Diablo® III

Paragon Farming rout

So from what i have read, act 1 FW>WH>FM is the best rout? is this wrong?
Reply Quote
I usually go Festering Woods, Leorics(even if I have 5 stacks cause there is a possibility of 3 elite packs there), Fields of Misery(Crypts), and rotate Weeping Hollow every other time.
Reply Quote
Isnt weeping hollow supposed to have the best mob density right now tho? why rotate that one? and did you () crypts because you do them also, or because you enter FoM from the crypts side?
Reply Quote
Decaying crypt is not the same as defiled crypts
Reply Quote
I think act 2 VotA (to 5 NV) > Oasis > Forgotten Ruins > Western and Easter Channels > Storm Halls is meant to be the best, but might be more difficult. I sometimes die to the big groups of poison guardians in SH. I get about 135M EXP/HR in either act on MP9 with a ruby in the helm. Surely different players and different builds could favor one act over the other. Try it out for yourself. Record your starting EXP, time one run, then multiply the EXP gained by 60/(time in minutes) to find the EXP per hour.
Reply Quote
Ahh yes that crypt. I have fairly low dps, 120k. Im only farming MP 2 right now, i could do MP 3 but i dont 1 hit everything so i went back to 2.
Reply Quote
09/21/2013 02:17 PMPosted by MindsMirror
I sometimes die to the big groups of poison guardians in SH

It takes major mitigation and hp to handle those packs. I usually just stop after E/W Channels for a still-quite-good run--50-60m per on MP8.
Reply Quote
@ 360k dps buffed, where should i go to paragon lvl?
Reply Quote
VROCS is better for CM wiz, Decaying crypt is better for archon wiz.

Halls 2 yields higher xp than weeping.

If you are doing act 1, i suggest festering -> crypts, rinse & repeat. This method takes about 53 hours to go from 0 - 60 0 - 100. This route is meant for archon wiz though, as freezing spewers will lose on avg 15 M xp per run ( 15 - 20 min each run).

gg CM wiz with excellent teleport abilities should farm VROCS, i heard well geared barbs are able to go from 0 - 60, 0 - 100 in less than 45 hrs.
Reply Quote
I don't like Leoric's. It's to much travel time for too little reward. Just kill an elite pack (or two) incidentally while you farm woods, WH, FOM.

Also, less freezing is really good for WH & crypts exp. Just don't die ^_^
Reply Quote
What is VROCS, I can't place the acronym of anywhere I can think of?
Reply Quote
Vota -> Ruins -> Oasis -> Channels -> StormHall
Reply Quote
How does one do the Ruins before the Oasis?
Reply Quote
09/21/2013 10:05 PMPosted by Merkyor
How does one do the Ruins before the Oasis?
Lol, well it's typically called VORCS, not VROCS. So you enter Oasis first.
Reply Quote
You clear desolate sands before entering VotA? I usually do, though I hate fighting those damn insects, being a mainly stationary player. What I mean is that not very efficient? Seems like an adequate number of mobs and 3-5 elite packs usually. Despite being a pain in the !@# to run it is pretty fast.

One more little question: MP8 or MP10? I can do both pretty easily but never really compared the time vs exp. In general, which is more exp per time assuming time to kill is the only real difference in the two MPs for me. I'm at paragon 75 and starting to loathe leveling. I just want to find the most efficient method based on other opinions.
Edited by Lycinia#1486 on 9/22/2013 12:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I run misery until I find the decaying crypt, herding mobs along the way and killing them, ignoring smaller packs. If I find the crypt, I then teleport to festering, get a 5 stack, then tp back to the crypt.

Then repeat. Over and over again.
Reply Quote
I run misery until I find the decaying crypt, herding mobs along the way and killing them, ignoring smaller packs. If I find the crypt, I then teleport to festering, get a 5 stack, then tp back to the crypt.

Then repeat. Over and over again.
That is what my group does. We each split our game looking for decaying crypt. Whoever finds it first invites the others. Barb inspects crypt prepuking mobs, everyone else finds elites to weaken. Barb banners, we all kill weakened packs for stacks. Clear decaying crypt. I only use freeze when near death or on elite packs. Only took us 3 runs for me to go from 89 @ 1.5 bars to 90 @ .5 bar. Barely over an hour.

Our group consists of CS monk, WW/HotA barb, CoB wd and SnS wiz. Very fast exp.
Reply Quote
What is an SnS Wiz? Not familiar with that acronym.
Reply Quote
whats all this talk about freezing being bad for exp?? im a frost wizz....
Reply Quote
09/22/2013 08:28 AMPosted by CPWspeed
whats all this talk about freezing being bad for exp?? im a frost wizz....

Wouldn't archon be the best for p-leveling? Or hybrid archon at least? As non CM archon kind of suck against the trash you get the most xp form.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]