Diablo® III

Paragon 2.0 question

Cool !!! Thanks Ly!
Reply Quote
09/20/2013 06:49 PMPosted by Lylirra
To provide an example, if your account's Normal Shared Paragon level is 100, all Normal characters on your account will each get 100 Paragon Points to distribute as you see fit.

including the low level characters who have not even reached lvl 60?

suppose my account's shared paragon level IS 100.

Does even the level 30 character get 100 paragon Points to spend???
Reply Quote
MVP
- The third change is that we've removed the innate bonuses granted by Paragon levels, and players will now earn Paragon Points every time they level up. These points can then be spent to boost up various stats in four different categories: Core Stats, Offensive, Defensive, and Adventure.

So this means ALL bonuses!? Magic Find too!?

It's the 17th affix, the odd man out!
Reply Quote

-What category a Paragon Point can be spent in will be determined by what Paragon level you earn. Paragon level 1 gives you a point to spend in "Core Stat," Paragon level 2 gives you a point to in "Offensive," Paragon level 3 gives you a point to spend in "Defensive," and Paragon level 4 gives you a point to spend in "Utility" (or "Adventure"). Each Paragon level past that follows the same pattern.

But I want to dump everything into vit
Reply Quote
- What category a Paragon Point can be spent in will be determined by what Paragon level you earn. Paragon level 1 gives you a point to spend in "Core Stat," Paragon level 2 gives you a point to in "Offensive," Paragon level 3 gives you a point to spend in "Defensive," and Paragon level 4 gives you a point to spend in "Utility" (or "Adventure"). Each Paragon level past that follows the same pattern.

I feel like this sounds awful.

Customization to me would mean if I have 100 paragon points I don't want them to be 25 offense, 25 defense, 25 core, 25 adventure. I want 100 points to spend how I want.

Also, with the current paragon system, (if I remember correctly) you get 300 main stat, 200 vit, 100 of each of the other 2 stats for a total of 700 core stats when you hit paragon 100. With the new paragon system, 1 paragon point= 5 of a core stat, 100 paragon levels is only going to be 500 of core stats. Why is that? (and this seems even worse with the predetermined categories points will go into).
Reply Quote
09/20/2013 07:02 PMPosted by sheltem
To provide an example, if your account's Normal Shared Paragon level is 100, all Normal characters on your account will each get 100 Paragon Points to distribute as you see fit.

No, not until they are max level.
Reply Quote
09/20/2013 07:02 PMPosted by sheltem

You quoted the part that answered your question.
Reply Quote
The third change is that we've removed the innate bonuses granted by Paragon levels, and players will now earn Paragon Points every time they level up. These points can then be spent to boost up various stats in four different categories: Core Stats, Offensive, Defensive, and Adventure.

If that includes the 3 Main 2 Vit 1 Others bonus we get then that is a pretty big blow. One of the great advantages with the free core stats every level with paragon 2.0 is it makes putting points in to the main stat and vit feel less mandatory. If I already get +3 int I don't feel like I missing out if I dump all my points in to vit. And vice versa. I am free to put points wherever.
Edited by Gorbulan#1175 on 9/20/2013 7:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/20/2013 07:50 PMPosted by CriticalMass
- What category a Paragon Point can be spent in will be determined by what Paragon level you earn. Paragon level 1 gives you a point to spend in "Core Stat," Paragon level 2 gives you a point to in "Offensive," Paragon level 3 gives you a point to spend in "Defensive," and Paragon level 4 gives you a point to spend in "Utility" (or "Adventure"). Each Paragon level past that follows the same pattern.

I feel like this sounds awful.

Customization to me would mean if I have 100 paragon points I don't want them to be 25 offense, 25 defense, 25 core, 25 adventure. I want 100 points to spend how I want.

Also, with the current paragon system, (if I remember correctly) you get 300 main stat, 200 vit, 100 of each of the other 2 stats for a total of 700 core stats when you hit paragon 100. With the new paragon system, 1 paragon point= 5 of a core stat, 100 paragon levels is only going to be 500 of core stats. Why is that? (and this seems even worse with the predetermined categories points will go into).

these are my exact concerns with the system described. i like the idea of having account wide paragon and having stat point allocation, but why implement such features with such limitations? And why does it seem as though we will be losing core stat points on our main characters with the new system?
Reply Quote
09/20/2013 07:52 PMPosted by ATXVIVIVI
You quoted the part that answered your question.

The poster above you says NO.

I would like to think the quoted part means YES.

It is still unclear because travis' blog says all chars on the account that have "ACCESS" to paragon points.

That could mean that if some chars were HC they couldn't "access" the SC paragon points.
Or it could mean that a char has to be paragon capable lvl 60 or above to "access" Paragon points.

or it could mean both.
Edited by sheltem#1166 on 9/20/2013 8:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
- All categories other than Core Stats (DEX, INT, STR, VIT) have a cap on the number of points that can be allocated to them, which also means there is a cap to the total number of points that 3 of the 4 categories can have. At present, this means if you reach Shared Paragon 800, you will have maxed the number of points that can be allocated to the Offensive, Defensive, and Utility categories and all future Paragon levels you earn will grant you a point in the Core Stat category instead.

So really then Paragon 800 will be the level cap, correct? The Paragon levels won't mean anything if you get no bonus for them after that point. Am I missing something?
Reply Quote
09/20/2013 08:37 PMPosted by MiddleGate
- All categories other than Core Stats (DEX, INT, STR, VIT) have a cap on the number of points that can be allocated to them, which also means there is a cap to the total number of points that 3 of the 4 categories can have. At present, this means if you reach Shared Paragon 800, you will have maxed the number of points that can be allocated to the Offensive, Defensive, and Utility categories and all future Paragon levels you earn will grant you a point in the Core Stat category instead.

