Diablo® III

Stuck when loading the game

Installed Diablo 3 on my mac after a long time of not playing. My mac is 10.6.8 and I got the warning about updating to 10.7+ or whatever.

The problem is that I managed to log in and choose my character, but when I click play, I get stuck on the loading thing that loads the map I guess and then after a while of waiting the mouse turns to the mouse wheel of death (rainbow wheel thing). It did this and I waited for a couple of minutes and nothing happened so I force quit it. Tried logging in like 4 times already, still nothing.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
Froggehh, could you open your Launcher and run the Repair Tool to see if there are any corrupt files? The Repair Tool option is located in the Help menu in the system menubar. If you are using the Battle.net Desktop Application beta, click the icon of the game you wish to repair (Diablo 3 in this case), then click Options and then Scan and Repair.

If those fail to solve this issue, you can manually perform a corruption fix. Here are the instructions for how to do so:

Delete the following files/folders:

/Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent/Agent.db
/Users/Shared/Blizzard/Battle.net
/Users/Shared/Blizzard/Battle.net.temp (if present)
/Diablo 3/Diablo 3.mfil
/Diablo III/Data_D3/PC/MPQs/Cache

Once done deleting those files, make sure all permissions are set properly in Diablo 3's main folder by doing the following:

1) Get Info (in the Finder) on the Diablo 3 folder.

2) Click the padlock icon and enter your password to authenticate yourself.

3) For the Everyone group, set it to Read and Write.

4) Click the cogwheel icon and select Apply to enclosed items. Select OK to confirm your action.

5) Close the Get Info Window.

6) Repeat steps #1-5 on the /Users/Shared/Battle.net folder.

Now run the Diablo 3 Launcher or Battle.net Desktop Application. Let Diablo 3 rebuild its cache. It can take between 15-60 minutes depending on the computer and drive being used. Do not click Play until the Launcher window shows the message "Game is up to date", indicating that Diablo 3 has fully patched and/or rebuilt its cache.

Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]