Diablo® III

So no more auctions house cards at Walmart?

I bought two stacks of these as gifts for my cousins birthday next year and now they will be worthless.
Reply Quote
MVP
09/19/2013 08:55 PMPosted by Zeyta
I bought two stacks of these as gifts for my cousins birthday next year and now they will be worthless.

I think those actually just go into your Battle.net balance, and Blizzard hasn't released any details about how they're going to address players "cashing out" those balances.

Rest assured, when they know how they're going to do it, you will know.
Reply Quote
Alright sounds good thanks.

Hopefully can use them towards the Trading Post.
Reply Quote
why bother? put it in your balance so that you can get ros without spending any more
Reply Quote
My cousin loves buying new items we bought a lot on D2, but thats not a bad idea. We might just use it towards the expansion.
Reply Quote
Just go to your cousin and tell them what you planned and give the present to them early so that it can be used.
Reply Quote
You will be able to convert everything to Hearthstone gold ;-)
Reply Quote
09/20/2013 06:00 PMPosted by Replay
You will be able to convert everything to Hearthstone gold ;-)

So now we know where this whole ah death is headed.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
09/19/2013 08:55 PMPosted by Zeyta

That's super thoughtful of you! :) It's also a very question good question.

I'm afraid I can't give you an answer just yet, though. We're still working out all the technical details for the shut down, so we don't have all the answers right now. But we will, and we'll be sharing them with all of you once they're available -- likely within the same FAQ thread we posted alongside the announcement (it's a sticky at the top of this forum) as well as more front-page blog posts. We know these details are important, and our goal is to ensure that this transition goes as smoothly as possible. That requires keeping the community informed of what will happen to things like posted auctions, items or currency in the Completed Tab, Battle.net Balance, and ancillary things like auction house gift cards and cash out options. This is partly why we wanted to give players such advanced notice, as it'll allow enough time for all the appropriate preparations to be made (both on your end and on ours).

TL;DR: We don't know yet. But once we do, you'll know too.

(I already noted this in another thread, but it I think it bears repeating here. Sorry for the duped text!)

edited for clarity
Edited by Lylirra on 9/21/2013 7:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote

That's super thoughtful of you! :)

I'm afraid I can't give you an answer right now, though. We're still working out all the technical details for the shut down, so we don't have all the answers right now. But we will, and we'll be sharing them with all of you once they're available -- likely within the same FAQ thread we posted today as well as more front-page blog posts. We know these details are important, and our goal is to ensure that this transition goes as smoothly as possible. That requires keeping the community informed of what will happen to things like posted auctions, items or currency in the Completed Tab, Battle.net Balance, and ancillary things like auction house gift cards and cash out options. This is partly why we wanted to give players such advanced notice, as it'll allow enough time for all the appropriate preparations to be made (both on your end and on ours).

(I already noted this in another thread, but it I think it bears repeating here. Sorry for the duped text!)

Who is this new Lylirra and what did you do with the old one? :)
Edited by Menacetech#1216 on 9/20/2013 7:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
09/20/2013 07:03 PMPosted by Lylirra

I'm afraid I can't give you an answer right now, though. We're still working out all the technical details for the shut down, so we don't have all the answers right now. But we will, and we'll be sharing them with all of you once they're available -- likely within the same FAQ thread we posted today as well as more front-page blog posts. We know these details are important, and our goal is to ensure that this transition goes as smoothly as possible. That requires keeping the community informed of what will happen to things like posted auctions, items or currency in the Completed Tab, Battle.net Balance, and ancillary things like auction house gift cards and cash out options. This is partly why we wanted to give players such advanced notice, as it'll allow enough time for all the appropriate preparations to be made (both on your end and on ours).

I have an idea that might help as far as the underlined portion. Here is what I would do with the closure of the AHs.

About two weeks before the shutdown I would prevent any new auctions from being posted. Then I would send reminders to the players to pick up their gold, items and real money. Reminding them if they do not pick them up in about week after they clear that I would automatically send the gold and items, not sure what I would do with the real money, to the account stash.

Gold would automatically be added to the player's account. The items would automatically be sent to the stash as long as there is room. If there is no room then I would send an email to tell them to open up some stash space in order to receive their items. Not sure what I would do if they failed to make room in their stash before the closure.
Reply Quote
View profile
09/20/2013 07:11 PMPosted by Menacetech

Who is this new Lylirra and what did you do with the old one? :)

I know right? I've never known any group of developers or community managers to be so vivacious xD
Reply Quote
View profile
So considering this was supposedly considered strongly before the decision was made. Why is it Blizzard can offer no information about the shutdown except the date? Nothing about how it will work, nothing about what improvements will be made to trading etc. You'd think such an important decision would have been fully though out before being committed to.

I don't find the whole thing as confusing as you; gameplay wise the loot system (aka better trading being not being forced to trade haha) is being held back by the AH and removing it has been thoroughly considered, the reimbursement is still under discussion.
Reply Quote
MVP
So considering this was supposedly considered strongly before the decision was made. Why is it Blizzard can offer no information about the shutdown except the date? Nothing about how it will work, nothing about what improvements will be made to trading etc. You'd think such an important decision would have been fully though out before being committed to.

Because (And this is how the corporate world works, it sucks) this is likely what happened.

The decision to remove the Auction House was made, probably a few hours / days before the announcement.

To give players as much possible notice, Blizzard announced the changes as soon as they could.

Now Legal has to go over every single inch of the shutdown and determine their legal ramifications. If Blizzard does this does it leave them open to lawsuits? Can they legally do X thing? So on and so forth.

They can't just decide how things are going to shake down with the RMAH because every single bit of it has to be approved by the legal team. So likely after Legal has given them the green light, they'll probably announce what's going to happen.

If the Auction Houses didn't involve a real currency, legal probably wouldn't even have to be involved.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
09/20/2013 07:35 PMPosted by fingrknitter
gameplay wise the loot system (aka better trading being not being forced to trade haha) is being held back by the AH and removing it has been thoroughly considered, the reimbursement is still under discussion.

This is pretty much spot on. The decision of whether or not to remove the auction houses was indeed heavily belabored. We notified the community as soon as we arrived at our decision, though, rather than keeping it under wraps, which means there are still some technical details (and a few gameplay ones, too) that need to be figured out. We'll be making sure to keep players updated throughout this entire process, taking care to address questions like Zayta presented as soon as the information is available.
Reply Quote
09/20/2013 07:44 PMPosted by Lylirra
gameplay wise the loot system (aka better trading being not being forced to trade haha) is being held back by the AH and removing it has been thoroughly considered, the reimbursement is still under discussion.

This is pretty much spot on. The decision of whether or not to remove the auction houses was indeed heavily belabored. We notified the community as soon as we arrived at our decision, though, rather than keeping it under wraps, which means there are still some technical details (and a few gameplay ones, too) that need to be figured out. We'll be making sure to keep players updated throughout this entire process, taking care to address questions like Zayta presented as soon as the information is available.

Not being forced to trade should come about by making playing the game rewarding enough. Taking out the AH just makes it harder to trade when you actually do want to. You made a gigantic mistake by taking out the AH, and it's going to hurt the game, not help it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]