So really then Paragon 800 will be the level cap, correct? The Paragon levels won't mean anything if you get no bonus for them after that point. Am I missing something?

After 800 you can continue to increase your core stats ( str , dex , int , vit ) infinitely.
Reply Quote
09/20/2013 08:13 PMPosted by sheltem

And that poster is wrong.
Reply Quote
So under this new system, best case scenario, I will need to be about Paragon level 200 before I can max out Magic Find to be equal to what my current level 100 character has? I can understand wanting to set some limits so that characters aren't overpowered right away (maxing crit damage, chance, and attack speed in your first 150 points), but is there a way to balance this? Maybe make the first 100-140 plvls have assigned points to specific categories, but after that give us the freedom. That would limit the massive power boost when the switch is made to Paragon 2.0, but not make us be plvl 800 to max out one category of stats. Thanks!
Edited by quesadilla#1781 on 9/20/2013 9:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
What category a Paragon Point can be spent in will be determined by what Paragon level you earn. Paragon level 1 gives you a point to spend in "Core Stat," Paragon level 2 gives you a point to in "Offensive," Paragon level 3 gives you a point to spend in "Defensive," and Paragon level 4 gives you a point to spend in "Utility" (or "Adventure"). Each Paragon level past that follows the same pattern.

This is the only part I don't like. It would be a lot better if we just had freedom to choose where to put our points at any time.
Reply Quote
09/20/2013 09:03 PMPosted by ATXVIVIVI

And that poster is wrong.

That poster is right. A level 30 character doesn't get paragon bonuses in Paragon 2.0.
Reply Quote
how will paragon 2.0 work if you implement a ladder system?
Reply Quote
I understand the current thinking limiting where you can spend PPts otherwise EVERYONE will max IAS, CC, CDam as offensive first and I like the balance thinking.

On the other hand, myself I'd put my first 20-30 PPts into Pickup Radius and Move Speed (if it's increased, the cap) since it's SOO much of a quality of life and also moving faster get's you faster to where demons are, so faster dingding.

SUGGESTION 1 >>>

Make 2 groups of stats:

Group 1 >> Main Stats / Adventure Stats - Allow people to put as much points as they want here until the caps (For Adventure) at whatever level they want.
Since Adventure doesn't directly correlate to spreadsheet DPS and you already will allow Main Stats to grow to infinity, I don't see a problem with this and you allow some customization.

Group 2 >> Defensive Stats / Offensive Stats - Allow people to put points here every odd/even Plvl. What I mean is, you can put 1 PPt into either Defensive or Offensive than you need to put 1 PPt into Group 1 than you can put another point in this group so on so forth.
Offensive / Defensive stats in my opinion are the most relevant stats that directly impact performance and builds viability, so the player would need to make a impactful choice here, choosing more EHP or more offensive power.

What this all sums up is something like this: You gain Paragon1 and put 1 PPt into an offensive stat. Than you MUST put your Paragon 2 PPt into either a Main Stat or Adventure Stat. At Paragon 3 and 4 you could choose again to put those 2 PPts into Adventure (since Group1 is not locked by levels) than at paragon 5 you choose to put 1 PPt into Offensive again and so on.

SUGGESTION 2 >>> Make thresholds to unlock caps into each category of stats.

First you need to put caps into place, let's say for example:

At Paragon 0 you can only put PPts until the cap, let's say up to 10 PPts in CC (up to 2%crit), up to 10 PPts in CDam (up to 15%, I guess?), up to 10 PPts in IAS ( 2% IAS).
So until Paragon 10, the player could go all out and put all 10 points directly into CC, giving him straight 2% CC.

To go past that cap, he would then need to spend, let's say for example, 10 PPts into the Adventure Category.

So, in that same example where our Paragon 10 player spent 10 points into CC at the Offensive Group, now at Paragon 11 needs to put his next points into, for example, Pickup Radius if he wishes to unlock the cap of CC to keep increasing it further later on.

Let's say he spent his next 10 PPts, at Paragon 20, at Pickup Radius 5 and Move Speed 5.

He spent 10 PPts into Adventure Category, which unlocks his CC to advance to 20 PPts spent, but he's not yet at Pickup Radius or Move Speed cap, so he could still place points here, without putting points into another category since he didn't reach the cap yet.

I know this might get it a bit more confusing for people to get used, but this is what I believe would net the best rate of control/distribution of PPts while also allowing customization.
Reply Quote
09/20/2013 09:20 PMPosted by atinybug
What category a Paragon Point can be spent in will be determined by what Paragon level you earn. Paragon level 1 gives you a point to spend in "Core Stat," Paragon level 2 gives you a point to in "Offensive," Paragon level 3 gives you a point to spend in "Defensive," and Paragon level 4 gives you a point to spend in "Utility" (or "Adventure"). Each Paragon level past that follows the same pattern.

I'm not sure why everyone is so upset about this. Drops are supposedly going to be WAY better, so not having 300% mf won't matter.

Having slightly fewer main-stats won't matter because you'll also have more cc/cd/ias, and less Vit won't matter because you'll be able to increase armor/resist as you go.

Without it being done this way, it feels broken. Dump all every point into dmg stats and plow through everything immediately? No thanks. I like this proposed system because it makes the player consider his/her point investments more carefully (although I did want to increase PuR to the max on my WD).
Reply Quote
this may have may have been answered allready but regarding paragon lvls and ladder you stated paragon ;v;s will be unique to game type i/e norman and hard mode does that mean each ladder season we can make our new charchter and yet still have our 800 paragon lvl just with a lvl 1 with no gear ?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]