Diablo® III

DotA Gets LAN Play

Announcement page: http://www.dota2.com/firstblood

Just gonna leave this here to show that there are examples of good games with heavy multiplayer emphasis that are actually nutting up and saying "Hey, people want this. This would make them happy. We should do that."
Reply Quote
A game that has advertisement banners inside the game = good.

In another reality!
Reply Quote
Sorry; should have said "popular" or "mainstream."

Heck, the fact that Diablo III already has an offline/LAN mode makes me think that Diablo III should be able to be played offline or over a LAN (console and PC versions, respectively).
Edited by FirePenguin#1462 on 9/19/2013 2:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
A game that has advertisement banners inside the game = good.

In another reality!

In the Lobby yea, where you do what... wait for joining a game? Big deal

You can always alt tab and read a forum/watch a video etc while you wait.... and the game developers still get revenue..
Edited by Minerva#1533 on 9/19/2013 2:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Curious how those ad spaces will work with LAN play, especially if there's no connection to the internet...
Reply Quote
omg how thick can you be. Dota 2 IS F2P game and doesn't need to be pirated, or protected from pirating, jesus.
Edited by Frozenkex#1835 on 9/19/2013 3:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Isn't dota not a Blizzard game? I think that's why. Also, you can't really cheat or dupe items in dota because you always start with no items anyway. Basically diablo with no save feature and no singleplayer campaign. That's why it's free. It's literally 1% of a game. Beats me why it's so famous.
Reply Quote
Banners are only in lobby, which is nothing. Lan play is always great but that would leave room for loopholes so hackers can destroy the game...I'm cool with B.net.
Reply Quote
09/19/2013 03:04 PMPosted by Pulis
Isn't dota not a Blizzard game? I think that's why. Also, you can't really cheat or dupe items in dota because you always start with no items anyway. Basically diablo with no save feature and no singleplayer campaign. That's why it's free. It's literally 1% of a game. Beats me why it's so famous.

Competition.
Reply Quote
Dota 2 is not a Blizzard game /facepalm.

I'm sure they regret not following up on it, when it was a successful Warcraft III custom game. But they snoozed, and Valve jumped on it.

And talk about a complete fail to understand the game and it's strengths. Dismissing it with ignorance. You are free to not like it. But that doesn't mean it's actually bad. It's insanely popular and competitive and played at a professional level for large prizes.

Keep your head in the sand, newbie.
Edited by Whiplash#1242 on 9/19/2013 3:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Just please dont post about dota.

Been a diablo fan for a long time, but also been a dota fan since it came out on Wc3. Dont talk about what you dont understand :D
Reply Quote
I understand it's insanely popular. I just don't know why. It's basically CS with Dedust as the only map. Dedust is boring. It's balanced but it got boring.

It's like the iOS 7 i guess. people love it because it's new. but they don't or can't tell me what's new about iOS7 versus whatever os their phone is using now.
Reply Quote
09/19/2013 03:12 PMPosted by CelticTerror

Just please dont post about dota.

Been a diablo fan for a long time, but also been a dota fan since it came out on Wc3. Dont talk about what you dont understand :D

This is exactly why i don't understand dota. I've played DOTA once when it was a warcraft 3 mod. It felt like half of the first floor of diablo 1 dungeon. Interesting but terribly short. Diablo 1 was better.

The mere fact that you tell me to not comment on anything i don't understand without clarifying why you love DOTA is simply retarded of you. Not even DOTA players know why they play DOTA.
Reply Quote
09/19/2013 03:26 PMPosted by Pulis
Not even DOTA players know why they play DOTA.

that's a pretty bold statement without any evidence,
most play it because it's PvP, like Chess.

Dota is not a blizzard game *facepalm*. Why would anyone need to cheat or dupe items in dota, every match is an instance.
Basically diablo with no save feature and no singleplayer campaign? LOL dude it isn't an ARPG Hack and Slash mindless brain-numbing killfest with 0 PvP.
Play the damn game before talking about it. 1% of a game my !@#. Repetition of the same kind of game is a 1% of a game.
Not one single DotA match among 200 games will ever be the same even if you roll the same hero repeatedly.

Beats me why you can't understand people participate in tournaments on a free to play game to win $500k+ USD as an e-sport. One word: Competition
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 9/19/2013 10:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]