Diablo® III

My version of the Sleet Storm Build

So recently Bukizzle introduced me to PotS and I liked it because of the AP. I also messed around with GC and liked that too. But I couldn't have awesome AP management with that so I worked around it by using this build:

1. Sleet Storm
2. Teleport
3. EB- Chain Reaction
4. DS- Prism
5. Blood magic
6. Pinpoint Armor

Passives:
GC
Cold Blooded
Critical Mass

Since Prism gives -7 or something like that AP to all skills it helps a lot with AP and GC gives the damage bonus lost by sparkflint. GC is also useable because of Prism. Pinpoint for armor and CC since you need APS and CC to have DS on most of the time. For this buiild to work you need 90%mit with GC and Pinpoint and 50+CC buffed with a 1h and 19-20 APOC i think.

I haven't gotten to test it yet but in theory it should work.
Edited by darcfeonix#1994 on 9/21/2013 11:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Iv been rocking the "sweet storm" and it def puts out. I Only run 9 apoc so i feel the need to run with a generator to fill up on ap and find that it also makes mobile/kiting mobs a lot easier to deal with. ALot of people use frost nova / diamond skin / slow time but theres not much you can do once you run out of ap fighting packs.

I do like your choice of rune for diamond skin. I use it when i run my disintegrate build and it helps alot with the ap and quick cooldown reset, plus the xtra mitigation is handy.

I see your running power hungry. Good for this build yes, but you really wanna have a decent amount of pick up radius as ur mostly static while fighting and u wanna get those globes that drop around you when things die without having to move around and break casting.

This build is getting real popular and it totally owns the Bat cloud
Reply Quote
Yea the build in profile was my old build haven't changed it yet. I guess the only way to get more dps for me right now is more APS
Edited by darcfeonix#1994 on 9/21/2013 12:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hey man glad you're enjoying PotS, It's so much win for SS. So I was thinking you might want to run Cold Blooded unless you get higher armor, res, and life. I was messing around with those two all day and even though the extra DPS is nice, the 10% loss is noticeable, and will probably hurt you more than help you.
Reply Quote
09/21/2013 12:36 PMPosted by hungdawg
I see your running power hungry. Good for this build yes, but you really wanna have a decent amount of pick up radius as ur mostly static while fighting and u wanna get those globes that drop around you when things die without having to move around and break casting.

PUR can actually be detrimental when using Power Hungry in an SS build. You only want to pick up a globe when you can get the full 30 AP (or close to it) out of it. That way you're not accidentally picking up globes when you don't need them and then finding yourself out of AP and no globes in sight. Also, with SS everything dies in melee range anyhow, so you can just stutter step over to globes without losing much dps uptime at all.

As for Prism, I've found that it's really not all that great for SS either. Especially if you don't use Frost Nova. Reason is because the shield only absorbs around 11k damage, so it breaks very, very fast with all those things beating on you. That means the -7 AP savings only lasts for a second or two. Against a ton of mobs you can refresh it fast, but when you're fighting a ton of mobs you don't have AP issues. AP becomes a concern only when you're down to high HP single targets. And again, with Prism that shield is going to break almost instantly, and you're not going to able to refresh it often enough with SS + CM to make it worth it against a single target.
Reply Quote
09/21/2013 05:39 PMPosted by Bukizzle
Hey man glad you're enjoying PotS, It's so much win for SS. So I was thinking you might want to run Cold Blooded unless you get higher armor, res, and life. I was messing around with those two all day and even though the extra DPS is nice, the 10% loss is noticeable, and will probably hurt you more than help you.
Yeah I think I'll just stick to the normal build.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]