Diablo® III

New Follower

When D2 exp. LoD released, new mercenaries added to the game, the barbarians. Why don't we get new follower on RoS? A dps type, two-hander melee follower would fit pretty well imo. What do you think?
Reply Quote
Yeah i thought the same, a melee follower like the templar but with a 2 handed weapon like polearms. Polearms are one of the most ignored weapons even if you think this should be the strongest weapons in the game.
Reply Quote
an amazon who throws 2h weapons!

DOO EEET
Reply Quote
They already said there will be no new follower...
Reply Quote
09/23/2013 05:14 AMPosted by Deus
They already said there will be no new follower...

But there should be :(
Reply Quote
Before adding new followers we should fix our current ones. Right now they are next to useless and the buffs they provide are so minimal in effect that you don't feel like they are really contributing that much. They can't help on the offense or defense and die super fast. The only point really in keeping the followers around is if you are just feeling lazy and don't want to send them back to town or you enjoy the conversations. They are way to weak. They don't need to be strong enough to carry the player (like the Act V barb merc in D2), but they need to be considerably more powerful than they are now.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
09/22/2013 05:22 AMPosted by Shadowmourne
When D2 exp. LoD released, new mercenaries added to the game, the barbarians. Why don't we get new follower on RoS? A dps type, two-hander melee follower would fit pretty well imo. What do you think?
We have no plans to introduce any new followers in Reaper of Souls. Instead, we will be delving deeper into the existing followers, and we'll find out more about their personal motivations in their expanded story lines.
Reply Quote
09/23/2013 03:53 PMPosted by Vaeflare
We have no plans to introduce any new followers in Reaper of Souls. Instead, we will be delving deeper into the existing followers, and we'll find out more about their personal motivations in their expanded story lines.

Oh booooo. I was hoping that Horadrim Tyrael sent to find you would become a new follower =)
Reply Quote
Personally would like to have my follower in public games please make this happen, I enjoyed it in diablo 2.
Reply Quote
Please don't expand anything on the existing followers. If anything make them shut up, i don't need them telling me about worthy foes over and over, it's obnoxious.
Reply Quote
Well, it would be a bit strange to introduce an equal number of PC classes for each primary stat while simultaneously breaking that for the followers.

I'd definitely like to find out more about the Order and the Prophet, but I hope Lyndon isn't left out and we get to make a visit to Kingsport too.

Or maybe the rest of the thieves guild actually will find us, as the enemy from Lyndon's recruit quest promised us in the first place. Not all evil has to be demonic (although technically, humans in D3 are part demon anyway).
Reply Quote

Sorry but I don't care about their story. Would like a more customizable and usefull followers !
Reply Quote

How about you guys have Kormac grow a pair and ask Eirena out for a drink? It's really awkward watching that train wreck.
Reply Quote
I get tired of hearing all the follower babble, maybe the first 20 times was not so bad but.... why not make shutting them up a check box in the game play options, this is something everyone would like to see. That way if they like hearing "time to loot" over and over then hey have at it. Personally I would like to silence them.
Reply Quote

Simply because this is not D2's expansion. When will players stop thinking that RoS must equal LOD. When both expansions are for two totally different games.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
09/23/2013 09:01 PMPosted by ShadowAegis
Simply because this is not D2's expansion. When will players stop thinking that RoS must equal LOD. When both expansions are for two totally different games.

RoS doesn't have to equal LoD - it has to surpass it in every way. Hell, RoS needs to be the best damn expansion Blizzard will ever make because that is the only way D3 could possibly be redeemed. RoS has to be Blizzard's absolute balls to the walls best because in its natural state, D3 is Blizzard's greatest failing.

When it is suggested that D3 go back to LoD, it's because it fails so miserably as a sequel that it needs to get back to it's roots. When it is suggested D3 take on more of D2's features, it's because D3 is such a painfully inferior game that walking backwards would actually be progress for this poor, maimed franchise. When it is suggested that Diablo 3 turn back to its precursors and learn what it means to be a Diablo game, it's because Diablo 3 has no damn clue what it's doing.

Yes, RoS should go back to LoD, D2, and hell, D1 and try to put some series faithfulness back in a sequel that's so damn lost it merits an Amber Alert.
Reply Quote
Follower in public game would be awsome... as well as bein able to gear him more... New skills and armor spots for them...
Reply Quote
A new follower would be welcomed... Also in public games... The reasons I dont gear my followers is because I cant have them when playing with others and it seems diablo encourages you to play in muliplayer so why cant we have followers there...
Reply Quote

I like this, because honestly the current Followers fill so many niches on just about every build it's almost unnecessary to add another Follower when these have room for advancement and further potential.
Reply Quote
09/23/2013 10:16 PMPosted by Valynx

RoS doesn't have to equal LoD - it has to surpass it in every way. Hell, RoS needs to be the best damn expansion Blizzard will ever make because that is the only way D3 could possibly be redeemed. RoS has to be Blizzard's absolute balls to the walls best because in its natural state, D3 is Blizzard's greatest failing.

When it is suggested that D3 go back to LoD, it's because it fails so miserably as a sequel that it needs to get back to it's roots. When it is suggested D3 take on more of D2's features, it's because D3 is such a painfully inferior game that walking backwards would actually be progress for this poor, maimed franchise. When it is suggested that Diablo 3 turn back to its precursors and learn what it means to be a Diablo game, it's because Diablo 3 has no damn clue what it's doing.

Yes, RoS should go back to LoD, D2, and hell, D1 and try to put some series faithfulness back in a sequel that's so damn lost it merits an Amber Alert.

They need to first fix their game before they start adding in a ton of features to this game. Also we just do not know if RoS has anything else that will be added to this game or not. There is so much more information that we do not have. But I still say you need to fix the game before adding in new features, classes or even new followers.

Also an expansion should not always be trying to top everything that was added in the expansion of the previous title. That is not the purpose of an expansion. It is to add what is needed to the game. So D3's the judgement should not be based on what was in D2's expansion. It should be based solely on how well it improves the vanilla version.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]