Diablo® III

Need advice on buying a new gaming beast

So, when i play D3, i usually have problems because my machine is a little old.

When fighting more than 30-35 monster at once, my fps drops a little, and when the monsters are really dense, like 60-70+ it is really bad.

Also every time i log in and the first fight against a group of 5-10 monsters is like the screen tearing/fps drop. Kinda like it's loading or something.

I am planning on buying a new machine next year when RoS comes out.

Can you guys give me some advice on what can run Borderlands 2 on max. absolute max without any problems and also Diablo 3 when fighting like a 80+ monsters at once without problems ?

I'd like to discuss this both for computers and laptops, although of course i know a computer has higher gaming power.

Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
First and most important question - what's your budget?
Reply Quote
If you want to do it yourself then I'd suggest reading this thread on the WoW forums. If you can post over there then you'll also get more help as the D3 GG&H is pretty slow.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9499491465

I don't think that the fps drops you get when first fighting mobs is an issue with your PC. I had/have a solid PC (that runs Borderlands maxed out aside from the Nvidia features) and I get that same issue regardless of settings.
Reply Quote
Well, about budget, idk, can't say right now, maybe up to 2000 dollars (for the computer only, not counting monitor and other parts). Of course the less the better, but i won't even blink if i have to pay more.

I was thinking on either a 2560x1600 monitor or 1920x1200. Or a 18,4 inch laptop, although for now i am leaning towards a PC.

Ringo, thanks for the link, i am going to check it now.
Edited by Forzi#2106 on 9/20/2013 6:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Based on the WoW link and your budget, you can build a beasty comp that is somewhere between "top tier Intel" and "beyond overkill".
Reply Quote
Yeah, i am currently looking and reading, and i am having problems on deciding on some parts, like the video card.
For example would a gtx 680 be enough or i should get 780, currenlty checking reviews for them and 2-3 other.

But i am not in a hurry, at least 9 months till i buy it.
Reply Quote
my pc, runs bl2 on highest no lag

AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Card name: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series

choose your destiny http://www.logicalincrements.com/
Reply Quote
Yeah, i am currently looking and reading, and i am having problems on deciding on some parts, like the video card.
For example would a gtx 680 be enough or i should get 780, currenlty checking reviews for them and 2-3 other.

But i am not in a hurry, at least 9 months till i buy it.

In 9 months time, both the 680 and 780 would be obsolete and replaced by the GTX 880 and the AMD R9 290X or whatever they name it.

The 780 is a weakened GTX Titan but better value than the titan.
680 = rebadged 770.
Reply Quote
Hmm, thanks for the info, i also heard there are new AMD video cards coming at 25th september, and i am gonna wait for reviews of them as well.

Tgod, nice link.
Reply Quote
you could always do dual 7950 in crossfire to get equivalent of a titan at a fraction of the cost. My 2 x radeon 7950 gigabytes cost me $310 for both ($155 usd each).

It has been a pain for a little bit but the new drivers seem to be working.. I haven't overclocked them so dont know how much more performance I'll get out of them

for now in terms of 3d mark they outperform a stock titan

$2000 you can build any computer you want for the most part unless you plan to drop like $700 on a graphics card or $1k on an extreme processor... or something.

my rig cost about $800 or so and for 3dmark scores in the 92% without overclocking the processor, graphics card, or memory. That seems to work for most games at 1920x1080
Reply Quote
Where did you manage to find 7950's for $155 USD each? I just purchased a 7870 for $169.99 CAD and that itself, was an amazing deal.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]