Diablo® III

New CM/WW help needed

someone please give me some input on my build and let me know what i need to change?
I do okay but i think i could do better with changing some things ups.?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sethorama-1287/hero/33564540

also need a better hotkey setup because i just smash all my buttons on my latop lol
Edited by Sethorama#1287 on 9/21/2013 12:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
These are the marks you want to hit as a cm wiz. 2.73 aps 52.5% cc 40k hp 600 ar 4000 armor.

You are at 2.54 aps(its an ok break point but this build really excels at the 2.73 break point) 55% cc( anything over 52.5% is just xtra and good but not required) 33 hp (very low!) 750 ar (really good) 3300 armor (very low)

I suggest you increase your ias to get to the 2.73 break point. Since your chant will is fast at 1.65 you need to get to 66% ias total. This will keep your targets perma froze (even w/ 1 target) if you keep your cc over 52.5% (your currently over at 55%). Your rings have no ias so between the two you need a total of 12% ias w/o losing more then 2.5% cc. I would keep using a unity because you need to keep your loh but switch for an ias version. Then switch your pox for a trifecta. Next you have to much apoc at 29. It rec to use around 18-20. So you can trade your chant force w/ one that has more avg dmg 260 ( your off hand only has 131 avg dmg this extremely low) plus and vit on it as well. This will help w/ your super low health pool. Next i would switch storm armor to energy armor. You dont have near enough armor this will help you hit the 4000 mark and let you drop some more cc in other places if you use pinpoint barrier. I would drop your ar innas pants for some w/ 180 vit rember you need to keep the ias at 9%. After doing that its all about keeping your ias and cc at 66% ias and 52.5 cc while adding cd. cd is luxury but the other stats are imperative for your build to work.
Edited by ApplesNacid#1916 on 9/21/2013 3:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It all depends on what you want to improve. You're at paragon 0 so your stats are lower, but that's OK. You'll get stronger as you level up.

Your AR is pretty strong, but you wanna get to around 800+ with about 4k armor or more. They work better the high both of them are to give you higher damage mitigation. You are currently at 85.81%.. you wanna be around 88% with at least 40k HP.

A good place to improve this is your rare bracer. Try to keep the 6CC and 80AR (70~75+ is fine), but try to up the Vit and get armor on it. Trying crafting.

Alternatively, you can drop your rare bracer, go with a Lacuni and switch Inna's pants with BT pants (armor/2OS). . The BT pants will cover your EHP and LoH needs. The Lacuni fills the IAS break point and gives you more MS. This opens up your amulet slot so you can ditch the LoH and go for a trifecta to increase your DPS.

You're sitting on the 2.51APS break point without IAS on your rings. You can increase your CC to make it as effective as the next break point of 2.73APS, but it'll probably be easier to get more IAS than CC. One possible spot is your Pox.. switch out the Zuni ring/boots combo for Nat's ring/boots combo for IAS and the 7CC bonus. You will lose sheet DPS, but the higher the CC, the better. I recommend getting CC/Int/AR for your Nat's ring... IAS is native, but trifectas are expensive.

ApplesNacid is dead on about your Chanto's Force. 29APoC is a little excessive so you can get a Int/Vit one with higher average damage for a lot less.

You have a lot of options.
Reply Quote
Hi, also us Explosive Blast, Chain Reaction rune.

Both guys are right, but having 27-30 apoc works great, no more blank wand fire, makes your unit more efffective in big mobs, which means you proc more hit, more LOH and APOC.

Critical thing to stop the hammering at the keyboard is to make the IAS proc of 2.73, Works so much smoother, you will love your CM then and your Keyboard will thank you.

Cheers
Reply Quote
20ish APoC is sufficient so long as your APS/CC is decent enough since there are no other major AP spenders. If you're in a mob, AP isn't a problem.. it's only single targets where it becomes a problem and even then, waiting for cool downs is more the issue, not lack of AP.

Getting Int/Vit Force gives him more HP and DPS and allows Inna's pants to be re-gemmed with topaz for even more DPS.

Agreed on Unleashed to Chain Reaction.. lack of AP isn't the problem.
Reply Quote
These guys already covered your gearing questions.

Hotkeys suggestion
1. Diamond skin
2. Explosive blast
3. Frost nova
4. Armor

Instead of just smashing 1231231231323221322 & giving yourself carpal tunnel. Just hold down 1+2 & press 333333333. Obviously you won't need to all the time. Just when monsters are around and you have twisters out. xD

Edit: DS & EB will be cast again as soon as they are refreshed from cooldown. No need to buttonmash or use a macro.

Edit 2: You also may consider dropping teleport for the slow time skill runed for attack speed. I used that early on when I was below the 2.73 breakpoint. Beware you will lose the positioning capability teleport provides and against certain affixes slow time sucks *cough*electrified/magda flies*cough*. You'll get there.
Edited by gudmugly#1581 on 9/21/2013 4:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
okay ill see what all that can do for me.
Also should i swap my wand for one with attack speed%?
Because it would cost around 2b to upgrade my wand to get 2k dmg more.
Edited by Sethorama#1287 on 9/21/2013 9:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Okay i have upgraded everything on the wiz
It made huge improvements.
Again if you see anything out that could improve please say so.
thanks
Reply Quote
Also talk about best follower as well and setup for my type of class/build
Reply Quote
These guys already covered your gearing questions.

Hotkeys suggestion
1. Diamond skin
2. Explosive blast
3. Frost nova
4. Armor

Instead of just smashing 1231231231323221322 & giving yourself carpal tunnel. Just hold down 1+2 & press 333333333. Obviously you won't need to all the time. Just when monsters are around and you have twisters out. xD

Edit: DS & EB will be cast again as soon as they are refreshed from cooldown. No need to buttonmash or use a macro.

I find myself having to mash FN for DS/EB to be used or am I doing something wrong?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]