to contribute to Shared Paragon levels equally. There are no bonuses or burdens for Paragon leveling multiple characters of the same class.

- We don't have any information about new Paragon portraits at this time.

- Travis Day offers more development insight into Paragon 2.0 here, here, and here.

Feedback is absolutely welcome!
Edited by Lylirra on 9/26/2013 10:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]